• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thermal/NV recommendation for spotting game??

Texaslongshot

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2018
What would be your recommendation for a helmet mounted setup either thermal or NV for spotting game. I have a thermal scope but often feel like i could see much more if i had a helmet mounted setup to drive around with or walk with as opposed to holding my gun up the entire time. Budget less than 10 K

What would be your recommendation for a helmet mounted setup either thermal or NV for spotting game. I have a thermal scope but often feel like i could see much more if i had a helmet mounted setup to drive around with or walk with as opposed to holding my gun up the entire time. Budget less than 10 K

I have a NOX 18 that replaced a Breach and can’t think of anything thermal I would rather have for head mounted applications. At least not without paying double for a Skeetir. And well within your price range.

I have a nox18 as well and it's excellent. Not as light as a breach or iray25 but it's not bad if you take off the weapon mount and run a cr123 as backup to plug power. It's also an excellent weapon sight imo but obviously not for long range applications.