• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thinking of adding a karsten adj cheek piece B&C

arrowslinger#1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2011
KY
www.google.com
I see that there is a type A and type B one looks slotted. Is one better than the other? Any reviews? Pros and cons? Thanks!

Going on a B&C a2 medalist

Re: Thinking of adding a karsten adj cheek piece B&C

My preference is the B model with the notches and low profile hardware. You will really like the cheek weld you get with the Kasten cheepieces. I have installed five of them with no problems.

I like the B better, they both work. Only tip i have is to boil the curve till it softens a little bit and then put it on your stock and mold it to fit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sandbogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My preference is the B model with the notches and low profile hardware. You will really like the cheek weld you get with the Kasten cheepieces. I have installed five of them with no problems. </div></div>

Glad you chimed in, I didn't know there was different hardware, could you explain? Is it just the knobs on one vs ???

Also, do you ever get in a situation where one notch is too low or too high?

Thanks for the responses.

I have a type A on a B&C A2 medalist. I have not used a type B. I set my height with a spacer block when I re-install it after cleaning my rifle. I thought the larger knobs might be a problem but they have not been. It does not move when tightened and set.
You "WILL" need to heat/mold it to fit.
Good luck!

I have the regular A model (the one with the knobs) on my HS Precision Savage and it fitted perfectly, without having to heat it or mold it or anything else ... just installed it and it fits great , looks great and the best is that it is very comfortable. Here is mine :
006-46.jpg

009-35.jpg

I remember that the most difficult step for the install was overcoming the thought of drilling 2 holes on my new HS-Precision stock ... but I did it slowly and very carefully to avoid making mistakes and then the install was perfect.

I have the A model. (exposed knobs) I had to use it on a HTG stock for a NF 50mm. I didn't like the Eagle stock pad so I went with the Karsten.

I used painters tape to mark the holes and also taped the cheekpiece in place to make sure I can remove the bolt without moving the cheekpiece.

It's not hard to install one but just take your time.

Cut

Yes, the b model has flush hardware, the others have big knobs that stick out.

No, I have never felt that the cheekpiece height needed was in between notches. Every one I have installed has very much improved the shootability of the rifle it was installed on. ( all were installed on HS precision stocks).

If you want a more permanent typeinstall there is a guy on here who installs KMW cheekpiece hardware and does a very nice job. ( I forget his name, maybe he will chime in
wink.gif
).

Have Joe Ducos do a custom with KMW hardware. Well worth it.

Here is a sample:

x29z86.png

PM Stockdoc above...

man i wish that was available for the HS stocks.

the model with notches works fine. i have never needed to take it off or adjust it. just make sure you have it far enough back to take out the bolt but not too far to make it not useable. i drilled in one side then the other. i used 2 different sized bits as you will see if you get the notched one.

man i wish that was available for the HS stocks.

The kmw is doable in an h-s stock!!

They also have a "C" version. Same hardware as a B version but no notches. I put one on a B&C.

if you going to do that i would just get the whole stock i have the B7C M40 i like it very much, i had a acis because i thought it was cool for about 2 days i didn't like it not enuff pull in the buttstock

IMG_0998.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stockdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">man i wish that was available for the HS stocks.

The kmw is doable in an h-s stock!! </div></div>

i was told by KMW it was a no go. any pictures of one thats been done? that was my first preference