• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors The wait begins....DTA SRS w/ TBAC 338ba

jmptx

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2012
Texas
Entering the queue today!

FDE Thunderbeast 338ba on my Stealth Recon Scout. The FDE TBAC is almost an identical match in color to the rifle. If the sound is half has good as this set up looks, I think I will be very happy.

Going to run the 338 two port brake on both my 308 and 338 barrels.

It is going to be a long 6+ months!

Attachments

• DTA_SRS_308_TBAC_338ba.jpg
    DTA_SRS_308_TBAC_338ba.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DTA_SRS_338_TBAC_338ba.jpg
    DTA_SRS_338_TBAC_338ba.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 57
I use a AAC Titan 338 can on my dta srs and won't ever use the brake again suppressor is the only way !

I have heard/read a good suppressor does do a better job of braking than even a good brake, has that been your experience?

The 338 doesn't bother me too much until maybe 30-40 down range, then I start noticing my shot starting to break poorly.

Hoping that besides the sound benefits I will see the recoil benefits as well.

Most people compare suppressed recoil to a longer but softer push. Personally I find the blast concussion shooting .338LM with a brake to be the limiting factor on my shooting technique, but I can shoot a suppressed .338 all day (as ammo funding allows anyway)

I have heard/read a good suppressor does do a better job of braking than even a good brake, has that been your experience?

The 338 doesn't bother me too much until maybe 30-40 down range, then I start noticing my shot starting to break poorly.

Hoping that besides the sound benefits I will see the recoil benefits as well.

I MUCH prefer the recoil reduction of a brake to a can on a 338. I will say this though. Much like Zak, the concussion of the large 338's can be bothersome. I had developed one hell of a flinch when shooting my 338 edge. I purchased a can just to work through that flinch (and to be one of the "super cool" guys) and it worked great. I found the recoil impulse was a MUCH LARGER push than the brake and I didn't like that as much. So, once I worked through the flinch using the can, I went back to the brake. I sent my Shark 338 can in for cleaning (about 200 total rounds down it) and I haven't used it since.

That's just me though...

Last edited:
Most people compare suppressed recoil to a longer but softer push. Personally I find the blast concussion shooting .338LM with a brake to be the limiting factor on my shooting technique, but I can shoot a suppressed .338 all day (as ammo funding allows anyway)

That is how I described the difference between shooting a semi-auto Barret 50bmg vs. my TAC-50. Of course in this case, the concussion wave was the primary "distraction" for me.

Looking forward to any additional improvements the TBAC might give me outside of the sound suppression.

Last edited:

I had a 300WM with 26 inch barrel and a Holland brake. The concussion was crazy. Worse than my other 300's. much worse.
Kissed that gun by- gun broker! I could see a 338 rocking your world with the wrong brake. 30-40 rounds hmm, that seems a bit much.

I am a little sore the next day after that many rounds, but it isn't bad. DTA did a great job on the brake for the 338.

Waiting for the form 3 to clear on my 338BA. Waiting for that and then the next 5 months or so just sucks.

I think that the can does a hell of job reducing recoil and I think probably more so then the DTA brake. Not that it was bad before I just like it better now.

I believe I don't get as sore with the can compared to the brake.

You won't regret getting a can!

Does the thunder beast fit on the dta break our do you have to use the thunder beast one?

Thunder Beast brake.

The TB brake is threaded to accept the TB Suppressor, and they make different brakes to attach to different barrel threads. For the DTA that is 3/4x24.