• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Thermals - Anything new

2brothers641

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 21, 2008
IA, USA
Looking to get a thermal in the near future and was curious if anything new is out or on the horizon in the near future. I've been looking hard at the AGM Rattler. I plan on mounting it on AR rifles only, .22lr, .223, etc for varmint control. All shots within 100 yds, with most 10-30. I would like to stay in the $1k - $1.5 range. As fast as the new technology is being developed and the mfg competition increases, I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything new. Thanks for any feedback.

I’ve used an AGM rattler a good bit on a Shaw barreled 223 Wylde upper purely for night hunting. It’s perfect for what you’re looking to do. I’ve killed yotes out to about 250 with it. About as far as you can positively ID. Anything within 150 is clear as day.

I see AGM has now increased their warranty to 5 years on products with 384+ sensor. The thermal game is changing quickly.

Anyone know anything about the GuideIR?
Specs look good for the money.

Anyone know anything about the GuideIR?
Specs look good for the money.

$3500 for a 400x300 resolution.

No thanks.

$3500 for a 400x300 resolution.

No thanks.
Horta, here is the one that is a really great deal. :LOL: A mere $39,000. :LOL:

Reactions: TheHorta
Armasight looks like it is about to release some new units in both 320 and 640. May is what their websight says for release.

Reactions: WhereNow&How