• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thickest barrel contour for tikka t3x tac a1

Cody S

Not A Scammer
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
Hazard, Kentucky
I'm looking to replace this tikka t3x tac a1 barrel and dont know how thick I can go with this handguard. Wanting to do m24 or heavy palma, any1 know the answer to this? Or marksman but I think it would require about the same clearance as the heavy.

1.15" is the max breech diameter you can have due to the bevel on the Tikka receiver. I know this is the case with standard Tikka receivers, so I assume the Tac A1 uses the same receiver.

Most barrels come with 1.20-1.25" breech diameters so they'll need turned down.

1.15" is the max breech diameter you can have due to the bevel on the Tikka receiver. I know this is the case with standard Tikka receivers, so I assume the Tac A1 uses the same receiver.

Most barrels come with 1.20-1.25" breech diameters so they'll need turned down.
Just for the action though right? I'm no smith so idk what I'm talking about but that's something a good gunsmith could do no problem right? Just a local guy with a lathe and nice tools who knows his stuff

You can have a gunsmith remove the bevel off the face of the action so it can accept barrels with a 1.200" breech.