• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

They Finally Got Up the Balls to Arrest the Hockey KickBoxer

Played AA-level beer league and enjoyed the occasional NHL player off season drop-in. A lot of weight/ kinetic energy moving at high rates of speed. The video wasn't the best but it looked like his skate MAY have clipped the skate of an opposing player as he was moving in and rotating for a cross-ice rock your world hip check on the puck carrier. I can fathom an out of control spin-out as a consequence. What I can't embrace is anyone that would knowingly lead with their skate blade at that speed, with that force, at someone's body, much less an unprotected vital area i.e., the players neck. Seen a lot of dirty plays/players, knees trashed, jaws, wrists, forearms, fingers, ribs, necks fractured, concussions, etc., this is a different level. Having said all that, my inner cynic sadly says in today's world, anything's possible.

I must've replayed that vid like 100x when it first came out. It didn't look deliberate, but makes you wonder given the very nature of hockey how something like that has never happened before.

Absent a prior history, and at that level there's plenty to review, not even sure of invol. manslaughter. Had a player take a blade to his forearm between the glove and elbow pad in a tangle in front of our bench. Sliced clean, full thickness down to radius/ulna with all the tendons, nerves and vessels severed. Looked like a cross-section from an anatomy book. Guy was sitting there stunned, bleeding out. Crazy play in a risky past-time.

I have offiated thousands of games up to major junior, including national championship level games. He doesn't look like he was trying to kick the guy in the head, but it does look like he was trying to make himself wide so as not to miss his intended hit and that brought his momentum up and into the guy that ultimately died. Intended, I don't think so, but certainly terrible unintended consequences.
I have seen some terrible skate injuries. I know two guys that lost eyes to sticks, one skate blade crush injury to the nose and two very serious lower arms cuts that required emergency surgery. I held one kid's arm until paramedics arrived or he would have bled out as it needed a TQ. I don't agree with the charges in this one.

Did he kill the guy? YES
did he mean to kill the guy? NO
did he mean to hurt the guy? MAYBE
INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER……….

Did he kill the guy? YES

Did he mean to kill the guy? YES and Hell YES. HE had a history of attacking and injuring players and had been moved along for the level of violence he played with, it was not acceptable in previous leagues. I think he was in 8 different leagues and on 12 different teams in the last decade, most of the time he moved on after a violent interaction or dirty play.

Did he mean to hurt the guy? ABSOUTELY YES. No one swings a razor sharp skate at another person and expects no injuries.

We can call it involuntary manslaughter or 3rd degree homicide because we cannot prove he came to the arena to murder that particular guy. But he has tried for years to kill a white person on the ice and he has been more violent that every other player every time he was on the ice. He knew this day would arrive and it has.

Last edited:
Did he kill the guy? YES

Did he mean to kill the guy? YES and Hell YES. HE had a history of attacking and injuring players and had been moved along for the level of violence he played with, it was not acceptable in previous leagues.

Did he mean to hurt the guy? ABSOUTELY YES. No one swings a razor sharp skate at another person and expects no injuries.

We can call it involuntary manslaughter or 3rd degree homicide because we cannot prove he came to the arena to murder that particular guy. But he has tried for years to kill a white person on the ice and he has been more violent that every other player every time he was on the ice. He knew this day would arrive and it has.
My thoughts also.

Reactions: lonegunman762x51
I must've replayed that vid like 100x when it first came out. It didn't look deliberate, but makes you wonder given the very nature of hockey how something like that has never happened before.
It has, Google it. I was watching a game one night and the goalie got his throat cut by a stick. He lived but the blood was really spurting.

Did he kill the guy? YES

Did he mean to kill the guy? YES and Hell YES. HE had a history of attacking and injuring players and had been moved along for the level of violence he played with, it was not acceptable in previous leagues. I think he was in 8 different leagues and on 12 different teams in the last decade, most of the time he moved on after a violent interaction or dirty play.

I dont really follow hockey at all but dont they have guys hired especially to be 'enforcers'.

Hang the fucking xxxxx.......

So fucking sick of seeing this shit. For fucks sake already......

Doc

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy intentionally put his skate towards the other players neck.. WTF did he think was going to happen. Fk him, put his ass in JAIL for 30 years, let him think about what he did. HE KILLED a guy that just wanted to play hockey.

I figured there would be a thread on this. And, there should be. This makes me sick!! I’ve watched hockey for a long time. Even watching youth into local high school. NO one does this move NOOO ONNEEE. Hang this fucker!

great comments here

GettyImages-1175627122-crop-640x480.jpg

Borealis Mydogrules20 hours ago
The media tried to claim it was an accident. But not in Canada; even they aren't stupid enough to think anyone here would buy that for a minute, because every single Canadian who ever stepped on a sheet of ice (which is pretty much all of us, women included) saw that video and knew damn well it was 100% intentional. It is not possible to slip on skates and do that. Did he intend the outcome, perhaps not. But the act itself? Yeah, he meant to do it

Mydogrulesa day ago edited
It's about time. It is obvious from watching the video that the kick was intentional, even if not intended to be fatal, it led to the death of another human being. Petgrave is one of the most penalized players, and was suspended for using equipment as a weapon previously. Clearly, it was a criminal act.

PS hadn’t watched the video… but that looked intentional. Like he was blocking the player with his kick.

Didn’t know the kicker was black, either.

Not that it should matter. But it will. Where is Johnny Cochran these days? If the skate don’t fit, you must acquit?

Sirhr

Rotting in Hell as he should be.