• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

They are going to end up shutting this place down aren't they?

BuildingConceptsllc

Don't Start None, won't be none.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2020
    Alabama
    I can't believe how bad this attack or new system as a result of the attacks or whatever is going on, really is. If this keeps up much longer, they are going to effectively "win" , because people are going to stop trying to use the site.

I'm so ignorant to tech and web stuff, that I can't even type out what I want to say about it, but it seems like there would be a way to address this without the site constantly being unusable. I can't imagine the frustration Frank must be dealing with, knowing how frustrating it is just trying to use the site. I thought it would get better at some point, but it just hasn't. I sure hope some smart tech person can "fix" this mess and soon. This is such a great place for guys like us. I can't believe this b.s. "DDOS attack" ( ? ) is working so well.

We go underground, totally analog. Have the moderators make a weekly flyer they snail mail. We write in our responses to topics, moderators then print them in the next weekly issue.
    So, pretty much the same speed we are currently at then ?

Long as it has to. I'm sure it's a much bigger headache for Frank than us. Other than the occasional resource error it hasn't affected my life a whole lot.

I'm sorry your summer is ruined.
    I didn't say that or elude to that.... It's got to be beyond frustrating for Frank. Maybe it isnt as bad at other times and I've just experienced it at times when its worse than normal? Anywho, I sure hope it can get fixed.

How much are people on here that it’s actually affecting their experience? When I get the message I just go on about my day and try later and it works then. I can’t imagine not being able to get on here for a 5-10 min period or whatever it is would make someone stop using the site lol.

How much are people on here that it’s actually affecting their experience? When I get the message I just go on about my day and try later and it works then. I can’t imagine not being able to get on here for a 5-10 min period or whatever it is would make someone stop using the site lol.
    that-part-and-you-right.gif

One of the entertainment software products I worked on had a random crash bug for a week. Surprisingly, people spent more time on average using the product in the broken state compared to when it was working correctly.

Yep, when my LT starts acting up, I just bomb out, go have a smoke, scratch my ass, stop by the fridge, log back in and all is right with the World (well, not everything). Mac;)

I’m on here quite a bit and really compared to work world tech issues this site runs great even during this last batch of attacks. I’m just thankful Frank is spending the money and resources to keep it up. Every time you install new software expect some glitches while the nerds are working on it.

Seems like the preventative measures are working pretty well. Sure, I get bumped off periodically, but I don’t have to wait for hours to get back on like I used to. Usually 60, maybe 90 seconds. No big deal, I think Frank/Mods/IT Folks are winning……… ;)

Reactions: DIBBS
    I'm old enough to remember "life before the Internet".... There was a little paper that was called "The Weekly Reader".... Next up was the "Mad Magazine"..... Of course there was always a daily newspaper with the "Letters to the Editor" that we always discussed... There was always a dog eared Sears catalog that was marked up with out "Christmas Wish List"...
    We were taught 'Readin', writin' and "rithmatic" in school....

BuildingConceptsll too bad you missed those days. Americans built a wonderful country without an Internet.

I'm old enough to remember "life before the Internet".... There was a little paper that was called "The Weekly Reader".... Next up was the "Mad Magazine"..... Of course there was always a daily newspaper with the "Letters to the Editor" that we always discussed... There was always a dog eared Sears catalog that was marked up with out "Christmas Wish List"...

BuildingConceptsll too bad you missed those days. Americans built a wonderful country without an Internet.

I actually am familiar with those days. I was a kid , but I do remember all of that. It was nice too. AOL was a thing when I was maybe just going into high school or something like that, so I'm pretty much the last generation that remembers Sears catalog and such as that.

But that would require teaching kids to read and actually write.

They may need to know math to figure the postage costs on these "letters".

Say it aint so....

1628762027977.png

How I remember my teacher saying "Get out your Warriners"

I can't believe how bad this attack or new system as a result of the attacks or whatever is going on, really is. If this keeps up much longer, they are going to effectively "win" , because people are going to stop trying to use the site.

I'm so ignorant to tech and web stuff, that I can't even type out what I want to say about it, but it seems like there would be a way to address this without the site constantly being unusable. I can't imagine the frustration Frank must be dealing with, knowing how frustrating it is just trying to use the site. I thought it would get better at some point, but it just hasn't. I sure hope some smart tech person can "fix" this mess and soon. This is such a great place for guys like us. I can't believe this b.s. "DDOS attack" ( ? ) is working so well.
    Don’t be such a damn pussy

Don’t be such a damn pussy
    Eh....... It's pretty aggravating , but it's actually been a lot better since I made that post. It still delays, but at least the page loads. Maybe what I was experiencing was crappy service all day plus the "checking server" thing, and it made it seem like the site was unusable.

Eh....... It's pretty aggravating , but it's actually been a lot better since I made that post. It still delays, but at least the page loads. Maybe what I was experiencing was crappy service all day plus the "checking server" thing, and it made it seem like the site was unusable.
    You are still a goddamned pussy, quit bitching

My mom started me on the Weekly reader when I was five (1961). Pre-school was for rich kids.

But that would require teaching kids to read and actually write.

They may need to know math to figure the postage costs on these "letters".

Say it aint so....

View attachment 7683743

How I remember my teacher saying "Get out your Warriners"
    Remember diagramming sentences? And try to imagine diagramming one of bidens?! I don't believe cursive writing is even taught any more. lost 'art'. always appreciate beautiful handwriting, since mine is embarrssing.

It's just a discussion about how these little twits are using Sucker- berges money to attack and how effective it's been, which I'm surprised at. I think you are taking this whole thing a little too serious pal.
    I agree. It gets a little aggravating. Seems like I can't get on a lot. When I do, it stops working. I could see some people taking a hiatus. I would think traffic is an important part of the site. I don't see anything wrong with your post, hopefully it motivates people not to give up on it.

I reckon you youngsters dont remember this'un.

Shotgun News - Magazine Subscription

magazine-subscriptions.edigg.com › Shotgun_News_Magazine
    Magazine Description: Features include new products, the latest industry news, legislative activities and articles of interest for the avid collector of firearms. Try Shotgun News - Risk Free! We want our customers to shop at eDigg.com with confidence!
    • Cover Price: $142.20
    • Our Price: $28.95 ($0.80/issue)

And Victoria's secrets

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
    No, “they” won’t.

Because these colors don’t run! View attachment 7683747
    View attachment 7683754View attachment 7683751View attachment 7683749View attachment 7683748View attachment 7683750View attachment 7683753View attachment 7683755View attachment 7683752View attachment 7683756

Every time “they” attack SH, we learn “their” evil and it hardens our resolve that we will not go quietly into the night. “They” are just making Americans stronger and uniting us.

Sirhr
    Fuck yea

I’m on here quite a bit and really compared to work world tech issues this site runs great even during this last batch of attacks. I’m just thankful Frank is spending the money and resources to keep it up. Every time you install new software expect some glitches while the nerds are working on it.
    Very logical statement Spock. I'd also encourage people to donate to the kitty.

I reckon you youngsters dont remember this'un.

Shotgun News - Magazine Subscription

magazine-subscriptions.edigg.com › Shotgun_News_Magazine
    Magazine Description: Features include new products, the latest industry news, legislative activities and articles of interest for the avid collector of firearms. Try Shotgun News - Risk Free! We want our customers to shop at eDigg.com with confidence!
    • Cover Price: $142.20
    • Our Price: $28.95 ($0.80/issue)
    Don’t forget Gunlist!

Reactions: Maggot and Duc
    I'm not sure that the "they" who are currently attempting the DDOS attacks are the same "they" that will eventually be successful at closing this forum.

In a completely unrelated sidenote, Google took down Vox Day's blog last night. That's the first time I've seen a blog hosted on Blogspot get wacked (as opposed to WordPress, which was doing this before Facebook and Twitter made censorship cool again).

Fun times ahead for any site that allows anything but the official narrative to be discussed.

Can’t give up that easily. LL is paying and working on keeping it going, the least we can do is not get dismayed and act like quitters. Take our licks and keep going. If its a hassle then we will have to just deal. It may be annoying on our end, but its gotta be a nightmare on LL end.

they wouldn’t be attacking us if it wasn’t worth it.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
    Cloudflare seems to be working pretty well (I suppose in a perfect world, it would catch all of the attacks and there would be no impact on the Hide.....in a perfect world).

If I get delays, I just shut down the tab, open a new instance, Cloudflare pops up, does it's thing, I proceed to surf the Hide, no biggie.

Look at it this way. The people doing the attacks are having to put a lot more work into it and that's gotta be getting old. I'm not saying they'll ever go away, but they probably are getting pretty tired.

Remember diagramming sentences? And try to imagine diagramming one of bidens?! I don't believe cursive writing is even taught any more. lost 'art'. always appreciate beautiful handwriting, since mine is embarrssing.

The Hide actually has a penmanship post.....not many Marines in it but fun all the same....

The Hide actually has a penmanship post.....not many Marines in it but fun all the same....

Crayonmanship counts too.

Sirhr