• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thinking of shooting f class

mitchell mcgehee

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2011
I am shooting a rem 700 in 308 cal with consistent 1.25" 3 shot groups @ 200yds. Should I even consider shooting in a f class match yet. I am new to target shooting and would appreciate any advice and sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Re: Thinking of shooting f class

Of course you will learn alot from the matches. Dont go tehre to win the whole dang thing set a goal and achieve that and learn from the guys you are shooting with.

You will get better and who knows you may just beat everyone there. We were all rookies once and we never stop learning.

In addition we offer a Fclass data book that may be helpful to you and yoru F-Class shooting.

Happy Shooting Tony

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mitch1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am shooting a rem 700 in 308 cal with consistent 1.25" 3 shot groups @ 200yds. Should I even consider shooting in a f class match yet. I am new to target shooting and would appreciate any advice and sorry if this is the wrong forum.</div></div>

In general, if you want to develop your marksmanship skills to an extraordinary level, you will be both mentally and physically challenged. Without competition, to both test and celebrate your effort it's doubtful you'll persist. It's just too hard when there's no reward for the effort.

You may want to develop basic marksmanship skills with iron sights and sling. Service Rifle competition demands knowledge for everything important to good shooting. Some of these concepts are not as discernible for their importance when shooting with a scope and other forms of artificial support. So, while F-Class can be entertaining, it may not serve to reveal what you know, or don't know overall, as would something like NRA LR match or any/any competitions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mitch1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am shooting a rem 700 in 308 cal with consistent 1.25" 3 shot groups @ 200yds. Should I even consider shooting in a f class match yet. I am new to target shooting and would appreciate any advice and sorry if this is the wrong forum. </div></div>
Your question has the common undertone of "Am I good enough to compete yet?"

Of course you are good enough to compete. What I think many people ask between the lines is "Am I good enough to win?" The answer to that is almost always no. Winning in NRA Highpower (be it conventional 3 position, mid range prone, long range prone, mid range F class, or long range F class) takes having shooting skills that are superlative compared to what about 90% of the shooting population has.

So yes, you are ready to compete. No, you're not going to win/place/show right away. No, no one is going to make fun of you, mock you, or shun you.

You will find that whether they shoot off bags, bipods, or slings, NRA highpower shooters are some of the most welcoming groups in the shooting sports.

Go, have fun, and learn.

PS, I would take Kraig's advice of taking up conventional highpower very seriously. It will teach you so much about marksmanship that you would not believe us if we told you just how much.

I shot my first F Class 500 yard match last weekend and my first group was 5" low and 2.5" to the left. On my 2nd group I adjusted and shot one of the best groups I've ever shot. When I went and checked the target I was 10" low and 2.5" left. Had I adjusted correctly I would have had a very good score. Point is I learned a lot from my mistakes and hopefully will compete next shoot. You can't learn sitting in your living room.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BamaLoaded</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shot my first F Class 500 yard match last weekend and my first group was 5" low and 2.5" to the left. On my 2nd group I adjusted and shot one of the best groups I've ever shot. When I went and checked the target I was 10" low and 2.5" left. Had I adjusted correctly I would have had a very good score. Point is I learned a lot from my mistakes and hopefully will compete next shoot. You can't learn sitting in your living room.</div></div>

You said, "when I went and checked my target". I don't get it? You're shooting a match with no target pullers? How is that possible? How, without a puller placing a disc on your strike could you know anything about what's going on, or even know that you're zeroed?

Thank you guys for all the input. Yes I was wondering if my performance is good enough to show up and no I dont expect to place. I just didnt want to get laughed at or hear people saying he shouldnt even be here. We only have 600yds at the range so we will be shooting mid range F class. I am looking forward to getting better and learning as mush as I can, just didnt want to jump in to soon. Also am I correct in saying that I am shooting about 3/4 MOA at 200yds.

The range I shot at does not have pits. The match is shot with 2 spotter rounds on metal gongs, and 20 scoring shots. Then the targets are pulled and new targets put back up for the second relay which is shot in the same fashion as the first relay. I guess it is just their way of getting around not having pits and shot markers.

F Class is an excellent type of match to compete in and learn at same time. Once you understand your body position you need to concentrate on wind adjustments as much as anything else. This is a skill that is hard to learn and its nice to be able to take out of the equation "Is my sling on right" "Is this a correct sight picture with my iron sights"

I recommend alot of new shooters start here, but I also think you should do across the course with a service rifle as this wil build all around better rifle skills.

Lastly when you shoot F Class get a good book, like Nomads, designed for F Class. I have used Nomads for nearly two years and find it has everything needed. Use the book to record your shots, so you can think that looks like 3 moa of wind. Try it and see just how close you where. Over time this will make you a better wind reader.

Now dont get discouraged as that .50 moa X rings is real hard to hit at greater distances, with wind blowing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: proneshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You will find that whether they shoot off bags, bipods, or slings, NRA highpower shooters are some of the most welcoming groups in the shooting sports.
</div></div>

I really wish that this reflected my experiences.

There is a lot to be gained BRM wise with F-Class, especially if there is a pit system and every shot is being spotted for you. Go and do it just for the experience and practice! - Competition be damned. You will need a dedicated gun set up especially for F-Class to outpace the regulars.

I say you should do it. You have nothing to lose.

--Fargo007

I love/hate shooting F-TR. On my good days I get my share of the money, on bad days I clap politely.

No one will laugh and each relay loves to gather and discuss the wind gust that drove that 8! After the match it is fun to gather and compare gear and BS. Lots of questions get firmly answered at a match compared to online.

One thing I have noticed, while working in the pit that X ring is huge- from the firing line an ant's butt is bigger!

Oh while working the pit and scoring the target can seem daunting, most (not all) shooters understand a newbie doing the hoist and paste routine for the first time. We all were new once.

Local matches are a mix of expert and beginner, should be fun and always educational. I'd encourage any and everyone who owns a precision (tacti-cool) rifle to attend a few F-Class matches a year. Fairly relaxed way to sharpen the shooting skill side.

My skill level was less than yours when I started local F-class. I say do it! I learned so much more by having experienced shooters watch/coach me than just using the online training here. The online training is great, but you can think you are doing one thing and someone else can see you are doing something else.

F-class doesn't have to be an end in itself. My personal goal isn't to be a fantastic F-class shooter. I really am trying to build all the other skills needed for a tactical match. But, F-class is a great place to measure your basic rifle skills. I've done it for 2 years, I plan on keeping at it, and I am still learning from it.

Good luck and have fun!

I think your gonna be alright. The intimidation factor is always a big deal until you break the ice and go shoot.....if anybody says they weren't nervous the first match they shot is obviously lying!

You should just jump in and do it. It is a lot of fun and you will learn things in matches that you wouldn't shooting by yourself. The instant feedback from the target pullers is an amazing tool to learn the effects of wind.

I shoot the same F-class match that BamaLoaded is talking about. It's a modified F-class match. We are using NRA 500 yard f-class targets. We don't have pitts at the range so we use a 10" steel gong at 500y you get two sighters on the steel and run the 20 rounds. Then we go and pull the targets and you do the set-up again. Here's a link to the modified f-class match:

http://www.scssa.org/f-class.htm

I guess it's the best we could come up with without spending the money to build the pit.

Mitch,

I started shooting comp's as green as they come. I have been shooting on and off all my life. I just decided I wanted to get out and learn to drive a rifle at long range so I went and started shooting. I shoot three local matches 500 f-class (above) I also shoot the precision rifle match on the above website. I also shoot the HardRock matches 600-1k. I started not knowing anything, just go and shoot the guys you'll meet will help you out if you ask for a helping hand.

Ken

That match has a lot of room for improvement. That's all I'll say. Don't want to hijack the OP's thread.

I will say that F class is a lot of fun and there is a lot you can learn there. Most of the shooters are really helpful and are more than willing to help and share. If you have the chance, give it a try.

Also, do not be surprised when you get to the "F class" match and find yourself lying next to a shooter with a rifle like this:
DSC00400.jpg

and wearing a shooting coat and weird glasses.

The majority of f class matches are the same as conventional prone mid range or long range matches. You just get a target that is twice as hard, is all.

BTW, listen to the old guys shooting with slings and irons when it comes to the wind. They know their shit.

Those leather bondage shooters use a different target than F-Class. 1MOA X ring to F Classes .5

My local range used to be packed with 'slingers' when I started in F-Class. Now they have trouble making a class and F-Class takes up most the firing line.

(Mitch dont answer the High Power siren call, plug your ears with wax and ROW! F-Class is a fun laid back way to shoot.)

Oh if one of those trussed up shooters says 'pull my finger' try and not make eye contact and shuffle away.
wink.gif

Today, I shoot NRA LR with the Service Rifle, a match conditioned commercial equivalent of the M16 A2. Shooting in this division is insane. That's to say, good scores require a comprehensive understanding for everything important to good shooting, as well as the skill to execute the firing tasks from a position which must be rebuilt, from shot to shot, to where the shooter, gun, and ground are in an extraordinarily consistent relationship.

This is not easy. It is both a mental and physical challenge which, without the rewards from competition, would be an exercise likely abandoned by most, since it's just too painful. My point here is for those who have an interest in taking a journey which will get them to the highest plateaus of good shooting, the Service Rifle route is one where you'll see more attractions along the path to your destination, than is possible from F-Class.

Thing is, folks who get into F-Class rarely move from that place since they become so comfortable there. That's O.K., of course, but, nevertheless, such comfort precludes these folks from revealing in the apocalyptic experience which is exclusive to those who take the Service Rifle to the firing line.

For any just getting into LR, try the Service Rifle on for size, you can do it, heck, the target is twice the size of one for F-Class.
grin.gif

DAYUM-
you should write for a magazine or something.

For me killing paper is fun but my reveling comes as the morning mists part to reveal a huge buck standing up in a field I have been watching on opening day.

Everything else was just foreplay for that day.

oh and this maybe just me but as I watch the slingers suit up in multiple layers of sweat shirts on an already warm august morning, as they pull those straps tight on their leather jackets I see that scene from Silence of the Lambs with Hannibal trussed up tight in his straitjacket and Buffalo Bob's voice in the backround-

"It puts the lotion on its skin!"

Yeah, that could be just me...
wink.gif

But it sure was a good flick!

Sterling, you and I know Service Rifle is DAMM HARD. I agree best place to start shooting but no reason not to shoot both. If a man has interest in using a scoped rifle similar to what a sniper does the only NRA Comp that comes close is F TR Class. 308 of bipod. As to F TR no one has ever cleaned a long range course in F TR. It is also damm hard and great place to learn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: notquiteright</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My local range used to be packed with 'slingers' when I started in F-Class. Now they have trouble making a class and F-Class takes up most the firing line.</div></div>
At my local club the count is reverse. We hardly every put up more than two or three F class targets. The rest of the line is shooting either a match or service rifle.

When I went to shoot mid range prone at Malvern, Ohio, I was expecting to see half the line shooting F. Instead I saw just 3 or 4 guys on my relay shooting F class.

I shoot both conventional and F class prone, and come from shooting service rifle across the course. I consider such cross training to make a better shooter.

Does anyone know where I can get training for F class in the Houston, Texas area?

Get out and shoot. You will have a great time, and shooters will do anything to help someone new. Just let everyone know it is your first match and don't worry to much about scores.

I shoot both F-TR and Service Rifle and I think that F-TR specifically, despite what many long time Service and Match rifle shooters think, has saved high power rifle competition.

There has been a ground swell of intrest in F-class over the last few years, as some of the above posts indicate. The bottom line is that without more folks getting into the sport at some level the more quickly it heads for extinction.

F-TR is a great way for most people to get into the sport because it is accessible. The .223 or .308 rifle is likely already purchased and with a minimum of additional equipment, a novice can come out and play. Sure, as with any shooting discipline, one can get wrapped up in the arms race of equipment purchases but there has never been an easier way for someone to get involved with high power competition.

There are many, many people who come to shoot F-class because it is not physically intimidating. There are a large majority of shooters out there that only use a sling to haul there rifle during hunting season, and have never been exposed to position shooting at any level (much less using iron sights). For these people a bipod on the ground with a scope for a sight is welcoming. If that gets them in the door fine with me. It is absolutely nothing but wonderful, fresh blood is refreshing.

I have observed that once folks get bitten by the competition bug they want more. The developing trend that can be widely seen at the matches I attend is the migration from one discipline to others. By far it is F-class shooters curious about shooting in a sling, and that cross-polination has done nothing but rejuvenate the local high-power scene.

i agree with holdoff.If you want to go out and shoot, get out there.We all start somewhere and you will find the shooting community open and willing to help.We are all out there for the same reason, to enjoy a hobby.Try different classes if you are able as they all offer alot of enjoyment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: holdoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get out and shoot. You will have a great time, and shooters will do anything to help someone new. Just let everyone know it is your first match and don't worry to much about scores.

I shoot both F-TR and Service Rifle and I think that F-TR specifically, despite what many long time Service and Match rifle shooters think, has saved high power rifle competition.

There has been a ground swell of intrest in F-class over the last few years, as some of the above posts indicate. The bottom line is that without more folks getting into the sport at some level the more quickly it heads for extinction.

F-TR is a great way for most people to get into the sport because it is accessible. The .223 or .308 rifle is likely already purchased and with a minimum of additional equipment, a novice can come out and play. Sure, as with any shooting discipline, one can get wrapped up in the arms race of equipment purchases but there has never been an easier way for someone to get involved with high power competition.

There are many, many people who come to shoot F-class because it is not physically intimidating. There are a large majority of shooters out there that only use a sling to haul there rifle during hunting season, and have never been exposed to position shooting at any level (much less using iron sights). For these people a bipod on the ground with a scope for a sight is welcoming. If that gets them in the door fine with me. It is absolutely nothing but wonderful, fresh blood is refreshing.

I have observed that once folks get bitten by the competition bug they want more. The developing trend that can be widely seen at the matches I attend is the migration from one discipline to others. By far it is F-class shooters curious about shooting in a sling, and that cross-polination has done nothing but rejuvenate the local high-power scene.

</div></div>

F-Class has not saved anything. No doubt, F-Class is popular and growing; however, it's not the savior of HP, or NRA LR match, Palma, or any/any divisions. In fact, it may have undermined NRA LR and HP participation.

HP and NRA LR appear to those getting into it all to be as complex they are expensive, and this thwarts interest. It's that simple. The reality is that HP is the one of most popular organized shooting sports in the U.S., and is growing.

Not to pee on F class, but I don't see it as a growth industry in SW Ohio and we have a killer range with pits and lines at 200/300/500/600 yds.

Service rifle is the entry vehicle into competitive rifle around here.

F class is NO cheaper than conventional long range prone IF you don't have a rifle. Guaranteed. Once you price top of the line optics, bipod, rings, and bases, you can cover the cost of a set of match aperture sights, a sling, and a shooting coat.

Anyone who doubts that hasn't priced this stuff lately.

The only way F class makes sense as a starter is if you already have a scoped, heavy barrel rifle with good optics.

To get started in F TR Class, you just take your basic 308 Sniper rifle on a bipod and shoot. Thats why it is growing in popularity. Now to compete at top level that basic rifle wont win in top matches. You will need to drop some money on a Palam type rifle, very good scope and be a hand load master. It is still cheaper than F Open but actuallly about same cost as top Palam set up.

I love F TR and frankly I dont see it as competition for Palma/HP or LR. I think of all the classes as cross training as every one brings a skill set to the table. Do them all and get far better.

To be clear, I am NOT trying to pit F-class vs SR/MR/Palma. There is no room in our sport for any type of derision in the ranks. We need each other.

There are obvious regional differences in attendance at matches, and SR is the entry vehicle for XTC shooting. But, at least at the matches I have attended recently, F-class is the most popular way to shoot prone. F-TR especially.

Sterling Shooter is correct that High Power is, "one of the most popular shooting sports in the U.S., and is growing". Due to the popularity of F-class.

Ironic that the NRA has undermined F-class since its inception by excluding the entire discipline from shooting at the National Matches at Camp Perry. You would think that the NRA being the sanctioning body for the sport could be inclusive rather than exclusive.

I shot an event last year and I dont want to pee on anyones parade but I was less than overwhelmed with it.
Would I go again no .
I would rather shoot on my own so I can track my consistency
I dont think its a bad thing its just not my thing .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: holdoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sterling Shooter is correct that High Power is, "one of the most popular shooting sports in the U.S., and is growing". Due to the popularity of F-class.

</div></div>

HP is growing primarily due to the work of the CMP and countless others around the country who have an interest in the HP tradition. In 1994 the CMP was privatized, loosing its Federal support; yet, through responsive leadership, growth has been possible. Spearheading this excitement is the recently added M1 Garand Match presented at the National Matches, which gives casual shooters a taste for the adventure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: holdoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no room in our sport for any type of derision in the ranks. We need each other.</div></div>
Agree

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: holdoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ironic that the NRA has undermined F-class since its inception by excluding the entire discipline from shooting at the National Matches at Camp Perry. You would think that the NRA being the sanctioning body for the sport could be inclusive rather than exclusive. </div></div>
In the long run, F class may be better off having its Nationals elsewhere. Camp Perry is a National Guard base and as such is subject to the whims and political winds blowing through Washington DC and Columbus. It can be taken away from the NRA in a NY minute given the right political conditions. I'm not saying such a disaster is imminent or even on the horizon, but the threat is still real nonethtless.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: proneshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: holdoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no room in our sport for any type of derision in the ranks. We need each other.</div></div>
Agree

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: holdoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ironic that the NRA has undermined F-class since its inception by excluding the entire discipline from shooting at the National Matches at Camp Perry. You would think that the NRA being the sanctioning body for the sport could be inclusive rather than exclusive. </div></div>
In the long run, F class may be better off having its Nationals elsewhere. Camp Perry is a National Guard base and as such is subject to the whims and political winds blowing through Washington DC and Columbus. It can be taken away from the NRA in a NY minute given the right political conditions. I'm not saying such a disaster is imminent or even on the horizon, but the threat is still real nonethtless.</div></div>

The National Matches are about testing and celebrating marksmanship skill. It has it's traditions, and F-Class is not compatible with those, since F-Class is not seen as a greater test of skill than established events.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sterling Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: proneshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: holdoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no room in our sport for any type of derision in the ranks. We need each other.</div></div>
Agree

In the long run, F class may be better off having its Nationals elsewhere. Camp Perry is a National Guard base and as such is subject to the whims and political winds blowing through Washington DC and Columbus. It can be taken away from the NRA in a NY minute given the right political conditions. I'm not saying such a disaster is imminent or even on the horizon, but the threat is still real nonethtless.</div></div>

The National Matches are about testing and celebrating marksmanship skill. It has it's traditions, and F-Class is not compatible with those, since F-Class is not seen as a greater test of skill than established events. </div></div>

I think that shooting at a target that is four times smaller in area is a pretty good test of skill.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DGosnell</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sterling Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: proneshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: holdoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no room in our sport for any type of derision in the ranks. We need each other.</div></div>
Agree

The National Matches are about testing and celebrating marksmanship skill. It has it's traditions, and F-Class is not compatible with those, since F-Class is not seen as a greater test of skill than established events. </div></div>

I think that shooting at a target that is four times smaller in area is a pretty good test of skill.</div></div>

Well then, why not sling-up and shoot in any/any or match division, heck the target is twice as big. You should have no trouble at all getting a perfect score and a high X-count too, right? You'll probably dazzle all with your skills carried over from F-Class. Wait a minute, better yet, take a Service Rifle to the firing line, all the skill developed from F-Class ought to help you get job done there as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sterling Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As a former service rifle shooter and current fullbore and smallbore prone shooter I say.....

That is a crock of shite, and it stinketh

Seriously dude, the attitude is not called for.

Tell you what, you should show everyone up at the F class nationals, since it's such a low skill endeavor. Particularly for a service rifle HM/DR.

Where's the rolleyes smiley?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: proneshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sterling Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As a former service rifle shooter and current fullbore and smallbore prone shooter I say.....

Tell you what, you should show everyone up at the F class nationals, since it's such a low skill endeavor. Particularly for a service rifle HM/DR.

Where's the rolleyes smiley?</div></div>

Dude, that's not my attitude, just the facts of the matter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sterling Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: proneshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sterling Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Dude, that's not my attitude, just the facts of the matter. </div></div>
You mean your opinion. One not shared by many sling shooters.

Having shot both disciplines I've come to the conclusion that I like them both. Each has its own skill set but fundamental marksmanship comes into play in each.
I believe the shooting community is one of the most accepting and one of the most opinionated groups out there. Each discipline thinks theirs is better.
For the people shooting High Power, if you haven't tried F class, give it a shot(pun intended) before you condemn it. The same goes for the folks shooting F Class that haven't tried High Power. I've personally seen where a shooter may have physical limitations and can't get into the positions required in High Power. F Class gets that person out to the range to enjoy an aspect of something they love and lets them feel the thrill of competition.
No matter the discipline, if it gets shooters out in a respectful and safe environment and lets them enjoy something they are passionate about, why condemn it? If you like your discipline better so be it but I think there is room out there for all of us.

Mitch1979,

All this talk about the best of the best has me thinking we should scale this discussion back a bit. I personally think you should start shooting F-class where you're at and get your foot in the door. I'm sure if you keep shooting there and keep improving you will run across shooters of other disciplines and will get your chance to put your foot in those doors. Your interests will take you where you want to go. Starting somewhere is the key to taking those paths to finding what you like and want to pursue. Because going down that road you will meet some of the most incredible mentors you will ever know.

My advice is start now, and go shoot. Then decide what you want to do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: proneshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sterling Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: proneshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sterling Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Dude, that's not my attitude, just the facts of the matter. </div></div>
You mean your opinion. One not shared by many sling shooters.</div></div>

No, not my opinion, fact is F-Class does no require the total skill sets that match, any/any, Service Rifle, or Palma divisions/class of NRA LR require.

My experience has been different.

learning to shoot scoped rifles off a bipod has taught me that NPA and a correct (but different) prone position are key to being able to call your shots with accuracy.

Guess what? Just like shooting with a sling.

Other than that, trigger control and reading and reacting to conditions is the same shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: proneshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

If it was just like shooting with a sling then why not just shoot with a sling. Thing is, it's not just like shooting with a sling and no F-Class shooter is going to sling-up to prove me wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sterling Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: proneshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

If it was just like shooting with a sling then why not just shoot with a sling. Thing is, it's not just like shooting with a sling and no F-Class shooter is going to sling-up to prove me wrong. </div></div>
I also bet you won't prove yourself right by shooting their discipline and beating their asses at their own game since by your definition sling shooters have higher skills.

ETA: You still don't get it. Shooting off a bipod requires as much finesse as it does from a sling. It's just a different kind of finesse.

Something tells me that you've never shot a rifle off a bipod when precision and accuracy matters. But I could be wrong. I have been before.