• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The ultimate backup red dot?

Bluedog82

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019

I think the SCRS has a case to be the ultimate backup rds. I’d be interested to hear your thoughts as well.

I’d use whatever your pistol used to retain logistics (battery, screws, footprint, etc.) and you’ll have a backup dot for your pistol if the one on your pistol fails.

Or at least have the same mounting footprint.

I think the SCRS has a case to be the ultimate backup rds. I’d be interested to hear your thoughts as well.

The SCRS will be good until its internal rechargeable battery no longer holds a charge after cycling the battery so many times:. A few years maybe? Like a phone’s battery. Then you gotta send it in to Holosun. I’ll take my chances with a normal red dot that lasts 5 years on an battery and I can change the battery myself.

To each their own.

The SCRS will be good until its internal rechargeable battery no longer holds a charge after cycling the battery so many times:. A few years maybe? Like a phone’s battery. Then you gotta send it in to Holosun. I’ll take my chances with a normal red dot that lasts 5 years on an battery and I can change the battery myself.

To each their own.
Yes that’s obviously a potential drawback—if it’s 2-3 years that would be an issue, but if it lasts 5-10 years I see it being much less of a problem. They’ve only been out for ~6mo so it will be a while before we really know.

Yes that’s obviously a potential drawback—if it’s 2-3 years that would be an issue, but if it lasts 5-10 years I see it being much less of a problem. They’ve only been out for ~6mo so it will be a while before we really know.
If they sold user-replaceable rechargeable battery packs, I’d be all over these.