• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thermal scope recommendation

Mustard

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2023
Washington
Hello everyone! I’m looking to do some rodent control and I’m hoping for some thermal scope recommendations. We have lots of field mice and we’ll probably be doing 99% of shooting 50 yards or less. Shooting will be done from the back porch into an open sparse hay field. I’m open to considering a night vision scope/thermal scanner combo vs just a thermal scope, or if I’m missing a better option for my purposes I’d be happy to hear it. Trying to keep this around or under 3k, but I do have some flexibility there. Hoping to have some reasonable resolution to see the little buggers. I’m really not sure what an “appropriate” magnification is for close range tiny game. It'll be going on an air rifle. This question felt a lot less strange when it was in my head.

We just received another delivery of heavily discounted refurbished Pulsar Thermals. Take a look, we think you'll be glad you did. All Pulsar refurbs come complete and with a 1 year warranty. Please feel free to give a call, 516-217-1000, to discuss which is best for your use.

Reactions: Mustard
We just received another delivery of heavily discounted refurbished Pulsar Thermals. Take a look, we think you'll be glad you did. All Pulsar refurbs come complete and with a 1 year warranty. Please feel free to give a call, 516-217-1000, to discuss which is best for your use.
Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered the Thermion 2 LRF XP50 pro from there :)

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
For mice at less than 50yrds I'd use a PCP airgun with a sightmark mini wraith thermal or nightvison fairly inexpensive and fine for your intended use , and a great way to get your feet wet in the thermal game for under 2k.

Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered the Thermion 2 LRF XP50 pro from there :)
Hand warmers and/or metal HVAC tape are great to use to sight in the thermal scope.

Hello everyone! I’m looking to do some rodent control and I’m hoping for some thermal scope recommendations. We have lots of field mice and we’ll probably be doing 99% of shooting 50 yards or less. Shooting will be done from the back porch into an open sparse hay field. I’m open to considering a night vision scope/thermal scanner combo vs just a thermal scope, or if I’m missing a better option for my purposes I’d be happy to hear it. Trying to keep this around or under 3k, but I do have some flexibility there. Hoping to have some reasonable resolution to see the little buggers. I’m really not sure what an “appropriate” magnification is for close range tiny game. It'll be going on an air rifle. This question felt a lot less strange when it was in my head.
I'm fixing to order an AMG Rattler TS50-640, which is about $3,800-4K, but for your needs, you probably don't need that much scope. You could get away with a TS35-640, which would be in your price range. And you can order them on Amazon. 👍🏼

AMG Rattler TS35-640