• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Think I’ll take a step forward with the Vudoo, well 22lr anyway. Let’s try a Quad

Geno C.

Dirty Carnie
Minuteman
  • Oct 24, 2007
    Wautoma, WI
    Let’s see what these will do in a fast twist Bartlein on a Vudoo. Had my buddy fit and chamber a 1-5.75 Bartlein barrel. Worked with another friend at Badlands Precision to get this bullet made.
    47C53F3E-2A1B-4469-80EA-3DA2B4A24EBD.jpeg
    52C403EA-09A0-4F62-B4B1-DE311C909A15.jpeg

Last edited:
    That big bullet doesn’t leave much room for powder.

That looks pretty wild!

I'm looking forward to some range reports. Economy of scale would be a friend to all if these ever take off.

Pulling factory bullets and replacing with these or are you changing the powder charge as well?

Very interesting for sure.

If they shoot well enough I can't see single feeding an issue. I know it would be to early to tell.... but what price are you thinking per round? Having boxes of 50 or so like a standard box?

I have no intentions of pursuing loaded ammo with this. The biggest part for me in this was designing the bullet. I had some parameters and we worked together to make it what it is. I would imagine Badlands will sell the bullet if someone wants some once the design is finalized

Last edited:
    Would be fun to play with and see what happens at extended ranges for sure.

Heck just looked up badlands as well, and they are not to far from me here in ND. Out of curiosity what is a round costing to have them spun?

Would be fun to play with and see what happens at extended ranges for sure.

Heck just looked up badlands as well, and they are not to far from me here in ND. Out of curiosity what is a round costing to have them spun?
    Currently this design is under .60 that can change depending on design changes

Not horrible when looked at next to some of the Eley or Lapua ammo I guess.

How do you go about setting these up on the case? You pull the lead out of a shell and "reload" with the brass projectile?

Not horrible when looked at next to some of the Eley or Lapua ammo I guess.

How do you go about setting these up on the case? You pull the lead out of a shell and "reload" with the brass projectile?
    A conservative speed estimate puts me 200moa flatter at 1000 than Midas+

lol going for 1k! Damn now that is a hell of a shot with a .22 . lol

I get what your saying though. That really is quite a bit of change though as well. Will be interesting to see what you find after you do some shooting

Geno where are you getting brass ?
    Are you planning to stay subsonic?
    I don't have money to play like this but stuff like this is why I love this site. You guys take the shooting box and just say the hell with those ideas. 22 has come a long way since I have been reading.
    Thank you.
    Ps if I remember correctly you have the 375 action and brass just neck it down some lol

Geno where are you getting brass ?
    Are you planning to stay subsonic?
    I don't have money to play like this but stuff like this is why I love this site. You guys take the shooting box and just say the hell with those ideas. 22 has come a long way since I have been reading.
    Thank you.
    Ps if I remember correctly you have the 375 action and brass just neck it down some lol
    My brass came from FedArms. This is actually one of the least expensive projects I’ve done. I’m under .65 a round. Got the bullets today and ran into a little problem after a few rounds so this is pushed back a week or 2 now.

Starting with titewad

here’s a possible thought for you as well.
    you may not realize, this whole deal was done, as well, 25 years ago when RFBR was still shooting some group matches.
    Billy Brawand, who is still around Is a buddy.
    Anyway, as a bullet maker, he had dies made and turned our BR grade jacketed bullets.
    He was able to source quality cases but the real issue was sourcing proper powder which nobody would sell, or really discuss other than discovering it was a proprietary
    VV version.
    His entire exercise was largely responsible for rules mandating only commercially available , lead bullet, million rounds/ year etc. in all sanctioned shooting.
    My point to this whole deal is that, with your experiment, you might also try to autopsy a few high end rounds for powder as sort of a “ proof of concept “ sort of test.
    Just a thought.

Reactions: z28kid and Geno C.
    I’ve seen tiny stick powder and flake inside match ammo. My thought is to start with the fastest powder I had, and go from there. VV makes an R1 I think that is the fastest available, but I don’t have any. If what I have doesn’t work, then I might have to try to get some

Really just #1 and 2 I’m thinking I might meet to try. Titewad might get time where I need to be but I’m not sure yet
    72DA60F5-B49A-4775-95E6-44C7E34AD9F8.png

Reactions: Mr. Z
    Mike is a class act.
    Always appreciate the way he gives feedback and his interviews.

I have gotten sidetracked with other chaos on my own Vudoo course, but will someday soon.

This is cool cool stuff @Geno C.
    If you only knew a social media marketing genius to help you show it all off once you are dialed. 🤣

Reactions: Geno C.
    Unfortunately, looks like my barrel can’t be saved and made to work on the vudoo. I’ll do some measuring when I get it back. Probably turn it for my Sako quad. I’ll have to get a wmr mag for it so I can mag feed. Maybe this will be a blessing in disguise

• Sad
    Reactions: LeftyJason
    Shipping barrels out Monday to get setup to run on the Sako Quad. Going. To order a mag or 2 and get this thing mag feeding too👍🏼

Geno,
    Since you're going to try the 22m, look into data for the 22 CCM. IIRC, its supposed to be just a centerfire version of the 22m.
    I'm pretty sure the original cases were heavily modified 22 Hornet.