• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Thermal Radar and drones?

walt willis

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
ID
How can you avoid detection from the high technology of todays modern battlefield? Oath keepers have posted a video of a way to buy or build your anti thermal poncho, but not any way to hide from radar observation drones. Bo Grits said marbles may be used to defeat radar, but how can you do that?

Oath keepers have posted a video of a way to buy or build your anti thermal poncho, but not any way to hide from radar observation drones.
You think that group holds water after all their hype about first shot? The first shot was when LaVoy Finicum was murdered in cold blood and to date they have done what?
I used to be a member until it dawned on me they were just garnering a roundup/watch list for down the road. I can get on a list w/o paying them or their help, thank you very much. Why don't you dig into them an see how many join up, then after a few months reading/being on their forum/s, drop out rather abruptly.

Insulation bro. But its not going to matter to a trained observer, you will be an anomaly, and then whoever is observing you will conduct a further investigation, probably switching to other optics. You wont be "white hot" but you will still be an abnormal shape that will most likely have lines perpendicular to the vegetation/terrain.

Insulation bro. But its not going to matter to a trained observer, you will be an anomaly, and then whoever is observing you will conduct a further investigation, probably switching to other optics. You wont be "white hot" but you will still be an abnormal shape that will most likely have lines perpendicular to the vegetation/terrain.

This is true and the better way is to stay under the radar. The new technology out there is highly dangerous to the grunts and the only way to avoid being shot may be not to play soldier.

This is true and the better way is to stay under the radar. The new technology out there is highly dangerous to the grunts and the only way to avoid being shot may be not to play soldier.

So he answered your question and you say that is true? What is this, paranoia quiz time?

Haha. I've already had my argument for the month over what the military needs to do in the future.

Arnold just rolled in mud to defeat the Predator. I've been operating with that technique for years now with great success.

There's something out there.... And it ain't no man...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reactions: camocorvette
As a UAV/Drone operator, I will set your mind at ease, there is no such thing as a Human tracking radar system.....or thermal radar..Flir yes, but you need to be very very important for me to be over head watching you. And if I'm there that means there is at least one to three other people on the ground watching you

To more of less answer your question, you can't outsmart today's technology. There's a reason the military spends almost one trillion dollars a year.

Reactions: camocorvette
To more of less answer your question, you can't outsmart today's technology. There's a reason the military spends almost one trillion dollars a year.

I must respectfully disagree. Our military has been bested by cave-dwelling guerrillas on multiple occasions. The new watchword is 4th Generation Warfare.

Thermals are not nearly as capable as people think they are. In fog, cloud cover, and especially under a canopy of vegetation, they become exponentially worse. My colleagues and I have personally defeated vehicle and aircraft mounted thermal systems in training environments. We were very fearful of them going into the exercises, but found that they were a paper tiger.

The radar question is one I am researching right now. Its detection method is different on a fundamental level, so the things that work for thermals may or may not for radar.

The one I am talking about uses the doppler effect. I saw a video on it, but can't find it now. This was a drone-mounted system which could then overlay that data onto city maps and such.

Reactions: ROT
Hi,

This system uses a doppler and thermal system in combination to detect stationery and moving objects. It can detect a crawling person from something like 3 miles away.

IB21.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

The one I am talking about uses the doppler effect. I saw a video on it, but can't find it now. This was a drone-mounted system which could then overlay that data onto city maps and such.
The Doppler shift does not exist in themal signatures. Whatever you're talking about must be a fusion of radar and thermal sensors.

Reactions: ROT
Hi,

This system uses a doppler and thermal system in combination to detect stationery and moving objects. It can detect a crawling person from something like 3 miles away.

View attachment 6957611

Sincerely,
Theis
Decoy swarm it while the attacker slips on by

Toss some white phosphorous or a barrage of flares in its direction, overwhelm its IR sensors

Hit the lenses and/or radar emitters with small arms fire

Drone kamikaze with explosives (cheap guided missiles)

Reactions: DeftSystems
As a UAV/Drone operator, I will set your mind at ease, there is no such thing as a Human tracking radar system.....or thermal radar..Flir yes, but you need to be very very important for me to be over head watching you. And if I'm there that means there is at least one to three other people on the ground watching you
I am just a simple civilian, I have seen product video of "person detecting" ground radar from ASELSAN, similar to ?LABAR? chronometer to measure bullet velocity; If it is possıble to detect and measure speed of a bullet in 100 meters ... you reach your own conclusion

I am just a simple civilian, I have seen product video of "person detecting" ground radar from ASELSAN, similar to ?LABAR? chronometer to measure bullet velocity; If it is possıble to detect and measure speed of a bullet in 100 meters ... you reach your own conclusion
Dude, doppler radar isn't rocket science or new. Police have been using it to measure vehicle speeds on the roads since the 70s......

Do they not teach physics and critical thinking in schools any more?

Reactions: Nik H
Dude, doppler radar isn't rocket science or new. Police have been using it to measure vehicle speeds on the roads since the 70s......

Do they not teach physics and critical thinking in schools any more?

Sergant, you are correct, It is not rocket since; jut about 5 - 10 million lines of computer code runing in real time doing a long range MRI of up to few moving houndred objets keep track of them on the map and providing 3 dimensional representation of each object .

Sergant, you are correct, It is not rocket since; jut about 5 - 10 million lines of computer code runing in real time doing a long range MRI of up to few moving houndred objets keep track of them on the map and providing 3 dimensional representation of each object .
Then why compare it to something as simple as Labradar?

Exposed barrel of AR after 20 rounds semi

IMG_0855.JPG

Barrel covered by one layer of cheap space blanket.

IMG_0888.JPG

Get a couple of these space blankets and play around, check for your self.

5-10 million lines of code...what kind of code would that be?

Long range MRI...do tell please??

Very interested

Our military has been bested by cave-dwelling guerrillas on multiple occasions.

I would disagree, the "Cave Dwelers" in Vietnam were wiped out during the Tet Offensive. After that the North had to send many 10's of thousands of regular Army troops to get slaughtered in the South before the American Public lost heart. Not having a viable political/government partner in the South did us in. Yes the Guerrillas pulled of some surprises here and there and won a few battles but "militarily" getting wiped out means you lost on the battlefield. I do not see that as besting our troops. To assume your enemy is going to roll over and give way easily only applies to the French in a couple of spectacular examples.

Reactions: camotoe
I would disagree, the "Cave Dwelers" in Vietnam were wiped out during the Tet Offensive. After that the North had to send many 10's of thousands of regular Army troops to get slaughtered in the South before the American Public lost heart. Not having a viable political/government partner in the South did us in. Yes the Guerrillas pulled of some surprises here and there and won a few battles but "militarily" getting wiped out means you lost on the battlefield. I do not see that as besting our troops. To assume your enemy is going to roll over and give way easily only applies to the French in a couple of spectacular examples.

I respectfully disagree.

The French are fine fighters. They fought hard for 6 weeks against the Wehrmacht. The French generals employed an outdated strategy which led to their defeat.

While Tet was a military stalemate, it was really the beginning of the end for the US in Vietnam. As you correctly point out, the American public lost heart. It's not necessary to wipe out a military to win a war. I went to Afg and Iraq multiple times each. Believe me, it's a bitter pill to swallow that we will certainly lose those countries, just as soon as we are no longer propping them up. Their 1975 moment is coming.

Guerrillas win by successfully employing a Fabian strategy. It works. We spend $700+ billion per year on "defense," and we aren't that great. Our ability to beat up on somebody in a set-piece battle just doesn't matter much. Abroad, insurgents know that we will lose heart and leave eventually. Potential allies know this too. At home, our country is currently being over-run by an invading army that has no intention of ever leaving.

To tie this back to the original topic, battlefield tech is rarely decisive at the strategic level, and often is not decisive tactically either. Most complicated technology has a low-tech defeat.

While Tet was a military stalemate,
How is it a stalemate when the Viet Song were destroyed as a fighting force and they never held ground, talking militarily and on the battlefield US forces soundly defeated any indigenous S Vietnam insurgency. From Tet on the war was with NVA regular infantry troops. The North could send their son's and daughter's to get killed wholesale with no repercussions and we had no viable partner in S Vietnam. Same Same in SE Asia no viable local governmental/political partner and sufficient source of jihadis willing to get killed.

How is it a stalemate when the Viet Song were destroyed as a fighting force and they never held ground, talking militarily and on the battlefield US forces soundly defeated any indigenous S Vietnam insurgency. From Tet on the war was with NVA regular infantry troops. The North could send their son's and daughter's to get killed wholesale with no repercussions and we had no viable partner in S Vietnam. Same Same in SE Asia no viable local governmental/political partner and sufficient source of jihadis willing to get killed.

I just meant stalemate in that we didn't gain any ground, other that ground we were supposed to control anyway. Tactically, you are correct that our guys gave the VC a beating.

This is OT; however, Tet was a tactical victory for the US and a strategic one for N.Vietnam.
Or in other words, a Pyrrhic victory for the US.

But I would argue only because of Walter Cronkite.

5-10 million lines of code...what kind of code would that be?

Long range MRI...do tell please??

Very interested
I have attached some info beloow; I can only guess it could be c-code and java???

Then why compare it to something as simple as Labradar?
The basic tecnology is the same, I think. I have added some links beloow. You could decide yourself, to me it is smartar Labradar on bulked up version imo

The basic tecnology is the same, I think. I have added some links beloow. You could decide yourself, to me it is smartar Labradar on bulked up version imo

I don't care that much, to be honest

Best thing to avoid detection of what you are talking about is to put some earth between you and the observer. Of course, you’d need to somehow know where your observer was. As someone else mentioned, not making yourself a target to begin with is most advised lol. Space blankets can work especially, if you can keep them away from or off of your body, but even then they start to pick up heat over time. If you could dig a ditch and suspend a space blanket over you then you can get some cooling of a signature, for a time. I think the OPs original question is really more about how to get away from one rather than simply hiding from one. If you got aerial trackers coupled with dogs and peeps on the ground, you are pretty screwed. Lmao. Not impossible by no means but your job got a lot harder. Running from one and avoiding detection for a couple minutes is two entirely different things.

Reactions: DeftSystems
Me and a few buddies hunt all the time with thermals. What we have found is that insulating your skin and immediate clothing with an outer garment (Such as one of those cheap, very thick ghillie suits) works excellent in blocking your heat signature. Thermal imaging cant see through things. So the long thick fibers block the line of sight of the lens. And the fibers also act as a giant (Heat Sink) and dissipate heat.

Of course, sitting in an open field doesnt work. You have to combine what I typed with hiding in thick brush, leaves, or go underwater lolol. Thermal cant look into water either.

Hell, I thought drones were just toys and nothing serious. But after reading this thread, I realized that I was very wrong, hahah

There's some technology out there that is so advanced, and classified, by the time the average person hears about it, it's already obsolete.

Reference the AN/ASQ-236 pod for capabilities that we know exist.

Hell, I thought drones were just toys and nothing serious. But after reading this thread, I realized that I was very wrong, hahah
When I read the topic, I thought that it could make a great action movie. I have two drones that I have carefully selected on https://buyersimpact.co.uk/ to have a good time and take pictures of cool landscapes, actually, I'm just having fun with my brother, racing around the lake near my house, but as it turned out, you had to choose drones that can transform into fckng tanks, hahaha. Are drones so relevant in our time in military sphere? If someone had told me 10 years ago that some mechanical flies with 4 blades would be used as emergency units, I would have told that person to fuck off, but now..hahaha