• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thinking about upgrading to a Zermatt Arms TL3

Question for you all more experienced Zermatt origin owners. I currently have an Origin with a 223 proof prefit. If i wanted to change the bolt head and screw a 6.5 cm on there, How close is the zero going to be to the 223 barrel? That would be amazing if i could switch between the two with minimal POI shift until i get my second rig built.

I haven't swapped bolt faces yet, but I swap back and forth between a few different 6CM and 6GT barrels and it's never far off (a few clicks here or there at most).

If I was smart, I'd write down or take a couple of pics of each barrel's zero settings and I'd bet they'd return to their respective zeros with no problem (if not dead nuts, at least within a click). Since I'm not smart, and I'd have to send a few to confirm anyway... I just re-zero each time I swap, but it goes quickly, it never takes more than a few shots even without recalling the settings.

Reactions: Ragnarok127
close enough you could take a deer inside 100y. far enough you'll want to rezero before serious shooting. 1moa is a good estimate of total shift

Question for you all more experienced Zermatt origin owners. I currently have an Origin with a 223 proof prefit. If i wanted to change the bolt head and screw a 6.5 cm on there, How close is the zero going to be to the 223 barrel? That would be amazing if i could switch between the two with minimal POI shift until i get my second rig built.
.3 to 1.3 mrad in both directions. Expect to dial in a zero offset when swapping barrels. Good thing is the POI change is consistent so you can record your offsets and just dial them in. A hold over reticle compliments this well.