• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns This can’t figure out what it is

lash

Swamp Rat
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2012
Central Florida
So which is this?
A lever gun?
A rifle?
An AR?
Wood stock?
AR hardware?

1679606643194.jpeg

That said, it might do well in a market flooded with Barbie doll toys for boys.

And it is almost reminiscent of a WW2 trench gun.

Reactions: reubenski
On the plus side, for those that like the action of a lever, the ease of use of a magazine feed and the interchangeability of AR uppers, this could be a thing.

.....a little more information from a technical Manual I authored on the original Trench gun (Model 97) / Winchester Model (19)12 and its normal slam fire design. They did not have a trigger disconnector.

Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 6.51.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 6.51.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 6.52.49 PM.png

Would it kill the industry to simply make a normal lever action in modern cartridges like 9x19mm, 350 Legend, and 450 BM?

During the last 20 years of unprecedented gun ownership and sales, Marlin, Remington, colt and Winchester went out of business. Some more than once.

Obviously, those companies were run by complete idiots

• Haha
Reactions: E. Bryant and lash
Would it kill the industry to simply make a normal lever action in modern cartridges like 9x19mm, 350 Legend, and 450 BM?
I’ve been bugging Henry for a 350 Legend Lever for years. I guess the rebated rim was the holdup, because they’ve now decided to release two levers and a single shot in 360 Buckhammer, Remington’s answer to the 350 Legend, but with a standard rim.

So which is this?
A lever gun?
A rifle?
An AR?
Wood stock?
AR hardware?

View attachment 8103599

That said, it might do well in a market flooded with Barbie doll toys for boys.

And it is almost reminiscent of a WW2 trench gun.
Looks about right for people living in places where legislation does not approve of semi-autos and pistol grips.

Reactions: lash
I’ve been bugging Henry for a 350 Legend Lever for years. I guess the rebated rim was the holdup, because they’ve now decided to release two levers and a single shot in 360 Buckhammer, Remington’s answer to the 350 Legend, but with a standard rim.

Considering that the Ruger Long Ranger is chambered in .223 and a variety of cartridges with a 0.473" (308 Win) boltface, it seems that 350 Legend and 450 BM would be pretty straightforward. I'm personally much more interested in those modern cartridges than the older blackpowder cartridges that are difficult or impossible to find nowadays.

Reactions: lash