• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Thermals and Hogs

:X2:

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Lipscomb, Texas
Is this cheating???? LOL

pig-2.jpg

pig-1.jpg

Re: Thermals and Hogs

cheating as in bring all the technolgy that you can afford to a fight - isn't that what the U.S. does. Don't remember the Taliban having any Apache support
grin.gif

I say bring all you can to the woods as long as you can carry it.

If it is cheating, cheating=fun and good eating.

Hunting feral hogs with nightvision and suppressors is perfectly legal in Texas. They're not game animals, but you do still need a hunting license.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B_Town75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, I'm jealous!!! Looks like fun! </div></div>

Ya man its a blast.....Iv been shooting hogs around here for the last 6 years or so and this is the only way to go. The time out before this one, we had a group of about 40 come out of the circle and made a really good dent in them.

X2, I have a ranch with a hog problem. I was wondering if you could give me some insight on the thermal scopes you use. I always thought the thermal scopes were for only LEO/MIL. If I could purchase a thermal scope it would help a bunch in thinning out these hogs. I am not active LEO or MIL, just a civilian.

Thanks,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308crosshairs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
X2, I have a ranch with a hog problem. I was wondering if you could give me some insight on the thermal scopes you use. I always thought the thermal scopes were for only LEO/MIL. If I could purchase a thermal scope it would help a bunch in thinning out these hogs. I am not active LEO or MIL, just a civilian.

Thanks, </div></div>

PM sent

X2 what kind of set-ups are you using I am getting overrun with them at the lease. Have looked a bit but not sure which direction to go and experience is always a good option.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGood.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">X2 what kind of set-ups are you using I am getting overrun with them at the lease. Have looked a bit but not sure which direction to go and experience is always a good option.

Thanks</div></div>

PM sent

Any of you Texas guys need help thinning out your hog populations PM me. I'd make the drive to come help out.

Wow thats damn near a whole platoon. Man Id say that got some toys. Theres no tellin how much money is wrapped up between them all. Im jealous. Looks like alot of fun.

It is unbelieveable how fast these things reproduce. Someone has got to thin them out. Might as well be you boys.

I'm sure everybody would like to know what set up your using especially the scopes and night vision and what cal. ar's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scrow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure everybody would like to know what set up your using especially the scopes and night vision and what cal. ar's </div></div>

Ditto that ...... "PM sent"

If you could post some of the info here that would be great, Im curious about that as well ....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Methinks those are active duty boys with "work toys".... </div></div>

yep, nobody caught the blurred out faces??? Im pretty sure those are AD guys with issue toys

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Methinks those are active duty boys with "work toys".... </div></div>

yep, nobody caught the blurred out faces??? Im pretty sure those are AD guys with issue toys </div></div>

It was more the weapon systems and how three of them are wearing the same jacket....

yeah i know BJ, looks like i see a couple Mk11s or M110s, maybe a M24 Mod whatever a Mk12 or SAM-R

I've seen thermals that are all about $10K and up, are there any others out there that are a bit more reasonably priced? What currently is the best NV for the money brand these days? Thanks in advance!

clip-on thermal? anybody got a through the scope picture?
i guess i'll have to start mowing yards on the side.

Here is the thermal system I use. It costs as much as a PVS14 ($3400) and in my mind, its a lot better. I use the PVS14 for taking the shot, and the thermal for finding the targets. It works great!

Unlike a thermal scope (which is a PIA to hold up to your head for general surveillance) this one allows you to sit back, watch the screen, and only hold the gun up when you take the shot. This also has a much wider field of view than a hand held. You can also use this system in your car for driving at night.

Send me a PM if you want more information on these systems.
opplanet-flir-pathfinder-w-le-kit-02.jpg

Here is a video of a deer we chased off on the FLIR system. Its incredible watching hogs run up a tree line chasing the deer off the feeder. I hope to get some hog video next time, but when I see them, I usually grab the gun, not the video camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUd9x1XqOxw

Well it's not exactly bowhunting with a traditional bow and homemade arrows.

But sure looks like a hell of alot of fun!