• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Two Popes

softcock

novice judgmental prick
Minuteman
  • Mar 24, 2006
    Oregon
    Seen it last night .Was pretty solid, and a good watch .

I like the two actors work.

I've only watched the two trailers so far (late last night, had to hit the sack sometime...), but I think I'm in for the movie.

Greg

Last edited:
    I got tired of it pretty quick, just a discussion on church dogma. Maybe it got better but I couldn't make it that far and neither could my buddy. The actors are good and maybe it's a good movie but it just wasn't for me.

Actually watched it. Full disclosure, I'm a practicing Catholic.

For someone with some skin in the game, I liked it and feel it gives some insight into how the Church managed to get so far off the customary rails these days. There are things being said and done on behalf of my religion that I have some hard decisions to make about.

One hopeful point; the discussion leads to a comment about how when the Church goes weird, God sends another Pope to right the ship.

IMHO, the writer/director intended this to justify the current situation, but I'd rather be counting on it to reset the current weirdness.

Greg