• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This almost made me cry

ck1a

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2021
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I was loading some 9mm and the clear tube on my auto powder drop popped off and Titegroup went everywhere. I picked up all that I could, without any debris in it, but this amount had to be thrown away. Fortunately there wasn't much powder in the tube.

IMG_7908.jpg

Obviously you're going to go outside and light it, right? (Don't do that.)

Some grass and a couple lady bugs wont hurt a thing. pick out the big pieces, run a magnet over it then send it.

Reactions: 308pirate
I dropped 3 primers on the floor a few months ago

Me: Laying on floor trying to spot the little bastards

Wife: “what are you doing”

Me: “trying to find 3 primers”

Wife: “seriously?, just wait until you clean next time to find them”

Me: 😡 “No, YOU DONT UNDERSTAND!!!” 🤬

Reactions: ICU22250
I met with another member here to trade primers in parking lot. It looked entirely like a shady drug deal. I almost ran when the cops drove by.

I asked him to check just to make sure they were full. He opened the first one upside down. At least he did it slowly. Only about 10 primers fell, and we found all but one, but damn. Two grown men scouring the ground for each and every last primer. These are sad times indeed!

I have almost 9,000 primers on the shelf ... and I still panic when I drop one ... and immediately go into the "Flashlight Low Crawl".
Does that make me a "Hoarder"? Should I be looking for a 12-Step meeting?
(Me) "Hi, my name is Rusty and I can't find enough primers to feel safe."
(Them) "HI RUSTY !!!"

IMG_4342.jpg

I have almost 9,000 primers on the shelf ... and I still panic when I drop one ... and immediately go into the "Flashlight Low Crawl".
(Them) "HI RUSTY !!!"

View attachment 7567337
9000 on the shelf just means you are low on inventory, you're only going to be able to burn out 3 barrels with that inventory.

Obviously you're going to go outside and light it, right? (Don't do that.)

Yes do that. It's not scary or particularly dangerous, and we'd be better off as a society if more men still understood how to play with matches safely instead of this safety nazi era we're in now.

I dropped 3 primers on the floor a few months ago

Me: Laying on floor trying to spot the little bastards

Wife: “what are you doing”

Me: “trying to find 3 primers”

Wife: “seriously?, just wait until you clean next time to find them”

Me: 😡 “No, YOU DONT UNDERSTAND!!!” 🤬
LOLZZZ

Yeah, I dropped a few LR Magnum primers on the concrete garage floor once. "Meh, I'll get em later, whatever." Garage was closed. Loading things, being American, moved my chair and sat down.. *POPPP*.

HOLYSHITWHATTHEFUCK! Whew man! Ears ringing like a 22LR just went off in the garage. Scared the shit outta me.

Now, I pick up primers when they drop LOL.

9000 on the shelf just means you are low on inventory, you're only going to be able to burn out 3 barrels with that inventory.
The problem lies in the people (probably hundreds, if not thousands) that shoot 300-500 rounds a year and they are panic-buying thousands and thousands of primers. That shit bugs me. I know a few guys that are doing that.

Dropped primer/ejector spring pro tip. Overhead lights off, high lumen head lamp on, hands and knees; if dropped on carpet, for gods sake, tiptoe out of there like it’s a mine field. This will cut search time in half.

Edited to add; shag carpet, add approx 20-30 minutes per square foot of search area in addition to projected search time

The problem lies in the people (probably hundreds, if not thousands) that shoot 300-500 rounds a year and they are panic-buying thousands and thousands of primers. That shit bugs me. I know a few guys that are doing that.
You are absolutely correct, it is fun to come on here and make jokes about having three lifetimes of ammo and/or components but it isn't good for the market and to your point leads to the boom and bust cycles that the dealers and suppliers are then forced to deal with.

My wife told me I shouldn't go shoot today because I might not be able to get primers to reload later. I believe I'll shoot until I run out and hope the market supply has come back by then. I have just over 2k SRPs and that will get me through about 2 years, if the market doesn't stabilize over a two year span we are probably toast anyway.

(Them) "HI RUSTY !!!"

View attachment 7567337
If I only had 9K primers on the shelf I would have an anxiety attack every day... :cry:

Most all of us have had little mishaps like that. Most of mine have been from forgetting to close the drain on my ChargeMaster. It just hurts more during these times of shortages.

I keep a jar for odd powder that I take to the Deer Club. It makes a neat light show around the yard fire at night. This powder is mostly from duds and dropped loaded ammo that I find on the ground.

Reactions: ck1a
If you wrap a stocking around the end of the vacuum you can suck up powder and keep it. Ask me how I know.

Reactions: 502Chevelle
Get a knee high stocking, stick the end into the vacuum hose, hold it firmly, and vacuum away. Best to close at least one eye and squint with the other. You can also shoot primers out of a 22 cal air rifle, but you didn’t hear that from me!

Get a knee high stocking, stick the end into the vacuum hose, hold it firmly, and vacuum away. Best to close at least one eye and squint with the other. You can also shoot primers out of a 22 cal air rifle, but you didn’t hear that from me!
Do they go bang if they hit something?

Y’all are pussies. Just break out the vacuum, but wear your ear pro!🤪
Seriously what would you need ear pro for? You think the powder will go bang by itself?

And it’s the .177 cal pellet guns that you can shoot small rifle/pistol primers from. Yes they do go bang, if you hit something hard from close enough. You have to shoot a steel plate, concrete wall, etc; just a chunk of wood won’t do it usually.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶