• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Thermion 2 LRF XL50 - 1024 HD Thermal Riflescope

Night Vision Viking

Distance & Darkness is an illusion
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2020
Europe
www.youtube.com
For the past month or so (perhaps longer), I've hade the pleasure to play around with the new Pulsar Thermion 2 LRF XL50. It's their first 1024x768 HD Thermal Riflescope.

It uses a Lynred sensor. The same as the Merger XL50, but IMO the image is a bit better (subjective) in the Thermion 2.

Magnification: 1.75-14x Great to have all that FOV!

There's an LRF with a ballistic app. Works really well, I used a Blaser with 300 WinMag, and well, it just works.

There's a also a BT remote control which may seem useless, but place it close to the trigger guard and you can play around with all the functions with your finger.

I have quite a few videos and images.

Attachments

• XL50 Thermion 2 LRF - Pulsar - Review - 2023-5.jpg
    XL50 Thermion 2 LRF - Pulsar - Review - 2023-5.jpg
    444.8 KB · Views: 353
  • XL50 Thermion 2 LRF - Pulsar - Review - 2023-25.PNG
    XL50 Thermion 2 LRF - Pulsar - Review - 2023-25.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 301
  • XL50 Thermion 2 LRF - Pulsar - Review - 2023-28.PNG
    XL50 Thermion 2 LRF - Pulsar - Review - 2023-28.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 268
  • XL50 Thermion 2 LRF - Pulsar - Review - 2023-37.PNG
    XL50 Thermion 2 LRF - Pulsar - Review - 2023-37.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 311
Video showing the LRF + App with MRADs. Note the red cross for aiming (wind you decide).

This is from a wildlife park, no firearm attached. Involves moose family and mouflon sheep.

Reactions: Slides
Labradar zeroing at 100 yards. Moose and overview of the area from the video above.

Note HD logotyp and yes, I know, the XL50 turret is upsidedown.

Attachments

• REVIEW-Pulsar-Thermion2-XL50-HD-Thermal-TFB-5.jpg
    REVIEW-Pulsar-Thermion2-XL50-HD-Thermal-TFB-5.jpg
    638.6 KB · Views: 139
  • REVIEW-Pulsar-Thermion2-XL50-HD-Thermal-TFB-6.jpg
    REVIEW-Pulsar-Thermion2-XL50-HD-Thermal-TFB-6.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 159
  • REVIEW-Pulsar-Thermion2-XL50-HD-Thermal-TFB-12.jpg
    REVIEW-Pulsar-Thermion2-XL50-HD-Thermal-TFB-12.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 143
  • REVIEW-Pulsar-Thermion2-XL50-HD-Thermal-TFB-17.jpg
    REVIEW-Pulsar-Thermion2-XL50-HD-Thermal-TFB-17.jpg
    813.6 KB · Views: 131
Availability - I saw a US dealer on Facebook saying they had 15 pcs incoming in the next 2 weeks.

Note - I do not sell ANYTHING, but I know the question is going to drop.

Very cool. I see they got the refresh rate to 50hz which I wasn't expecting.
Are they going to beat the 17K price of the other one?

I dunno. The base mag at 1.75 means that at 3.5X the res will be 512x384 whereas the XG50 at 3X is 640x480. It seams like it would make more sense having a base mag of 3X but I think it might be beyond anybodies capabilities at this time.
I guess the best use is for shorter range pig hunting at the base mag with the accompanied wide field of view.
But still, this is a big jump in the industry and it's only going to get better.

Reactions: Kino
I dunno. The base mag at 1.75 means that at 3.5X the res will be 512x384 whereas the XG50 at 3X is 640x480. It seams like it would make more sense having a base mag of 3X but I think it might be beyond anybodies capabilities at this time.
I guess the best use is for shorter range pig hunting at the base mag with the accompanied wide field of view.
But still, this is a big jump in the industry and it's only going to get better.

That is EXACTLY my main gripe! Why in the heck would they only make a small base mag scope?? Maybe the technology just ain't there yet.

I get that the FOV would be bigger with lower base mag and more suitable for spot and stalk hog hunters but there are a SHITLOAD of us that don't hunt hogs and shoot much longer distance that NEED more base mag!!

Other than the lack of base mag, everything about it blows the Chyna Iray POS out of the water, EVERYTHING!

That is EXACTLY my main gripe! Why in the heck would they only make a small base mag scope?? Maybe the technology just ain't there yet.

I get that the FOV would be bigger with lower base mag and more suitable for spot and stalk hog hunters but there are a SHITLOAD of us that don't hunt hogs and shoot much longer distance that NEED more base mag!!

Other than the lack of base mag, everything about it blows the Chyna Iray POS out of the water, EVERYTHING!

I'd imagine it's because the most significant market is 50 - 200 yards shots where high FOV is preferred. One would assume they will build higher base mags units as the market demands.

Reactions: Mordamer
I watched a video of Legacy Outdoor gear talking with a Pulsar guy and he said the low base mag is because a higher base mag would require a much larger objective and they wanted to keep it looking like every other Pulsar. The front lens is the most expensive part of thermals so maybe that is how they kept the price down.

I've got one that I will let somebody have for a really good deal. Not really the tool I need for the job.