• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thinking of adding ARCA rail; T-slot and tapered forend options?

K2e2vin

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2014
I'm looking at adding an ARCA rail to both my Tikka(in KRG Bravo chassis) and CZ 457 Varmint. On my Tikka, the bipod I use(Mystic Precision) mounts inside of a T-slot; is there an ARCA rail with a T-slot built-in?

Also, the stock on my CZ 457 Varmint tapers towards the front. Is there any way to have an ARCA rail that's more parallel with the barrel? I can't really change chassis due to none of that more straighter forends being available in LH.

Not super familiar with T-Slot, but it seems like a pretty roundabout way of doing things when you could just switch the bipod and run a standard Arca rail.

If you’re deadset on keeping the Mystic then you’re best bet would be to find an Arca rail or chassis with MLOK slots on the bottom and then using the EGW MLOK/T-Slot adapter to mate them. You might also check to see if the T-Slot mount is compatible with the Anschutz rails.

But honestly, the much better investment at this point would just be to ditch the T-Slot.

Reactions: spife7980
If you’re deadset on keeping the Mystic then you’re best bet would be to find an Arca rail or chassis with MLOK slots on the bottom and then using the EGW MLOK/T-Slot adapter to mate them. You might also check to see if the T-Slot mount is compatible with the Anschutz rails.

But honestly, the much better investment at this point would just be to ditch the T-Slot.

I am mainly looking for something to where I can just take the bipod off and have a flat bottom. I have considered just trying to mount the T-slot adapter to a ARCA clamp but haven't seen any elegant solutions.

I mean a straight Arca rail is going to be as flat as you can get… you’re looking for a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist without the goofy bipod mount.

I ended up finding a rail that does have a T-slot built-in(Ulfhednar/Vision). Problem is it looks like it was the Gen1 that had it. Tried to order one from Tactical Surplus USA and ended up getting a plain Arca rail. Anyone happen to know where I can find one? Everyone has pictures of the Gen1 so I don't know who actually has it.

opplanet-ulfhednar-arca-tactical-rail-uh360-main.jpgRPVULFUH360_1__91248.jpg

Last edited: