• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Thermal Rifle Optic Recommendation

Feniks Technologies

Premium Ammunition and Loading Supplies
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2021
South Texas
As many are aware, we are very close to making the first shipment of rifles to customers.

As this starts to happen, we'll have some more time available where we can start putting together demos and such of our system/s in action. With the rising popularity of thermal/night hunting, we definitely want to be in that space. There's an overabundance of hogs and coyotes in the area needing some attention.

So, here's a general list of preferences, and we would love to hear your recommendations:

- Excellent video quality. Be it internal or an external dvr needed, doesn't matter much. Just needs to be great for video
- The most range possible. We have the opportunity for relatively longer shots. And will have a raptar or radius on board for ranging. So, doesn't need an LRF as a requirement
- Able to handle recoil of a minimum of a .338. Its overkill, but our rifles shoot large hunks of lead and copper.....just how it goes.
- $5k (ish) price range. Not gonna sweat it if it's a few more bucks, but not looking on spending 5 figures at the moment.

The Pulsar Thermion looked to be a fairly decent option for the above requirements, but you guys are far more knowledgeable in this than we are. So, lets hear it...

Thanks!!

Clip on or dedicated?

Edit- clip on would probably make more sense for demo rifles used day and night. If you could find a hookup on an INOD you'd never want anything else. You'd get people even more interested in the rifle system if they could shoot it with an INOD.

Clip on or dedicated?

Edit- clip on would probably make more sense for demo rifles used day and night. If you could find a hookup on an INOD you'd never want anything else. You'd get people even more interested in the rifle system if they could shoot it with an INOD.

Open to either.

Sorry chief but you are asking for a $10k thermal for half the price. 338 LM rating isn't found in the $5k price range, even if you buy 100 of them. If you are willing to come off of that requirement Steiner has clip on and scope options that would satisfy everything else including the price range.

The Super Yoter C is rated for bigger calibers including 30-06 Spring Mag., .300 H&H, .375 H&H. This is per Bering's specs and they typically under-promise and over-deliver. Lots of good videos around of the Yoter C, but like most thermal clip-ons, will work best on lower power optics like LPVO's, etc. According to this table, the .375 H&H and 338 LM may be close but really depends on loads.

I have asked Steiner about clarification of the caliber rating for the C35 and S35, there are no production models of the C35 currently in the US so I can't give my stamp of approval.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
And currently there are no plans for it, with the advancement of the microprocessor there isn't really a need for the massive object germanium lenses anymore, especially considering they are the most expensive part on the thermal scope.

I personally own a yoter-c (640 version) and am waiting for the steiner c35 to do a comparison.

Looking forward to that. I'm all for a better image and don't understand the design mechanics of these optics but the form factor of the Yoter C seems to be nice. I'd prefer a larger objective than smaller but maybe that's me thinking day and night scopes function exactly the same

Excepting your budget constraint, this critter calls out to your other goals and is a solid match, being a REAL long distance thermal clipon, capable of nailing 12" steel night or day, hot or cold, rain or shine, out to 900yds, if you can get the hit in the day. And 50BMG rated. For what we can buy today, I'd be going this way ...

49550703158_2935cac4cf_h.jpg

My LWTS-LR on bolt gun in front of NF ATACR 4-16x

No adjustments required or possible. Its prism collimated, mount and shoot, rifle after rifle, no POI shift.

Happy Holidays !! :D