• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thinking of a fast twist rimx build

Matt_3479

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2009
So I have myself a vudoo v22 1:16 twist that shoots so amazing but with this fast twist research being put out there and vudoo not really recommending it yet I’m between 10-18 months out from getting a fast twist vudoo in Canada so I’m thinking about doing a rimx build instead.

I’d like to run a longer barrel, 22-26”, 1:12-1:9 twist range. What I’m curious on is, for those that have a faster twist how has it been performing? Is it handling the 40’a okay?

I have the PVA 1:12 at 20 inch length and noticed improvement at 100-200 yards and out. I was just shooting it at 500 yards and was hitting the 2 moa targets regularly. I was using center x.

I am interested in going longer and getting the 9 twist, but that is lower on my priority list than a few other projects.

I did 1.25 moa at 400 with my 16" RimX 1:16 twist. At that distance, a 0.5 mph wind gust would probably negate any real accuracy advantage.

I have the PVA 1:12 at 20 inch length and noticed improvement at 100-200 yards and out. I was just shooting it at 500 yards and was hitting the 2 moa targets regularly. I was using center x.

I am interested in going longer and getting the 9 twist, but that is lower on my priority list than a few other projects.

Thank you. I am also interested in going 22-26” ans 1:12-1:9 twist.

Reactions: Emerson0311
I did 1.25 moa at 400 with my 16" RimX 1:16 twist. At that distance, a 0.5 mph wind gust would probably negate any real accuracy advantage.

Good shooting!! What barrel do you have? My vudoo 1:16 shoots amazing just looking to add another 22 to the stable and figured change it up with a fast twist. Been following along with mike bush’s testing but curious who else has any experience with them

Good shooting!! What barrel do you have? My vudoo 1:16 shoots amazing just looking to add another 22 to the stable and figured change it up with a fast twist. Been following along with mike bush’s testing but curious who else has any experience with them
16" Paradigm sendero carbon fiber

Reactions: Matt_3479
I can tell you my 12 -9 twist barrels out preform my 16t at longer yardage on my Rim X action. I set it up 1st with a Proof 16t 18" barrel shoots .3 to 4ish groups at 50 yards all day long. Out past 300 it's a rock slinger. Same action Bartlien transitional barrel at 25 " will hover around 1 moa at 300 with my best group just over .54 moa at 300. At 600 yards a 18" drum lid is a regular event with it in a constant wind. If the wind is variable , hang on it gets busy I use flags every 100 yards to see shifts also.

I am in a similar boat on the 12t, but I have already started paddling down river!!!

RimX action, bore guide and mags ordered.
PVA Barrel ordered 22" M24 profile.
ATS Tuner order with it.

My dilemma is do I want to start this build now or continue with the Vudoo and play with the 12t until I get it fully going.

I plan to only shoot SK as I have a few cases of different types. I know the tuner will allow me to shoot these lots and get the most out of them.

A big fat long barrel could lighten up the whole rifle and keep it balanced too. Keep us in the loop Matt. Budget is the only thing holding me back.

It might be a bit, still considering all my options. I just know since getting my vudoo coming up a year now, it’s used 4-5 times as much as anything else in the safe, so thinking maybe another.

Weighing my options between another vudoo, 360 this time, in a special order fast twist. The rimx, and a longer barrel fast twist which I may be able to get from lothar, or pva. And now with the deuce released finally, I’d like to keep an eye on how they pan out and maybe give them a shot. I have the vudoo, my buddy has the rimx so spent a lot of time with each

The 12T is no joke.
205 was spot on. 305 had a Cal DSF Adjustment then 5 rounds right in the middle by the wallet.

Attachments

• 00134ADE-9C85-4099-B50A-BA94C3BB4309_1_201_a.jpeg
    00134ADE-9C85-4099-B50A-BA94C3BB4309_1_201_a.jpeg
    588.3 KB · Views: 79
  • E30F5B82-02C6-4FAF-887B-9DA4BCC26237_1_201_a.jpeg
    E30F5B82-02C6-4FAF-887B-9DA4BCC26237_1_201_a.jpeg
    507.6 KB · Views: 69
  • tempImagefCzQuT.png
    tempImagefCzQuT.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
I have a Vudoo now that is being parted out. I have my RimX and another Vudoo on order. I absolutely love this 12T from PVA.

I have a Vudoo now that is being parted out. I have my RimX and another Vudoo on order. I absolutely love this 12T from PVA.

What vudoo do you have on order? Damn, that barrel you have on your rimx is awesome! I’m still debating between rimx and the new deuce! Just waiting to hear back from ultimatum to see if they will sell just action or build a fast twist!!

Reactions: Defender32
What vudoo do you have on order? Damn, that barrel you have on your rimx is awesome! I’m still debating between rimx and the new deuce! Just waiting to hear back from ultimatum to see if they will sell just action or build a fast twist!!
I just ordered my 3rd one last Monday. Right now a 22” MTU threaded 5/8-24. Might see if I can get a heavier profile without a taper in 22”. Jan 22 is my completion date.
Parting out a 20” Ace Kukri.

I just ordered my 3rd one last Monday. Right now a 22” MTU threaded 5/8-24. Might see if I can get a heavier profile without a taper in 22”. Jan 22 is my completion date.
Parting out a 20” Ace Kukri.

Fast twist, standard twist? Just looking for better balance or something?

Fast twist, standard twist? Just looking for better balance or something?
It is a standard 16T for now. If MB releases a fast twist I MIGHT change it. The RimX for me was a testing rifle to have fun with. I bought the barrel vice, torque wrench & action tool.
I went 22” because I like that length it moves well and is easy to balance. I think a 1.25 straight shaft would be nice. Chris Simmons team Vudoo looks like that is his profile and it just sets on barricades and never moves.

Reactions: Matt_3479
I just got a new pipe for my RimX going from the Proof Research 18 inch 16 twist Comp Contour to the PVA 22 inch 12 twist M24.

Bumping this thread with a question. To the guys that have switched. Given the same lot of ammo, how much change in DOPE if any, did you encounter going from a conventional 16 to the 12 twist? Did you have to true all over again? I ran the AB custom curve on my current lot of Lapua Center X in the Proof successfully out to 300 yards.

I just got a new pipe for my RimX going from the Proof Research 18 inch 16 twist Comp Contour to the PVA 22 inch 12 twist M24.

Bumping this thread with a question. To the guys that have switched. Given the same lot of ammo, how much change in DOPE if any, did you encounter going from a conventional 16 to the 12 twist? Did you have to true all over again? I ran the AB custom curve on my current lot of Lapua Center X in the Proof successfully out to 300 yards.
I did re work all my dope to 400 yards. Once I re built the rifle in my Kestrel from a 50 yard zero. I was normally 1.9 at 100 and rifle went 1.8. At that time it only had about 200 rounds down it. I have almost 1500 on it now and it is back to a 1.9 for the most part. I did have to do a CAL DSF at 305. Everything else was good from 100 to there. I also used the AB Custom Curve for Center-X. I am also shooting SK Rifle Match and a tuner.

The 12 T just seems to hold things together better beyond 200 yards for me. Ammo brand don't matter out of the good stuff. My 16t would go 1.5-2 MOA at 200 and beyond. The 12T is MOA or smaller for me. I did also add a tuner per PVA suggestions.

One thing to note is that PVA back bores the muzzle on at least the barrels that have threaded muzzles (not sure on the unthreaded). I would recommend adding an inch to the length you want as the back bore removes roughly 0.5 inches in length.

This is true on a 5/8-24 threaded barrel I know. I don't know if it is the same on a 1/2-28 or not. It is between .75"-1" on the recessed crown for sure.

Is the Eachus Match Chamber the same as the Padom chamber offered by Keystone Accuracy?
Pretty sure that's it or its the PVA chamber.
Padoms chamber is only offered by Keystone. The match chamber from PVA is labeled as match Eachus as well but I am pretty sure they are different.