• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns This dude just shot himself...

Timo Turl

Minuteman
May 24, 2010
...but don't worry, his training took over !
laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE&feature=related

Re: This dude just shot himself...

There are a couple of these threads going in the Bear Pit...epic FAIL on that guy's part...EPIC!!

Well, I've never been a Serpa hater, but this here lends quite a bit of credibility to what a lot of the Serpa haters have been saying all along.
Good post, many lessons learned here.

this is the 3rd time I've seen this on the hide

I loved this comment somebody left, LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Practice like you play man..... you shoulda dropped to your back and unloaded on the target. Don't get in the habit of giving up after you get shot. As bad practice caused this negligent discharge....bad practice will keep you from shooting the bad guy who gets off the first shot."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I've never been a Serpa hater, but this here lends quite a bit of credibility to what a lot of the Serpa haters have been saying all along.
Good post, many lessons learned here. </div></div>

Not sure how this is the fault of the holster. He placed his finger in the trigger guard before his weapon was clear of his body.

Bad enough with a double action or safe action pistol. REALLY bad with a cocked and locked 1911. That is why you practice that shit with an empty gun.

Same video is in Maggies Drawer..."I don't blame the holster, I blame myself"... well no shit dude...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, I've never been a Serpa hater, but this here lends quite a bit of credibility to what a lot of the Serpa haters have been saying all along.
Good post, many lessons learned here. </div></div>

Wasn't the holsters fault. Serpa holsters tend to help you avoid stupid shit like this if you use them correctly and know what you're doing.

Loved how he called his parents before 911...lmao

It'll happen to him again.

About half-way between the holster and the point where he is supposed to have pointed the gun horizontal is the point at which he pulled the trigger, contrary to his irresponsible explanation of how the accident happened.

I know you all saw the dumbass Fed agent shoot himself in the foot with his service pistol in a room of school children. So embarrassing.

Love that guy!

...and he was the only one in the room professional enough to handle a gun.
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">his training took over and he called his parents lol </div></div>
He would have only called 911 first if he shot his dick off.

He was using FMJ's?? What a pussy. Actually would have been interesting to see if he'd be walking if a hydroshock had gone through his thigh like that.

Branden

Fu@#ing OUCH!!!

I have a friend who is.......well lets say a bit of a mall ninja. Has every piece of tactical gear conceived , and most firearms developed. He was doing the very same thing, practicing his draw and shoot technique. same exact demonstration except he used jacketed HPs and put one through the top of his foot.

yep, sometimes stupid hurts.

I was taught that you must draw your weapon and keep your finger off your trigger until you are ready to fire!!! Was he willing to shoot himself for the camera???

Wow! I wonder what the bad guy does when you shoot yourself?

Accidents do happen, but I'm sorry, the gun did not fire itself.

He is very fortunate. He may well have bled to death if it hit an artery.

I'm just glad his training kicked in and he called his Mama and Daddy.

Well with skills like his he needs Kevlar pants.

I tried a Serpa holster and hated it because of the finger retention device, not because I ever came close to shooting myself, but because I just could never retrain myself to hit that release 100% of the time.

On the shooter here, I am cautious to call someone who had an AD a dumbass, no matter how neglegent he may have been. I would rather look at exactly what happened and ensure that it never happens to me or a student that I am instructing.

It takes a lot for someone to post a video like that of him making an ass of himself. Take the video as a learning tool of what not to do.

"After the gun went off my training took over", like indexing his finger at 1:08 in the video.

I have heard that early SERPA's had some issues with shooters pushing the tab withdrawing the handgun and their booger hook going into the trigger area, I have never used one however.

I also have been on the range and after shooting a 1911 I had to think about my Glock not having a safety on the frame, my thumb was sweeping down on a non existent safety on the Glock. I carry a Glock now for work and play. I still shoot other weapons quite a bit, but I use the same side arm for my primary training that I carry for duty and off duty. In the same IWB holster.

Sobering. AD's do happen! You gotta keep that finger off that trigger until you are on target, plain and simple.

I wonder if there was a poll taken how many people would actually fess up to their AD's?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtwodogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sobering. AD's do happen! You gotta keep that finger off that trigger until you are on target, plain and simple.

I wonder if there was a poll taken how many people would actually fess up to their AD's? </div></div>

Just to make sure we are all clear...

That was NOT, REPEAT NOT, an "accidental discharge" by any means!!!!!

It WAS, however, a <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">NEGLIGENT</span></span> DISCHARGE...plain and simple!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think his Oldman had a "negligent discharge"!
laugh.gif
</div></div>Hahaha no doubt, good call... He said he did NOT post this vid to get ridiculed... Never said shit about his daddy though did he

Yeah he might be a dipshit, but him taking time out to document it and warn other dipshits is a good thing.

We had a guy in our CCW class that touched one off and went through the table top in the shooting range. This same guy always came to class decked out in SWAT garb. All black with his 6 pocket pants. I asked him if he carried first aid supplies in all his spare pockets. He did not think it was funny and I told him shooting holes in range equipment was not funny either.

I always wondered if anyone has ever been kicked out or failed a CCW class? This one person should not carry a BB gun.

there not a pd or so in the world without a hole somewhere in the locker room!

yah use it as a training tool but then ridicule the douche till he wont forget to index!

there not a pd or so in the world without a hole somewhere in the locker room!

yah use it as a training tool but then ridicule the douche till he wont forget to index!

Some people just shuld not be allowed to shoot firearms... duh.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtwodogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sobering. AD's do happen! You gotta keep that finger off that trigger until you are on target, plain and simple.

I wonder if there was a poll taken how many people would actually fess up to their AD's? </div></div>

Just to make sure we are all clear...

That was NOT, REPEAT NOT, an "accidental discharge" by any means!!!!!

It WAS, however, a <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">NEGLIGENT</span></span> DISCHARGE...plain and simple!!! </div></div>
Splittin hairs the gun went off, and it was unintentional
Plain and Simple
http://www.militarydictionary.com/definition/accidental-discharge.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think his Oldman had a "negligent discharge"!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

That's an instant classic right there, Turk!!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtwodogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Splittin hairs the gun went off, and it was unintentional
Plain and Simple
http://www.militarydictionary.com/definition/accidental-discharge.html </div></div>

If it makes you feel warm and fuzzy to refer to it as an "accident" regardless of how you define the term, what happened was NEGLIGENCE on the shooter's part all the way around and it could have and should have been avoided. Plenty of things happen that are "unintentional" but are nevertheless negligent. You drive 90MPH down a back country road and run over a little old man crossing the road...that is certainly an accident...but you are still a negligent dumbass for driving the car that way in the first place! No different than negligently operating a firearm in a reckless, unsafe and generally stupid manner and accidentally shooting yourself in the leg.

STUPID SHOULD HURT and this idiot confirms that old adage! At least he had the balls to step up and admit he F---ed up.

Holy shit. I feel bad for the guy. I did laugh though. And showed it to other people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cal50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We had a guy in our CCW class that touched one off and went through the table top in the shooting range. This same guy always came to class decked out in SWAT garb. All black with his 6 pocket pants. I asked him if he carried first aid supplies in all his spare pockets. He did not think it was funny and I told him shooting holes in range equipment was not funny either.

I always wondered if anyone has ever been kicked out or failed a CCW class? This one person should not carry a BB gun. </div></div>

ROFL. That's great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rebelmatt79</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I loved this comment somebody left, LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Practice like you play man..... you shoulda dropped to your back and unloaded on the target.&#65279; Don't get in the habit of giving up after you get shot. As bad practice caused this negligent discharge....bad practice will keep you from shooting the bad guy who gets off the first shot."
</div></div>

That is classic!!

What?!?! Do my eyes deceive me?! This can't be real. Everyone knows that anyone shot with a .45 immediately dies or is dismembered. This man claims to be shot at point blank range and continues to exist? He even moves around afterwards without dragging his leg behind him? It must be his obvious high level of Delta training. Or maybe, just maybe shot placement trumps caliber? Nah, he is obviously Delta.

Anyone else think it sounded like a dum dum wound?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve_Aryan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What?!?! Do my eyes deceive me?! This can't be real. Everyone knows that anyone shot with a .45 immediately dies or is dismembered. This man claims to be shot at point blank range and continues to exist? He even moves around afterwards without dragging his leg behind him? It must be his obvious high level of Delta training. Or maybe, just maybe shot placement trumps caliber? Nah, he is obviously Delta. </div></div>

No it was an FMJ, not a hollow point. His leg would be completely disintegrated had it been an HP...LOL.

Good point though for all those ".45 has the knock down power and everything else is a pussy round mall ninjas". I have seen a video of a lady getting car jacked running around her vehicle while being shot with a .45; never did knock her down.

4 points

1. Dry fire drills, dry fire drills, dry fire drills.

2. Finger straight and off the trigger.

3. When you are working on a technique like this start slow and reinforce the proper mechanics. Then move to full speed.

4. What the fuck is defensive about putting your left hand on the back of your head and pointing your elbow at your attacker?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bjdm151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">4 points

...4. What the fuck is defensive about putting your left hand on the back of your head and pointing your elbow at your attacker?</div></div>
Nothing, that's just what some people teach to keep shooters from shooting their support hand when doing index drills.

He now switched speeds:
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ISwY__nSzlA&feature=relmfu"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ISwY__nSzlA&feature=relmfu" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
I like the comment: "son of a bitch i just speared myself"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">his training took over and he called his parents lol</div></div>

MOM!!!!!!! OUCH !!!!!!! MOM!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He now switched speeds:
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ISwY__nSzlA&feature=relmfu"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ISwY__nSzlA&feature=relmfu" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
I like the comment: "son of a bitch i just speared myself" </div></div>
Bahahahahhaha! Now that is funny.