• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Thermal Drones

I thought hard about buying one of those. Just the other day I was looking and it seems like the app to run it is pretty limited?

I recently learned that there is software available that allows the user to identify the dji drone serial number, the flight path of the drone, location of the drone, and location of the drone transmitter with gps coordinates in real time. It is my understanding that it is for DJI drones only. Law enforcement in some large cities are using it.

• Wow
Reactions: deersniper
I recently learned that there is software available that allows the user to identify the dji drone serial number, the flight path of the drone, location of the drone, and location of the drone transmitter with gps coordinates in real time. It is my understanding that it is for DJI drones only. Law enforcement in some large cities are using it.

They have a few apps, and something called "AeroScope."

If you're flying in restricted space, and "they" have this tech (easy to acquire), you're toast.

My buddy just ordered one of these. He’s putting the pressure on me to get a thermal scope. Somebody make me a deal on a Halo 25 and we’ll be in business!

Awesome, he will so love his new toy. I want to own a toy like this. Some crazy visions.

m2e is pretty useless for practical ID though. its only got a 160 sensor so you'd have to fly pretty low to get a good signature on screen to tell the difference, but then you risk scarin I away any living beings. If you're adventurous i would jerry rig a normal mavic zoom with a duo pro using an external gimbal. its not an integrated solution like a xt but you'd be paying a fraction of the cost

Pretty well for detection. I’ve only seen it a few times. But it shows heat signatures well.

Its very different from the Halo I had, but that’s expected. The drone itself is excellent.

Reactions: deersniper
The problem with the nicer sensors seems to be that you need a bigger drone since it is a more substantial payload. In that case, you have kind of left the toss it in my pack and go advantages of the Anafi or the Enterprise. Everybody has a different situation, but having something I can pack in is big for me.

I did not realize the Enterprise is running a smaller sensor/camera than the standard Flir Vue stuff typically seen on drones. I have seen pictures/videos of people using the Flir Vue on the Mavic Pro, and I believe that is the same size whether it is a 336 or 640 sensor. Guess depends on lens selection/gimbal/etc.

I do not have personal experience flying thermals and I have never used the Flir Vue stuff, and was assuming that was the sensor used in the videos I attached. My current fpv drone is using 9in props but no folding arms or props currently. I made a bomb bay and drop large nuts/bolts tied to parachutes for my friends kids to run after. It is similar in size to a mavic just without the folding ability but still picks quite a bit of weight.

The controls/being integrated easily is really nice on the factory setups if it can still do the various follow modes/etc in thermal.

Yeah, the Enterpise has a Lepton 3.5. I guess it isn't much for filming, but pretty good for detection. I know you can get bolt on 640s for it, but I wonder how they do with a payload that is so much greater than as designed. Anyway, I am looking at them all myself, and don't really know other than what I have been told or figured. I have a Mavic 2 Zoom, which is the same drone as the enterprise, and it is super easy to fly, which is good for me because I am not all that interested in flying or pictures, but what it can do for me. It seems there is also an Autel Drone that has a 320 and 640 and is mid priced, rather than the over 10k Zenmuse set ups.

Reactions: SierraLima
I think they do pretty good adding a fair amount of weight. Unless you're take off throttle is well above 50% of range you should be able to add quite a bit. But COG plays a role. I saw a video recently of a dude that made a giant ufo skin for a Mavic and it flew. Not well but it wasn't small...but factory integration is really nice for anything wkth displays on screen/refinements,etc

I am wanting to try a flir vue 336 on mine when I build a new frame for it down the road. My only dislikes with the factory setups are their ability to keep you from flying due to physical location, or the computer needing an update or something. I understand sometimes there are good reasons for restrictions with drone flight but other times there are not. But then again flying without a gps and no return to home function with a thermal would be hard to do depending on terrain as well.

The actual vs advertised flight time and range on drones has been very misleading which keeps me from looking into these things.