• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Things to do for a day in Dallas?

Casamike

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2017
Indiana
Hey guys, I’m gonna have a layover at DFW airport, arriving into Dallas at 6am and leaving sometime in the afternoon. Planning for lunch at Hard 8 but otherwise no plans. I will have a car, but can anyone suggest things of interest to a shooter, particularly in the morning hours?

A lot depends on which day you are landing.
Traffic after you get out of the airport on a weekday is going to be a real pain till about 9:00 or so.

There is the big Bass Pro shop a couple miles away from the airport.
There are also several shooting places not too far away (but you many not have your guns with you if it's a layover).
Plenty of good eating & drinking without going too far.

Ohh sorry, landing tommorow morning, Saturday October 26. I definitely don’t have any guns or gear with me.

Hey guys, I’m gonna have a layover at DFW airport, arriving into Dallas at 6am and leaving sometime in the afternoon. Planning for lunch at Hard 8 but otherwise no plans. I will have a car, but can anyone suggest things of interest to a shooter, particularly in the morning hours?

Avoid that garbage food and go some place decent like Pecan Lodge. Not gun related, but I would hit Perot Museum but that might not work since it does not open till 10. Bush Presidential Museum is a good choice and is gun related as Saddam's Glock 18C is on display right outside Oval Office.

Reactions: Casamike
Saturday, traffic should be decent in the morning.
Lots of good shops to go to if you want to look at guns (if you don't happen to have enough good ones where you are).
You could also book in advance and do the indoor skydiving which is about 30 minutes from the airport.

Reactions: Casamike