• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thin mirage cover

Dayandnight

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
Colville Washington
I just checked and my nomad 30 is approved. Cashed 12/10/19 approved 5/10/20. Now for mirage covers. This being a 1.75” I’m concerned that it’s going to obstruct certain guns with a cover on it. I mostly use covers to protect first then combat mirage second. Crossing barb wire and atv stuff. Predator hunter so strings don’t matter much. But it helps a little with the thermal.

is there a protector that you would recommend that is not too thick?

I’m what do you mean by obstruct? I don’t think you’ll have any issues using the cover of your choice on the nomad.

I don’t think you’ll notice it unless you’re shooting at very low powers. Only .1” higher than an omega.

Ok I’ll just let it go. Thanks for setting me straight. My ultra was distracting on a couple rifles with cover on it. My predator rifles generally have low mag and I like the 2-7x range.

TAB gear now makes one with the inner liner being more like that firesuit material than the thicker liners. It is much thinner than the standard inner liner materials and seems to hold mirage at bay very well on my bolt gun.