• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The wood pile. ;)

MJ1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2012
When hunting for a hand guard I dumped out a box of wood and thought gee I should take a picture of that as there are a few treasures in there. Can you spot them?

.........MJ........

Home

I wish I'd seen that M39 stock a while ago.........is it a wartime? Any cartouches?

I could offer it a new home if it helps make space in your wood shed!!

I wish I'd seen that M39 stock a while ago.........is it a wartime? Any cartouches?

I could offer it a new home if it helps make space in your wood shed!!

I have never looked at it close maybe later. One of the treasures is a #4T ser.# S51 marked stock. It was missing the upper rear HG but I had a few spares.

I was gonna say, the L42 (long solid barrel band), the M39 (tiger stripe MN) and the leather cheekpiece on the Garand.

Just my guesses...

I was gonna say, the L42 (long solid barrel band), the M39 (tiger stripe MN) and the leather cheekpiece on the Garand.

Just my guesses...

Good guess. There is also a BRM M1 stock in there.

Well a few catch my eye, but that cheek rest on the Garand stock is hard to ignore.

That M1 stock came off one of the M1Ds auctioned off years ago, for some reason it was changed out to a grey laminated stock. I did see the rifle displayed with the lam stock in one of those velvet lined glass wall cases. I bought three M1 stocks from that estate and sold one bedded stock for a dandy price then used another for a build.

That M1 stock came off one of the M1Ds auctioned off years ago, for some reason it was changed out to a grey laminated stock. I did see the rifle displayed with the lam stock in one of those velvet lined glass wall cases. I bought three M1 stocks from that estate and sold one bedded stock for a dandy price then used another for a build.

So, the BRM is the one wearing the cheekpiece?

Sorry I did make it clear that it was the other dark stock.