• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thinking JP LRP-07 6.5CM with 20" Proof Carbon...comments?

Coltster

MSG
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2012
Augusta GA
So I am thinking of getting 6.5CM JP LRP-07 receivers with LMOS, silent capture spring, magpul prs and have Proof Research complete the build with their carbon barrel (20"-22"?). Will be suppressed so thinking some kind of switchblock or equivalent adj gas block.
Assuming I can even get the receivers in the first place.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

I had John Paul build me a .308Win JP lrp-07 and I am so in LOVE with it my wife is thinking about divorcing me, lol it is without a doubt the FINEST semi-auto you will ever feel, shoot or see in your life. Second to NONE.

I have something a bit similar on the way. A few things to note:

Proof Research is a distributor for Mega Receivers. So they prefer to build using that. In these times of shortage, they told me I'd get my rifle faster with the Mega than JP. So my upper will have the JP bolt and BCG along with a Noveske switchblock to regulate gas.

Proof will sell the barrel and from what I understand from the last time I spoke with them when placing my order, their barrels aren't in a shortage situation. It is the other parts like the BCG, upper receiver, and Noveske switchblock that are hard to get.

No clue when I'll take delivery of my new Proof Upper.

I have the JP LMOS and a Tubbs flat wire recoil spring in a 7-08 built with a MATEN receiver set. I use an SAS Arbiter suppressor on it. I had a hard time dialing in the right amount of gas to get it to function reliably. I finally had to add a Tubbs carrier weight system to my Lo-mass bolt carrier to slow it down so it would work. It defeats the purpose of the LMOS but it's what I had to do to get it to work. You might ask JP what they recommend for a suppressed 6.5 Creedmoor. Just something to think about. Good luck. Sounds like an awesome build.

I have something a bit similar on the way. A few things to note:

Proof Research is a distributor for Mega Receivers. So they prefer to build using that. In these times of shortage, they told me I'd get my rifle faster with the Mega than JP. So my upper will have the JP bolt and BCG along with a Noveske switchblock to regulate gas.

Proof will sell the barrel and from what I understand from the last time I spoke with them when placing my order, their barrels aren't in a shortage situation. It is the other parts like the BCG, upper receiver, and Noveske switchblock that are hard to get.

No clue when I'll take delivery of my new Proof Upper.

The Mega receivers are very nice but I really like the side charge LRP-07, as far as I know JP is only option in side charge. Congrats on the Proof, I'm sure it will be squared away!

Jumper.....thanks for the info, definitely something to bring up. My can is a AAC SDN6

I have a LRP-07 and a SCR-11 that I use in 3 gun matches. The .308 has a Leupold Mark 6 1-6 and the .223 has a Swaro Z6i 1-6. These are the finest AR platform rifles I have ever owned. Get JP to do a complete build and you will be happy with the results.

My new LRP-07 in 6.5 Creed
22"-1 in 8" twist
Silent Capture Spring
15 week wait time

Everything they tell you is true......

Attachments

• JP01.jpg
    JP01.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 30
  • JP04.jpg
    JP04.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 27
  • JP02.jpg
    JP02.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 20
  • JP03.jpg
    JP03.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 14
My buddy has one, its the polished finished grade. Coolest Semi auto Ive ever seen. Love the side charge. With factory ammo he got 3/4 to 1/2 accuracy and he said really sweet shooting

Just bought a JP LRP in 308 and couldn't be happier. I've had a Repr and an LMT and so far, I'm glad I ended up with the JP