• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thermal Hunting

JohnK

Private
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2019
What scope would be best fit for base magnification and clarity for strictly hunting. Realistically all shots will be under 250 yards. I use a pulsar Helion scanner so I’m fine with a dedicated scope with a higher base magnification or even a clip-on. Has anyone had any first hand experience with the Pulsar Krypton clip-on? I’m leaning towards swapping to a NVision LR when it comes to a dedicated thermal. I currently have a Trijicon reap-35. Thoughts?

@jstokes1 Can speak to the Krypton.

Your options are pretty much wide open inside of 250 yard shots. My preference is to leverage a 35mm Optic for wider FOV and to step up to 2x Digital Mag if I need a little more precision for the rarer long range shots.

We carry lots of thermal products. Feel free to give us a ring; we'll step you through several options and capabilities.

Preston
214 744 3589

Depends on your price range - would roll Trijicon mk3 60mm IR Hunter or Halo XRF if price doesn’t matter (they are $7-10,000). If price is a concern would look at AGM Rattler TS50-640 or maybe the irays ($4,000 range). Would steer clear of ATN or anything under $3500. Cheers

If you're looking for a good Thermal scope for that distance and not breaking the bank, the Pulsar Thermion XM30 (PL76524) would be perfect for it. It has a 320x240 resolution with a 12 micron. The clarity is going to be perfect for that 100-150 yard range you're talking about. Has 8 different color pallets, 10 different reticle options as well as recording capability.

I’m looking to upgrade my current thermal which is a Trijicon reap 35mm.