• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Ultimate Hunter training program!!!

Chaseerickson12

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2013
Washington
Become the ultimate hunter Training program

Hey there everyone! My name is Chase I am an avid shooter and a new member to the hunting community. I am currently studying Exercise Science at a local community college in Washington. I am putting together a workout plan for people that want to get out there in the middle of no where and hunt. This is not for someone who plans to hunt off the side of a road.

The program I am putting together is 100% free. I am trying to get my name out there with different demographics. Feed back will be greatly appreciated, but being 110% committed to the program is what I want most.

What my goal here is to make a training program that can be used by any individual. This program "be the ultimate hunter " will contain a 5 month training program that will get you up and ready for this upcoming hunting season.

My Training style:
I am a believer in high and low intensity training. I believe it gives you the best all around development of both cardio, strength, and power. Proper form is a big deal with training. If you are doing movement with improper form or need help (PM me)! A good start would be to drop the weight and practice tell its perfect. (Let's avoid injuries!!!)

The program:
This training program will be for both the athlete and the average Joe! There will be 3workout days and 2 cardio days. I find that military training styles tend to be the most effective and they will work best to reach our goal. Training styles that will be used Cross training with high and low intensities, cardio endurance training, and nutritional tips will help us reach our goal of "Being The Hunter!!"

Equipment:
This program will take minimal weights. So we can keep things on a budget.

-Dumbbells find a weight that works for you(adjustable Dumbbells are ideal for progression)

-Furniture moving sliders (these can be bought at Home Depot or Fredmyers.

-Weighted vest or hunting pack with rocks

A hiking trail that fits these requirements: 1.5 miles long and increase in 2500+ Ft elevation in that distance.

Ipod or MP3 player for good music :)

With the release of the training program I will demonstrate ways to make exercise equipment! I want this to be a zero cost program!

First things first lets find your physical ability! Here is a test I want you to preform so we can have a starting point:

What I need from you: post this info to the thread

-name:
-Max pull-ups:
-1 mile run or jog time:
-program starting picture:
-A quick description of why you want to do the program:

Program you will be placed in based off of performance in the above task:

Advanced (athlete) range:
Max push-ups -30+
Max pull-ups -10+
1 mile time under 6min

Intermediate range:
Max push-ups: 20+
Max pull-ups: 5+
1 mile time 6-7min

Moderate:
Max push-ups: 5-15
Max pull ups: 1-5
1 mile time 10min+

I'm working on finishing the program right now... I am posting this so I have a better understanding of where everyone is physically! I live in Washington state in the Fall City area so if anyone in my area wants to train with me send me a PM! I hope lots of people will participate.

Thanks everyone and good luck!

Interesting idea. I'd have to move to a different country to find a hiking trail with a 2500 ft height gain though! Denmark's highest natural point (i.e. not a building, mast etc.) is only about 172 meters (564ft).

May I ask why there is such a big gap between the intermediate and moderate 1 mile run times?

I'd suggest filling the pack with something other than rocks too.

Hiya
Just interested in what ya go. I gym five days a week

Levi
Michigan
Push ups 40-70 depends on back
Pull ups 5-10 depends on boredom
Run... I run distance haven't ran for speed in a min. Last two mile was 15:40 but last ten mile was 1.34:40
No pre pic yet until I hear what your offering haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sure about the elevation gain requirement? Trying to find a spot with an elevation gain of 2500ft can be pretty challenging or are you suggesting using a treadmill?