• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Thermal. N-Vision 25mm

JohnK

Private
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2019
Been searching online for a used or refurbished unit and have not had much luck. Does anyone know where the best place to get one would be? Unfortunately, I cannot quite swing the price of a new one but don't want to "settle" for a sub-par thermal.

There are some on here and other forums that have access to and have used all brands of thermals.
Some end up buying what others would consider Sub Par units, after actually using those thermals in all types of field conditions, without failure, not just looking through them.
Your already "settling" in buying a used or refurbished 25mm scope.

It all depends on what you want to do with it.
384 or 640 resolution ?
Hunting distances ?
Record ?
Read through the topics here and you'll get all sorts of options.
The Bering optics super hogster is an all around great scope.
Pulsar offers many models in the thermion line up, you just need to figure on what model best suites your needs.
I have the XP38 thermion, 640 res, records, has low a base magnification with a wide FOV, which best suites my needs.
That wouldn't be my choice if hunting out west.

@shoots100 what would you suggest the best route to go would be with around a $4,000 budget?

there is a used Trijicon IR Hunter on an AR type of website for $4,800 MK2 listed. More than your budget but a solid 640x480 offering. Not mine and no one I know.

Open to suggestions outside of the Halo 25mm.
Buy the best scope you can afford, that's best suited to the area you plan to use it.
Wide open terrain with longer range shots = Higher base magnification / Smaller FOV at closer ranges.
Wooded/CQB terrain = Lower base magnification / Wider FOV at closer ranges.
If you can afford a 640 res, all the better.

If I had to get rid of my current (Halo LR) setup I would definitely buy a Super Hogster. I expect I’d be 80% as effective on coyotes for a fraction of the price.

If I had to get rid of my current (Halo LR) setup I would definitely buy a Super Hogster. I expect I’d be 80% as effective on coyotes for a fraction of the price.

If you had to do it over would you skip the Halo LR and just buy a Super Hogster?

Since my budget allows the Halo, no. I’m a precision oriented kinda guy (in everything) so I’ll take any benefit I can.

I ordered one of each. Super Hogster shows up tomorrow. Halo LR they is 4 weeks out.

I have both, the Super Hogster and The Halo LR. You wont go wrong with either, is the picture better in the Halo? Yes,
Is it 2 and a half times better? no way.. The picture in the super Hogster is very impressive.
I love them both but for the price I really don't think you can beat the Super Hogster..

I have both, the Super Hogster and The Halo LR. You wont go wrong with either, is the picture better in the Halo? Yes,
Is it 2 and a half times better? no way.. The picture in the super Hogster is very impressive.
I love them both but for the price I really don't think you can beat the Super Hogster..

Awesome. And thank you for the confidence vote.

Super Hogster going on a 12.5" SLR .308 with a Silencerco Chimera I just knocked out.

Attachments

• signal-2020-11-23-104126.jpeg
    signal-2020-11-23-104126.jpeg
    849.3 KB · Views: 48