• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This case works well with STR-80 spotter

FS1

Unbalanced
Minuteman
  • Mar 24, 2014
    Earth
    Made by K-Gear It is a bit too big around but wrapping optic in an old bath towel works. But I ordered some cross linked poly foam and lined the inside to take up the slack. I will have it sewn into some nylon fabric to keep the foam in good shape.

The case is 134.00 from KGear Model E976. you may find it cheaper if you buy through a camera store? The backpack option is $43.00 (they have slings too) the feet for tripod $9.00 strap for tripod $3.00. Little pouch on front is nicley padded for lenses $36.00. Shipping $30.00 only $15 if west of Rockies.

This case works well and packs nice. Just a heads up.
    Case-front-1.jpg

Case-inside-foam.jpg

Case-top-3.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: gnatmm
    Another good option for an STR-80 case is this one from LaRue Tactical:

The STR-80 scope fits nicely in this case, even with all three pic rails and the eyepiece attached. The zipper is a little tight around the reticle housing, but not to the point of bursting seams or anything. The padding is quite good as well.

This is the one I got for my STR. Around $70. Fits perfect, good protection. No mods needed.