• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thinking about a TBAC bipod - educate me

atomic41

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 4, 2013
    So I'm thinking about one of these, never even held one but they look purty. Anyone care to share experience with it?

Thanks in advance

I own both the TBAC and Atlas Cal Gen 2.

TBAC is nice

Nice finish

Opens without pushing a button which is a nice feature which makes it a touch quicker to deploy vs the Cal

The spring loaded legs are really nice vs the atlas and makes it easier to extend with less movement

The TBAC has a bit more play but you load the play out so its not an issue

The only down side I’ve found to the TBAC is the inner portion of the leg is what extends out. Meaning the leg notch area picks up dirt and if you don’t wipe in off and collapse the leg you’ll get dirt inside your legs

The Atlas is set up so the outer part of the leg extends and the notch portion is 4-5” off the ground. So it can literally be in 3” of mud and still be collapsed without worry of getting debris inside the legs

I shoot both. Enjoy both. Both have the same stance as far as leg width. The TBAC sits further ahead from its mount vs the cal as well

Reactions: atomic41
    TBAC can also be locked at a 45 degree angle, there are leg extensions and claw feet available, and they are lighter than a Harris 9-13. The tilt tension system stays put. Set it and forget it.

I've had mine for over a year now and I don't use my Harris bipods anymore.

So I'm thinking about one of these, never even held one but they look purty. Anyone care to share experience with it?

Thanks in advance
    I love mine. Ticked off all the the right boxes for me. I have owned Harris and Atlas. You won’t regret getting one........

Do it. I have absolutely zero regrets over purchasing this product.

If I'm doing anything other than bench shooting, Tbac all day every day. It's not bad for bench either, but I have an accutac that's super wide so it's just better than anything for bench shooting. The tbac is definitely the most versatile bi-pod I've ever used, and it's really easy to use. Excellent tension adjustment too. It's just a well thought out, great product.