• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Themal / NV video.,,,a night with Wild River Ranch

HTR707

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
May 12, 2008
Rockport, TX
Enjoy...
smile.gif
I think this is the first ever split screen, NV / thermal image video.

<span style="color: #FF0000">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6_yT0GzJ8w</span>

Re: Themal / NV video.,,,a night with Wild River Ranch

What is it like ranging at night? I have been told that it is very difficult to estimate distance through night vision? Is there a advantage in this regard between thermal and standard NV? Just wondering.

Nice touch with the Split-Screen .
With side-x-side visual on split-screen . It really looks like there is more definition of target in the open with 'Quality' standard NV, over Thermal image .
Even though I know. Heat Signature has some BIG advantages .
-
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt">HEY ! You Need to work on your 'Movers'</span></span> . LOLHAHAhaha

<span style="font-weight: bold">. & Just..... flipping you Some friendly Shit.</span> (I KNOW) that it's is tough & especially @ night for follow-ups & moving targets that run on All-Four's .

Why don't you start your own for sale thread, instead of trying sale your crap on some other person's thread.

Or better yet read the fuckin for sale rules.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: terryg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is it like ranging at night? I have been told that it is very difficult to estimate distance through night vision? Is there a advantage in this regard between thermal and standard NV? Just wondering. </div></div>

It is pretty difficult to estimate range at night. the best way to do this, is to have landmarks of known range within each stalking area. We have low fences. so we use several techniques to lure them into those zones. We sneak up downwind, and spot with the thermal. If they are there, you know it immediately. We use the NV to get a + ID then we stalk in for the shots.

BTW, these "clients" were the ones helping shoot the video. they were using my rifles, which is the way I outfit paying customers. It is already disorienting to shoot at night, but harder still when they are using someone else's gun.

That just makes it even more challenging.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what kind of thermal? </div></div>

This was shot with a Nivisys TAM-14.