• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

There ought to be an app...

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    That lets you push a button and electrocute scammers through the cell phone. Or shoot a poison needle into their ear.

I sell a lot of vintage audio gear and get so many of them.

Theyre so easy to spot, they use the same weak lines and always want to send you more than your price and you send some to the transportation guys, or a variation of that.

Fuck a bunch of goddamn crooks.

Many years ago Bill Gates proposed that all phones should have the option to become 900 numbers. And should have a refund button and an exception list.

So you put people you want to talk to on the exception list. The dealer calls to say your car is ready to pickup. You refund his money.

But you set your rate, say $20.00 per minute.

:my car warranty is going to expire! Oh gosh we can't have that..... which car.... you mean the red one---Ka ching 20 bucks in your pocket.

• Love
    Reactions: Maggot
    Got a scam call today while in the city doing business. Had heaps of fun with some Indian
    chick on the phone, trying to convince me to download some software to my ‘dewice’.
    Allegedly someone had charged $299 to my card from eBay (Ive never bought from eBay
    and don’t have an account). Unfortunately because I don’t have a ‘dewice’ I couldn’t
    be saved....

Maggot I bet you can tell within 30 seconds if the purchaser is a legit audio guy, or not.
    Maybe that old saying ‘buy the seller, as well as the item’ applies to the purchaser also.

When I have time I love to fuck with these idiots. Had one of those tax scammers on the phone for over 30 minutes I acted like I was scared and definitely wanted to fix the problem. I keep circling back to the same questions over and over…..lol had that Indian fucker so pissed at the end when he finally realized I was fucking with him and wasn’t going to get a dime out of me.

Reactions: 308pirate
    I tend to find that even calling someone else seems to get the scammers calling. Case in point: At one point it seemed like I wasn't getting any scam calls on a regular basis. Didn't really think anything of it at the time. I found some land for sale, called the realtor to get more info, talked to the realtor, nothing else. Next thing I know I'm getting the scam calls on the regular.

Just seems to happen more often when I call other people not in my usual circle.

That lets you push a button and electrocute scammers through the cell phone. Or shoot a poison needle into their ear.

I sell a lot of vintage audio gear and get so many of them.

Theyre so easy to spot, they use the same weak lines and always want to send you more than your price and you send some to the transportation guys, or a variation of that.

Fuck a bunch of goddamn crooks.

If you are a good enough engineer…. All is possible…

Sirhr

• Haha
    Reactions: phxfa and Maggot
    I’m religious with my block caller list..emails as well.

over 1000 so far

since I became consistent, both are almost nil.

copy to my wife’s phone as well

When I have time I love to fuck with these idiots. Had one of those tax scammers on the phone for over 30 minutes I acted like I was scared and definitely wanted to fix the problem. I keep circling back to the same questions over and over…..lol had that Indian fucker so pissed at the end when he finally realized I was fucking with him and wasn’t going to get a dime out of me.

YES!