• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear THE TRUTH ABOUT GITLITE -- (it's spexlite 5125)

Luckyshot

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2013
Dakotas
*Edited to add link where I purchased the fill*

Thought Id share my findings to this audience as well (with a more clickbaity title lol). Basically I wanted to find out what material it was because I'm a cheapass and suspected gitlite was marked up quite a lot. Turns out it is, but not marked up as much as you might think.

TLDR: Gitlite premium bag fill is just expanded polypropylene. Spexlite 5125 is the exact same stuff, and can be had much cheaper. Its amazing bag fill, and for $16/lb I think more folks would use it

Link where I bought the Spex5125:

More detail on my comparison here:

Thanks

Last edited:
Possibly here:

Thanks

Site won’t let me lonk

1D773542-DA66-42C6-BA83-888EEDA4DE22.png

I wouldn't get it through Amazon, if you look to the right it's sold through Box to Bench Precision. If you buy it through their website, 12 liters is $73 with free shipping, not $77 with shipping.

Reactions: BurtG
This is great, thank you for comparing the materials so thoroughly. I've been meaning to get some GitLite but the price kept me from ordering. I'll for sure try some of this Spex Lite.

Do you have a link where you purchased the Spexlite 5125?
^^^ Trigger Monkey got it. It was from Box to Bench Precision. I initially tried ordering from Walmart. But when I saw the vendor they used was B2BP, I just cancelled the Walmart order and ordered from them direct

Another potential source of this fill is here:

They describe the product simply as Expanded Polypropylene. So I'd bet it is also just Spex 5125

Last edited:
Reactions: BurtG
I just checked my order from a while ago and I ordered 4 liters for my Schmedium.
My home made bag took 9 cups. Its about a 70% version of the schmedium shown next to it

Attachments

• IMG_0829.jpeg
    IMG_0829.jpeg
    590.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0948.jpeg
    IMG_0948.jpeg
    754 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0947.jpeg
    IMG_0947.jpeg
    640.6 KB · Views: 23
I thought everyone knew this? If I would have known it was news I would have said something years ago when I looked into it 😂

I thought everyone knew this? If I would have known it was news I would have said something years ago when I looked into it 😂
I looked and looked and looked and was not able to find a definative answer on forums. You would have saved me the trouble of posting if you had done it first