• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Vision Chassis?

gunjunkie45

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 28, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I had been thinking about picking up a Vision chassis but notice the Vision thread got locked a few months back. Seeing as they've been around for a bit now, what do those that have them think? Good bad and ugly? Especially if you have a Tikka in one. It's one if the few chassis that supports ctr mags and I actually prefer them to AICS. Same basic profile but 10 rounds instead of 5 and I've never needed to tweek the lips around. I'd love to hear anything you have to say about the Vision platform.

I have no experience with the full Vision chassis, but my experience with two Vision TRG front handguards has been terrific. Awesome products and yes they work as advertised with CTR mags (kinda cool to be able to use those in the TRG). If I wanted a full chassis I would not hesitate to buy their product.

I’m late to the thread but we got one of, if not the first tikka vision when they came over to GCP. We had a few small hiccups just bc it was a brand new tikka platform with several different options/parts being shipped from Norway but GCP was all over it to make it right very quickly. The chassis is a work of art and has all the bells and whistles. I’ve got no complaints at all.
    358A530D-EFA5-40EC-A82B-6F4CBFA0EEEB.jpeg

I’m a KRG Whiskey 3 fan, but I have to admit the Vision and even the Sphur chassis have caught my eye.

But KRG used Sako TRG’s for a template, and for me they just work.

Reactions: VargmatII
    I had been thinking about picking up a Vision chassis but notice the Vision thread got locked a few months back. Seeing as they've been around for a bit now, what do those that have them think? Good bad and ugly? Especially if you have a Tikka in one. It's one if the few chassis that supports ctr mags and I actually prefer them to AICS. Same basic profile but 10 rounds instead of 5 and I've never needed to tweek the lips around. I'd love to hear anything you have to say about the Vision platform.
    Where are you looking to buy one ?

Any more news about Vision product?

I'm after a forend for my KRG.

Also I'm after a Tikka XM mag mid section they announced on their Instagram a couple of months ago. XM size and Tikka action mix so well for plenty of calibers ( 7 SAUM, 6.5 PRC, 284 win 6.5x55) that I'm dying to finally get a compatible chassis in this mag size.

I like my vision Chassis, but I don't love it. I have not found a chassis that I love, so for now I'm sticking with it.

I don't like the barricade stop in front of the mag well. It wouldn't be bad at all if the chassis wasn't so rear heavy, it's a bit difficult to get the center of gravity far enough forward of the barricade stop.

This could be addressed by changing the midsection to remove or relocate the barricade stop, lightening the rear of the chassis, or a combination of both, but right now there aren't options to either (not including DIY).

I have a 26" proof comp contour barrel and a supercal bipod hanging off the chassis and I could still use more weight out front. The barricade stop location prevents this chassis from being used in all but the heaviest of setups, which for me is a disappointment, but it's a PRS stock and weight is seen as a good thing generally.

I also think the magazine well isn't the easiest to work with, it's tight and the spring is very stiff so magazines don't slide in easily the way they do on my manners. I think that's an easy fix though, just need a softer spring for the mag release.

Vision has recently made some changes to the butt pad and cheek piece that I like. It's just that barricade stop on some of the chassis' that needs to be addressed, the KRG and AI forends don't have this "feature", so its a bit annoying to have to deal with it on the r700 chassis.

Other than that, it's a fantastic piece of kit. The manufacturing is high quality, there are many options for weights and rails for the forend and the adjustability of the buttstock is fantastic. It's an expensive chassis and options can really push the cost even higher, but if you don't mind the price (or the barricade stop), it's certainly one of the nicer options on the market (IMO).

I love my 2 vision chassis. They do everything I want them to do. I am looking at the new butpad though.

The new but pad is great.If you don’t use the Cant feature .Way more comfortable and fits into your shoulder much better.I’ve replaced 2 out of three vision chassis with the new version.The new cheek piece is shorter overall but can slide front or back with an adjustment underneath.

I like my vision Chassis, but I don't love it. I have not found a chassis that I love, so for now I'm sticking with it.

I don't like the barricade stop in front of the mag well. It wouldn't be bad at all if the chassis wasn't so rear heavy, it's a bit difficult to get the center of gravity far enough forward of the barricade stop.

This could be addressed by changing the midsection to remove or relocate the barricade stop, lightening the rear of the chassis, or a combination of both, but right now there aren't options to either (not including DIY).

I have a 26" proof comp contour barrel and a supercal bipod hanging off the chassis and I could still use more weight out front. The barricade stop location prevents this chassis from being used in all but the heaviest of setups, which for me is a disappointment, but it's a PRS stock and weight is seen as a good thing generally.

I also think the magazine well isn't the easiest to work with, it's tight and the spring is very stiff so magazines don't slide in easily the way they do on my manners. I think that's an easy fix though, just need a softer spring for the mag release.

Vision has recently made some changes to the butt pad and cheek piece that I like. It's just that barricade stop on some of the chassis' that needs to be addressed, the KRG and AI forends don't have this "feature", so its a bit annoying to have to deal with it on the r700 chassis.

Other than that, it's a fantastic piece of kit. The manufacturing is high quality, there are many options for weights and rails for the forend and the adjustability of the buttstock is fantastic. It's an expensive chassis and options can really push the cost even higher, but if you don't mind the price (or the barricade stop), it's certainly one of the nicer options on the market (IMO).

Slap a couple sawtooth weights up front balances perfect....

Had the chassis for a few days. My rifle build is spec'd a little weird so it didnt work out for me but the chassis itself was amazing. Design looked thought out and machining and coating were perfect. Definetly will be using it for future builds.