• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos The view does not suck..

3-0-hate

Captain Nimcompoop
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2011
Lost in Idaho...
I went spring bear hunting yesterday and struck out on whacking a bear, but I don't feel like I missed out completely... Especially with the views that I was privy to while I was up in the mountains. This is up near Cascade, Idaho, and the views, they sure don't suck.

Anyone else want to share a snap of their favorite view while out in the wild?

Taken with my Samsung Note 8 (4 photos merged in Photoshop CC)
40486856080_51446e919a_h.jpg

You guys are cracking me up! I didn't even think about the commie old saggy hags on the TV show of the same name when I posted this.. too good! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Bender
I went spring bear hunting yesterday and struck out on whacking a bear, but I don't feel like I missed out completely... Especially with the views that I was privy to while I was up in the mountains. This is up near Cascade, Idaho, and the views, they sure don't suck.

Not a day goes by when I don't think about turning over day to day operations of my business, selling the house, and moving to the northwest.
After 3 weeks of honeymoon in Montana in 2015, it's been on my mind daily.
Small house, but lots of land. Shooting off the back porch, some horses, living simpler, every day.

Monk Medic.... I totally agree. Went on a work trip to Montana for a week several years ago. Took and extra couple days vacation for a driving tour, and I almost didn't come back. Been dreaming on it since then. Great tag line. Can you fit all five in there? I should change mine!

Reactions: Monk Medic
Monk Medic.... I totally agree. Went on a work trip to Montana for a week several years ago. Took and extra couple days vacation for a driving tour, and I almost didn't come back. Been dreaming on it since then. Great tag line. Can you fit all five in there? I should change mine!

The other thing I like about the northwest, excluding WA state, is the politics.
No fear of having a large metro area run roughshod over the rest of the state, like what happens in New York state.
I found the average MT resident independent minded, with a strong love for God and country, that's important to me, and important to keep our republic functioning like our Founding Fathers designed. Add in the geographic separation, and I'd say it's a pretty safe bet for the next 30-50 years.

The other thing I like about the northwest, excluding WA state, is the politics.
No fear of having a large metro area run roughshod over the rest of the state, like what happens in New York state.
I found the average MT resident independent minded, with a strong love for God and country, that's important to me, and important to keep our republic functioning like our Founding Fathers designed. Add in the geographic separation, and I'd say it's a pretty safe bet for the next 30-50 years.

I fear that MT is changing like WA, OR has. There are a lot of leftists moving there and eventually they will try to steal as much freedom as they can.

Reactions: Blutroop
CMP70306 ... How far offshore ?

Far enough to reach the edge of the Continental shelf where the depth finder goes from 350ft to “shrug”. I can’t remember the particular canyon we were in for that trip but most likely it was the Wilmington so figure 70ish miles.

Reactions: seansmd

Used to ski McCall when I went to the U of I. Many a thunder run from Moscow to Boise to check out the local “talent”. Huge school rivalry.....my wife threw away my old shirt that said “BSU...BFD” years ago? Dammit, I liked that shirt??

Went to HS in Pullman years ago. I hear ya.

Had a lot of friends from WSU as the drinking age at the time was 19? Had me some times in that neck of the woods. Best job I ever had was working on the bosses A-frame on lake Cordelane. Water ski till it got choppy, work on the house that was in the water of course, eat lunch at Bungalow Bobs, water ski wind breaks, work on the house, take the boat to a decent restaurant on the water, back to the house, drink some beers and pass out. Next day rinse and repeat?

Reactions: Mike 556
Yup drinking was a science in that neck of the woods in my day. Kegers every weekend. Had a GF in Haden Lake but the Randy Weaver thing kinda blew that up for me. Too many cops on the roads to drive there and back...:eek:
Anyway. This is one of my favorite shooting spots. Winds cause some brutal up/dwn drafts...

Reactions: Monk Medic
I love the mountains & hunting. I sit here & glass for mulies in the canyon. This is Hoover Canyon again but a better view. View attachment 6907758

People spend thousands of dollars traveling out of country to see cool shit often at the expense of missing out on what’s in their own back yard? Sweet AO and appreciate the pic’s amigo?

Reactions: thejeep
You're welcome. I don't mind sharing with like minded people. But it pisses me off when tourists trash my special places. I'll never forget the 1st time going to Yellowstone & there was an empty case of beer laying in the bottom of morning glory pool. I detest anyone who would disrespect a place like that.
Here's one from farther north. Chased mulies in the ghost forest here for many years.
20170708_181544.jpg

You're welcome. I don't mind sharing with like minded people. But it pisses me off when tourists trash my special places. I'll never forget the 1st time going to Yellowstone & there was an empty case of beer laying in the bottom of morning glory pool. I detest anyone who would disrespect a place like that.
Here's one from farther north. Chased mulies in the ghost forest here for many years.View attachment 6907761

Wow?....Amazing country and I’m always confounded by how people can leave behind trash like that. Makes me sick? The desert Southwest is a subtropical desert with a beauty all it’s own with sunsets that are breathtaking. Instead of a half rack of beer left behind, think old couches and tv’s left behind and shot to pieces. I’m no tree hugging enviromentalist but we are the stewards of our own environment. Leave it better than what you found it?

I've lived in the desert SW for several years. I always loved the Superstition Mountains. Spent many nights out there but that was long before digital cameras so can't post any pics. However the trash dumping has increased 100 fold since then too. The younger generation seems to have little to no respect for the outdoors.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
I've lived in the desert SW for several years. I always loved the Superstition Mountains. Spent many nights out there but that was long before digital cameras so can't post any pics. However the trash dumping has increased 100 fold since then too. The younger generation seems to have little to no respect for the outdoors.

You make it up to Young or Lower Lake Mary up by Flag? Happy Jack area is pretty awesome as well. I haunt the Tonto national pretty heavy. Sucks right now because every campground is closed right now because we are so dry. Not that I use them because the whole point of going is to get away from people? You get worn out by the snow in the winter and have reason to be down this way look me up. See if we can’t put down a coyote or two out around Saurgo or Horse Shoe?

Reactions: Bender
Yeah I did like the north of Az. But I liked the Superstition Mountains around the lakes mostly because it was closer & I was poor.

Dont mind the truck.. its what's all around it that matters. Coulees leading off in all directions, monster mule bucks, and the weather is ver changing in the hunting season. We can walk for miles and see nothing, or can walk 10 feet and see 100 deer.

My father and I were invited to hunt here years ago. Have been going back as much as possible.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1527535153788.jpg
    FB_IMG_1527535153788.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 197
You get me an elk tag for the north rim & I'll be there in a flash!:p

Talk about lottery’s ? man I wish? Only game I never really got tired of as I was spoiled growing up on a ranch. Now I just pretty much do varmint and birds. Phoenix Metro would shock you if you haven’t been here in a piece. State trust land that I hunted for years now covered up in houses. Given up on close to the house and pushing farther out into the desert/trees. I live in Paradise Valley on the north end of town so it’s a quick hop onto the 17 out of town? Superstition would blow your mind with the growth.

Dont mind the truck.. its what's all around it that matters. Coulees leading off in all directions, monster mule bucks, and the weather is ver changing in the hunting season. We can walk for miles and see nothing, or can walk 10 feet and see 100 deer.

My father and I were invited to hunt here years ago. Have been going back as much as possible.

Kinda looks like the Dakotas but it ain’t?

Reactions: Krazy_jim