• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The utterly pointless "Exit Interview".

Maybe they're sincere this time.
LOLOLOLOL

Unless you are retiring never to return to that industry, odds are that you will be seeing your former co-workers again. This is something to bear in mind when making your exit.

IMPE the odds are too low to give a fuck about. I don't trash people on exit interviews because I don't attend exit interviews

Reactions: Threadcutter308
I just interviewed and will start a new job soon. We'll see if the present company gives a damn for what I was doing for them. Probably not.
Gave my two week notice and was terminated on the spot. Only nobody bothered to show up from HR to walk me out.

I have earned three retirements. One by default, one by stupidity (I was at my dream job, looked up too, moved as high in the organization as my education level would let me and could take a big bonus if I stayed two more years yes I WAS S T U P I D!) Left it because I thought an opportunity was open that might never come again. Boy was I stupid. Five new hires in that last job on the year I was hired, within three years, all but one of us had left, that one was Mr. Stupid here. Finally left the last because i was really ready. Loved by some, hated by others and never really able to please anyone no matter how hard I tried or what I accomplished.

However, there is real truth and best advice, never ever talk down your boss or your former job after leaving. Makes it hard to move on as you simply won’t be trusted (not to trash your prospective new employer when you leave)

Last edited:
Retired in early 2020 from the best job I ever had, just as Covid hit. Worked remotely for 28 years and had not been to the “office” in 25 years. Wrote a brief retirement letter and was not asked for an exit interview, likely to HRs relief. Former boss who is semi-retired cause he has trouble turning over control to his replacement, sometimes calls and tells about the situation “at work”. He and I worked together pretty well, but getting ready to explain that they didn’t give a rat’s behind about us except for being the only program that was profitable in our division, and the feeling is mutual.

Exit interview? Nonsense! That`s just "politically correct" bullshit that makes you an ass kisser.
I`m 4+yrs into my retirement, with zero regrets for quitting ANY job! No more stress from assholes anymore. Retirement is GREAT!

This, has never failed me.........
1670700190499.png

Reactions: gigamortis
I do them with good managers that value my input which means they were also the hardest jobs to leave. My couple adventures with fucked companies I didn't waste anyone's time, especially my own.

I don’t see the point of an exit interview if I quit. If the company had been willing to deal with the problems I would not quit. I’m on the cusp of quitting right now. It seems the best employees are valued the least.

I think it would be more informative if you folks stated your industry, company size and general geographic location. Some of you have. Thanks.

Some people put their heart in their work like God intended. They are passionate about working and producing. When it’s time to go they’re sad. Others don’t put anything in it. They don’t care. When it’s time to go they’re in a hurry. They are sociopaths.

It's human nature for sociopathic personalities to advance into positions of leadership. We're now in the phase of people no longer hiding it- simply because they don't have too.

If there is ever a purge, it'd be wise to deport all the sociopathic personalities along with the Dems, Rinos, visa overstayers/illegal aliens.

I have never done exit interviews but have walked out of a few employers with a fuck you.

A year ago I was on a Zoom call with the partners at my old firm. I told them to fuck off and don't bother to call me. It was a little earlier retirement than I had planned but my wife and I have a business that keeps me occupied and I'm happy.

Bottom line on exit interviews is if they didn't listen to you when you were there,they aren't going to listen to you as you are leaving.

Reactions: Emerson0311