• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thinking about the Remington m40 clone

srtsam

Paul
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Mar 1, 2008
    West TN
    I am considering getting one of the remington m40 comemorative rifles they put out. Simple question? Should I go this way or try to get a real deal one?

Re: Thinking about the Remington m40 clone

Its gona be pretty hard to find a real one like you say.i have the rem commemorative and its a pretty close clone.the only thing i changed on it was the trigger,i put in a flat safety style trigger to get it closer to the real one.If you find one of these rifles expect to pay no less than $1500 for it.Oh and they shoot too.my first one shot very tight groups with 168amax,all shots touching at 100yds.

Depends, last one I saw was $1850.00.......
    Add a $1k to that, and one of the custom makers can build you one a lot closer to it.
    The hardest parts, are the scope, mounts, and stock.

Ive been thinking about getting one as well. Impact Guns had one in stock for $1200 or so the other day. Here is the link but they now show to be out of stock with a 2-12 week wait http://www.impactguns.com/store/7283.html Might want to give them a call and see if they can actually tell you how long the wait will be. It would be worth it for me to wait a month or so and save $600. You woulld have to wait alot longer for a custom anyway.

The commemoratives are nice and they shoot well. The real deal ones also shoot great (so I have heard) but they are rarer than hens teeth. The USMC never surplused these rifles. The new ones go for $1500-$2000 when you can find one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon972</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive been thinking about getting one as well. Impact Guns had one in stock for $1200 or so the other day. Here is the link but they now show to be out of stock with a 2-12 week wait http://www.impactguns.com/store/7283.html Might want to give them a call and see if they can actually tell you how long the wait will be. It would be worth it for me to wait a month or so and save $600. You woulld have to wait alot longer for a custom anyway. </div></div>

Look at the date of that link in the upper right hand corner!!! These were made in a one time run by Remington and I believe were limited to 1000 rifles? </div></div>

Remington has announced a second run of these in the next month or two. Limited to 500 rifles.

scout1