• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thermal for poors

Scarface26

knuckle dragger
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Southeast OK
Gents,

I'm looking at a pulsar thermion (the 3-13 X model) and the pulsar core thermal scopes. There's about a $400 difference between the two and my question is for those who have handled both, is the thermion that much better? Gut says yes, but I've done well to ask the obvious on this forum before. This will be used on coyotes and hogs.

God bless America

I'm going to bump this as I had a similar question. I'm a poor and would like to get into Thermals but need to keep it under $3k. There looks to be some interesting stuff coming out and am particularly interested in the:

Pulsar Talion. I've looked through some Thermion scopes and the imagery is amazing. I would imagine the Talion is similar

and the Accufire Incendis. I like the flexibility of using it as a clip-on, handheld, or dedicated scope but don't know dick about the company or what to expect as far as image quality.

Can I get some guidance from you more knowledgeable people?

ETA: I guess it would help to include my needs...I'm looking at doing some hog and coyote hunting and would like to be able to get a positive ID out to 250-300 yards

Last edited:
@kirsch would be a great asset to help you answer this question. He is a big time Coyote hunter and tests thermals.

Reactions: DIBBS
Too much to cover in a forum post. I take about 45-60 minutes and really dig into the needs and style of hunting and then can make recommendations based off this. I will send a PM with my contact information.

Last edited:
Tag for interest. I played with an ATN thor and while it was different, I haven’t had many points of comparison. Going night hog hunting later this year, and a couple of landowners I made friends with out in western Maryland are having increasingly bad coyote problems they would like some help dealing with. I sadly don’t have a gigantic budget to work with, so not being able to get a proper hands-on really is making choosing a “budget” NV/thermal that will still be effective difficult

Just purchased the AGM Rattler TS35-384. Under $3k and it seems like it should check all my boxes. Should be here Friday, so we’ll see

Just purchased the AGM Rattler TS35-384. Under $3k and it seems like it should check all my boxes. Should be here Friday, so we’ll see
Post video as soon as you are able. I'd like to see how it works for you

Too much to cover in a forum post. I take about 45-60 minutes and really dig into the needs and style of hunting and then can make recommendations based off this. I will send a PM with my contact information.
Korey, thanks for your time today, it was a huge help and at least I know which direction I want to go.

Reactions: stefan73
With the thermal availability today in the entry level price range there is not one reason to consider the Pulsar core. I really like the image quality on the Rattler lineup and they are easy to use. I have yet to look through any of the Hogsters but most say image is even up between Hogster and Rattler, but the Hosters warranty is better.