• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thigh holsters

Downzero

-
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2006
    NM
    I've wanted to buy a thigh holster for a while. I think it'd be useful on range days when I'm in and out of the truck and generally more comfortable.

All the ones I've seen are ridiculously expensive, or cheap pieces of crap. Is there a decent rig that has perhaps a kydex holster built into it or something?

It seems like the market should be able to make a decent thigh rig for $50-75. And I'm NOT an operator, so I don't need this, it's just a convenience thing for when I have no reason to be carrying "concealed" and desire a comfortable holster.

Thoughts?

Re: Thigh holsters

Again, please read my post. I am not going to buy a $200 thigh rig to use a few times a year for recreational use. I was in the military. I see no reason to pretend to be an operator when I am not one anymore.

I have two of them, both together did'nt total 200 bucks, shop around, used ones sell for around 75 bucks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have two of them, both together did'nt total 200 bucks, shop around, used ones sell for around 75 bucks. </div></div>

Maybe that's what I should do--find a used one.

I have both a belt mounted holster and a thigh holster issued (Safariland). The thigh holster was designed for a purpose and that is to provide a clear draw when wearing a ballistic vest w/ equipment. That is the only time that I wear mine. I found that the thigh rig is a PITA when entering and exiting vehicles and now wear only my belt holster while working patrol and a concealable vest.
    Not trying to tell you what to do, it's your money. Just my .02 worth.
    TN

I had a friend who used a serpa holster. The release button broke within 3 months of light use. Theres a reason a lot of police depts use safariland holsters, they just plain work.

Mac

I'd suggest looking for a used Safariland 6004, which should fall into your price range +/- $20.

I wore one for 7 months using a padded partol belt with no worries. My vehicle was an old Ford Ranger, and my only complaint was the lanyard getting caught on the seat adjuster.

The holster is now 4 years old, and Safariland still seems to be the only guys who've cracked the code on thigh rigs.

I think that's what I'm going to do. It's quite shocking that there is only one decent thigh holster on the market. If I find a used one, though, that'll work.

let us know what pistol you have, with or without light, and the hide boys will be on the look out for you, most of us visit other sites and surf there 4sale sections, we can help you get the hook up.

+1 on what 427 said.

Post the pistol model, and I'll keep an eye out. I saw a bunch on new ones in stock at the South Carolina CJA this afternoon, although I don't remember the prices.

agree with safariland is good. i been finding them at pawn shops for like 20 bucks so i bought two and snagged the mag pouch off one to double up the capacity. then i found an extended stick mag to ride in the beretta added a few more mag pouches to the belt and shazam! its my zombie pistol rig,lol. and wont interfere with the lbv for the carbine mags. bring on the hordes

I have a SERPA that has seen litterally 1000s of presentations. I have had no issues with it at all. It has gone through training and deployment with me. On my thigh as I crawled through the sand. Used it in shooting competitions. I have not had a single issue with it. Nor have I had a a ND that so many people seem to be scared of. i have also used a safariland, and I def prefer the SERPA.

DZ theres a 6004 for a M9 on the exchange right now for 60 delivered.