• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

There are many like it, but this FN is mine

Trochlea

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2013
Den, CO
Just wanted to brag and give some praise where they are due. I have been working up into long range shooting and unfortunately didn't have a rig. Between here and /r/longrange I started looking at an FN from Mike at tactical coordination. I realized that it wasn't the fanciest hot rod caliber but seeing as the nut behind the gun was definitely the weakest point I figured that I needed the practice 308 ammo and a chrome lined barrel could offer. After messing around with it and getting a scope with a large objective I decided that it needed a little bit of personalization. So this was the progression (Link for if/when I screw up adding pictures Photo Album - Imgur ).

Out of the box with a nikon scope 20130328_183840.jpg

Got my Bushnell G2DMR 20130427_145900_HDR.jpg

Muzzle brake by Ross Schuler, thread and install by Mike at CS tactical brake.jpg

Cheek riser by stock doc aka Joe Ducos here on the hidefull.jpg

As for the praise, Joe did solid work on that cheek riser, its like its a different gun. If any would like the above link has more detailed photos of the stock work. Also, Mike was inexpensive, did exactly what I needed and got the muzzle brake installed in a week, unlike local gunsmiths who could either not work on an FN or would take 8 weeks minimum to thread the barrel. Couldn't have asked for anything more! I will update with groups after I get to take the thunderstick for a run