• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The United States lost a hero this week

xarmor

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2008
Austin, Tx
America lost a true hero this week. Breaks my heart. Godspeed to SFC Vogeler and his family

SFC Vogeler

THUNDERBOLT, Ga. --
A Hunter Army Ranger killed in action during his twelfth deployment is being remembered by family and friends.

SFC Lance Vogeler, 29, of the 1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, died in Afghanistan from injuries sustained in combat.

He enlisted in May 2001 and had previously served on seven deployments to Afghanistan and four to Iraq before he was killed Friday during a heavy firefight.

On Wednesday, Vogeler's friends and family remembered him as affectionate and selfless. Donna and Tim Vogeler, who are both deaf, spoke through their son Chris in Thunderbolt.

"He shared a lot of love. He loved to help people. He's a very joyful man. He's a great son," said Donna Vogeler.

"He's always been an affectionate person. Always give you a hug... give you a smile," said Tim Vogeler.

Vogeler leaves behind two children, and he and his wife were getting set to welcome a baby boy in a couple of months.

"We'd always play guns and different war things out in the woods. Dress up in the camouflage... capture the flag," Chris Vogeler, 27, said of their childhood and what led his brother to join the Army.

"That's going to be the hardest thing to describe is our relationship, because it was so special to me. Makes me wish that we would've talked more," said Chris Vogeler.

"Lance stood on top. He shined among all of us and that needs to be known," said Hugh Williams, a friend who served with Vogeler.

Vogeler's casket is set to arrive at Hunter Army Airfield Thursday at 9:35 a.m. There will be a procession starting at the Wilson Gate, then traveling on Stephenson Avenue to Hodgson Memorial Drive to the Fairhaven Funeral Home. The public is invited to line the procession route to pay their respects.

Re: The United States lost a hero this week

I thought I read a total of 12 deployments and thought, there's a man. God bless.

God bless him for his service and ultimate sacrifice. And peace be with his family in their time of grief.

Thank you for your service is not enough RIP. Your spirit will always be with us. crow hop

RIP Ranger, hoisting one for the Ranger in the sky.

Twelve tours really makes you think, when is this going to end? Sad news. Best wishes to his family and friends.

Pray sent to the family, I guess Saint Peter needed someone to pull security.

+1 on the prayer to the family and the thanks to a hero for my freedom.