• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Thermal Bioculars

I have an injured Night Optics pre-Vulkan, and have been waiting for NO to re-open since their move from CA to MO....
Getting any communication from them has been difficult to say the least.

Pic below is a 640 Vulkan bc I dont have a pic of my injured child...

20191210_072650.jpg

Pic is to educate the readers on what I am looking at/for...

My damaged child has a broken eyepiece. Wont focus at distance. Everything else still works like it's supposed to.

Both of the pictured units have the body of a pvs 7 as the host. Pvs 7 rear plates with both eyepieces are available but, I keep waiting for a response from NO USA.
Pvs7 plate pic.
20191210_074345.jpg

I am considering a replacement but have no clue which way to jump.

My damaged child was capable of differentiating between a deer and pig at 1200 yards. It was my go to favorite for identifying what needed to die. I have missed it much in the past three months it has been sick and unable to get a doctors appt.

And no, the flir m24 patrol, the l3mtm, mtm with extender lense, the reap ir, and the lwts do NOT perform as well at long range ID.

Does ANYBODY out there have experience with similar units for long range thermal ID ? Help.... please..

@wigwamitus @DownRangeThermal

Reactions: deersniper
My damaged child has a broken eyepiece. Wont focus at distance. Everything else still works like it's supposed to.

Both of the pictured units have the body of a pvs 7 as the host. Pvs 7 rear plates with both eyepieces are available but, I keep waiting for a response from NO USA.
Pvs7 plate pic.
View attachment 7199280

I am considering a replacement but have no clue which way to jump.

My damaged child was capable of differentiating between a deer and pig at 1200 yards. It was my go to favorite for identifying what needed to die. I have missed it much in the past three months it has been sick and unable to get a doctors appt.

And no, the flir m24 patrol, the l3mtm, mtm with extender lense, the reap ir, and the lwts do NOT perform as well at long range ID.

Does ANYBODY out there have experience with similar units for long range thermal ID ? Help.... please..

@wigwamitus @DownRangeThermal

Feeling your pain. Having something that good down has got to suck. Hope you get it back up and running. That's a somewhat new device to me, so I need to start studying. Maybe Santa will put one under my Tree this year. But I doubt it. He has already brought me too many dang toy's but one can always keep wishing.

I haven’t had the chance to id one past 400. I can say however that 400 yd and in its clear as day a yote. I’ve had deer at 700yd that I can 100% id. I can even see mice running around in fields at 500yds. I haven’t a bad thing to say about it.

After 3 months wait, night optics move from CA went well. Got RMA to send my unit back, and..... in the waiting stage to see if Doc fixes the patient. Yayyyy......
Will post results as they happen.