• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Witcher

Dthomas3523

Account no longer active
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2018
    South Texas
    I’m liking it so far. Fairly knowledgeable on Witcher lore and it’s pretty close. It takes an episode or three to realize it’s basically three different character’s storyline and timeline. One time period for one character may not necessarily be the same time period in the others’ story. But it’s kinda cool once you figure it out.

It’s like GoT and Diablo had a baby.

Only complaints are season is too short and have to wait until probably 2021 for season two.

Haven’t checked it out yet but it’s on my list! Is Cavill giving the role as Geralt justice so far?

I was pretty satisfied with how this came out. I've never read the books but I played the games, I binged the whole show in a day while hungover.

Reactions: Dthomas3523
    I have started watching and am about 4 episodes in. I am still not 100% on board but am getting there quick.

It took me about 3 episodes for it all to click. Then I had an “ah ha” moment and love it now.

Reactions: Alabusa
    I seen the wife watching the Witcher this week . I stopped a few times and it hard for me to watch and listen to it . I think I am lacking the acceptable amount of estrogen to fully appreciate .

I haven’t read the books or played the game, but I think the Witcher is GoT good, at least in the writing. The difference in production value shows in the episode that has dragons in it. Clearly, not as much money went into the special effects of the Witcher. Pretty sure I’m gonna read the books now instead of waiting for season two. At least it’s not a GRR Martin or Jim Butcher writer’s block scenario. Those effers are dead to me.

Geralt is played well, very true to what I've seen from the games even down to the voice. Never actually played or read it myself though, so I had a lot of trouble following the jumping around chronologically but it was decent. Got some great tiddies in it.

Semi spoiler:

You basically have to get to episode 6 before the story arc even makes sense.

I was so fucking confused by the time table until then.

Reactions: LawnMM
    Semi spoiler:

You basically have to get to episode 6 before the story arc even makes sense.

I was so fucking confused by the time table until then.

Whichever episode that had the hedgehog cursed dude was when it all clicked for me.

I have read 1 of the books and played all the games.
    I liked season 1 ,it starts a little slow but does get good. Henry Cavill nailed the role of Geralt ,he does a great job.

I think the cgi is a little cheap, but overall the series has promise. Season 1 set the stage with the story and lore. I'm excited for season 2. Hopefully Netflix can generate enough interest and keep the series going for many seasons to come.

What the German said. They skip around in time and they are NOT obvious about it.

When it starts to make sense it's almost an epiphany because stuff that didn't make sense falls into place.

Edited to add: Yennifer: Would Smash ?

I liked it. Sucks ill probably forget about it by the time there is a season two. It made no sense until I realized it was all different time lines.

That seems to be Netflix thing. I watched all of Peaky Blinders just to find they leave it on a cliff hanger that also won't be solved til 2021. I have a hard time really finding anything good on Netflix any more and if I do I have to be prepared for a two year wait to see what actually happens.

Big fan of the game. Didnt know what to expect. Loved it. Wife also really enjoyed it.

1577621413_sckdnsmtjk.jpeg

Whoa...? There are books?

I'm hooked on this one.

I just hope they don't dump it between seasons like they did with Marco Polo. That was one of my fave's.

Waiting eagerly for the second season of Altered Carbon...

Greg

PS just looked the books up on Kindle. Looks like eight altogether so far, and more pricey than I'd like.

Whoa...? There are books?

I'm hooked on this one.

I just hope they don't dump it between seasons like they did with Marco Polo. That was one of my fave's.

Waiting eagerly for the second season of Altered Carbon...

Greg

PS just looked the books up on Kindle. Looks like eight altogether so far, and more pricey than I'd like.

It would have to take a massive shit in audience at this point. The show runner is saying at least 7 seasons. It’s the 3rd most in demand original series and the most in demand when looked at across all platforms.

Some critics don’t like it. But it seems to be a huge success with audiences.

It was a bit confusing at first, but it started to coalesce 1/2 way in.

Overall, it feels somewhat rushed and the details are a bit sloppy compared with LoR, closer to just below GoT

Like the characters, lore, and world overall.

I have a man crush on Henry Cavill. Makes a difference. Didn't even know it was him until 10 minutes into the first episode.

Scenery great, nudity good, action very good, cinematography good, makeup special effects good, plot awful..watched all of it too

• Haha
    Reactions: Dthomas3523
    Scenery great, nudity good, action very good, cinematography good, makeup special effects good, plot awful..watched all of it too
    Thats kinda where I ended up. I really liked the first few episodes but as the characters gradually made stupider decisions in order to accommodate the story it got harder to stay interested.

My wife and I started this and finished it in just a few days. Worth the watch in my opinion. My only complaint is that there are only 8 episodes.

I really liked it! The acting was good. Anya Chalotra is HOT. Cavill does a great job as Geralt. I did have to refer to reddit to figure out what the hell was going on with the timeline, but after figuring that out it all made sense. Really looking forward to the next season. Seems like that might be a little far away though as it's slated for "some time in 2021".

The show did a great job of raising expectations which were completely dashed when I promptly read the books.

Was I suppose to read the books prior to watching? I have no clue what’s going on lol

Was I suppose to read the books prior to watching? I have no clue what’s going on lol

If you haven’t gotten to the 3rd or 4th episode (banquet episode) you will be confused as fuck.

After that it clicks. Then after you finish the season go back and watch again. You’ll pick up on a ton of small details that all make sense now.

I can see how the first episode can be a difficult watch for someone that does not understand the lore or have no background. A lot of viewers are coming from the games or books.

Read the first two books after watching the Netflix series. I like the series better by far and I'm a book guy.

Sadly, I've just never been able to get into video games much. Tried really hard many times as the cost/performance ratio is shockingly cheap compared to shooting... at $2 a round...

but it's just not the same as the real thing. would rather clean my rifle for real than shoot a gun in 2D through a vibrating controller at a zombie/alien/enemy

I recall having a conversation with someone that thought he knew about guns because he could list stats based on video games. He told me the open tip on a quality distance round (I had a plastic box sitting open) was there to do more damage as it was a hollow point meant to open up and mushroom in the target. I smiled and agreed that is often the case. I haven't taken him to the range because he already "knows too much" and people like that tend not follow safety rules. I'd take his wife or son in a heartbeat. But then I'd have to take his sorry ass.