• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing This guy can shoot!!!

Re: This guy can shoot!!!

It appears his scope is backwards and he is sighting through the objective end instead of the eye piece. I don't recognize the scope he is using although he is wearing the Aimpoint hat.

It looks like he is using an Aimpiont, hence the hat

Damn good shooting though, just imagine if he had a semi auto LOL

Holy shit.. i wish i could hit running targets as easy as he makes it look.

Just caught that one over at 6mm BR / Accurate Shooter:

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2011...with-sauer-202/

Commentary is goofy, but going 5 out of 7 on pigs running at full speed from an unsupported standing position is pretty good in my book!

I see stuff like this and it reminds me of how much I need to work on my positional shooting skills!

Best of Luck,
M Richardson

Great shooting...and inspiring. I live in Ohio and we are getting over run with wild hogs, like most of the country. I see signs of them, and can hear them when out hunting. I have never seen that many running around in a pack in the middle of the day. I think that they must being "driving" them like deer to get them to move around like that.

Perhaps we will give that a try!

I'm thinking that the Ruger "GunSite" .308 would be an excellent choice for this application, or perhaps an 1894 or 336.

he does shoot well, although i would recommend for him to, "get his can on."

Yeah the guy can shoot alright. Check him out in this other video.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J160n0Wfna0&feature=colike"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J160n0Wfna0&feature=colike" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Reminds me of our deer drives we used to put on here in Ohio. Of course we were using slug guns and not rifles. Nothing matches the action except for rough grouse hunting atleast for me. Nice shooting to the gentleman in the video. It seems the art of hitting running targets has diminished but so has hunting small game and this is where a lot of these basic skills are learned and kept sharp!
Great Post!

This guy's dunkin pigs with a quickness. Nose plant after face slide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> although i would recommend for him to, "get his can on." </div></div>

Not for the shootin he's doin. His rifle seems very well balanced, why ruin that with a can hangin off the front. Nope, let that son of a bitch bark. Plus, how many of those rounds do you think the suppressor can handle consecutively?

That is incredible. I've never seen anything like it. Gives me a new level of excellence to aspire to that I never thought was humanly possible. Wow...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">serious nose dives, the 7mag puts a hurt on pigs. </div></div>
Nothing to do with the 7mag.

We (North Americans) shoot them behind the shoulder in the boiler room....So they run a little way.
African and Europeans shoot for bone...More effective, but tough as hell on meat.

I used to have a friend who could shoot like that. I hated hunting with him because he could drop a couple deer before i could get a shot off.

We used to hunt whitetail by driving around in a 4x4 till we saw game. Then jump out and shoot them or commence a stalk. He and I both used to shoot Rem 760 .30-06's. He could have the truck in park,be out of the truck, the magazine in the magwell, a round in the chamber and two deer down before I could have a deer in the scope.

This was when you could "party hunt" i.e. tag an animal shot by another person and shoot more than one animal in a season.

He was a fantastic shot on running game and always hit them in the lungs, neck, or head. I on the other hand would tend to shoot them..in the ass. Hey when you're new to shooting or not accustomed to shooting running game. Oh well that's the excuse that I'm sticking to.

I ended up building 10 targets to practice on running game. You get a large diameter motorcycle tire and fasten a piece of sheet metal to the inside of it about 4 inches wide to the inside of the tire. Tied on with wire. To the sheet metal you can tape paper or cardboard so the entire inside of the tire is a solid target. Then with a safe backdrop and a moderate sloping hill a buddy would roll the tires one at a time down the hill and a shooter would fire at the targets(tires) rolling down the hill. Typically you can get off 3-4 shots per target(tire) and let the rifle cool off for a minute or two between tires. Since we both shot the same make of rifle each guy would take turns shooting using both rifles. While the other guy would roll the tires.

My friend really didn't need the practice. But eventually I got better.That friend died about 15 years ago.

my jaw hit the ground on that one...my hats off to that gentleman.

that is one of the hunting aimpoints; not on backwards....even if it was, who can argue with the results

That guy is hell on hogs with a bolt rifle! Hell I couldn't make that many hits with an AR 10. Good for him!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 40gr Yote Pill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This guy's dunkin pigs with a quickness. Nose plant after face slide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> although i would recommend for him to, "get his can on." </div></div>

Not for the shootin he's doin. His rifle seems very well balanced, why ruin that with a can hangin off the front. Nope, let that son of a bitch bark. Plus, how many of those rounds do you think the suppressor can handle consecutively?

</div></div>

It's a bolt gun ...a suppressor would handle that and some.

He also says in the video to have it fitted....cost no object, my rifle is set up with a titanium can and balanced to boot! Not all suppressors weigh 3lbs...
</div></div>

To each his own I guess. But I have personally witnessed a Gemtech blow up after 5 rapid shots(like the ones you see in the vid) from a 300wm bolt gun. So it is possible whether you think so, or not.

fear and respect the man that only shoots one rifle. This guy exemplifies this notion that i've always held true.

Prior to adding the 308 to my lineup, i had only shot a 22mag, and 50-80 yard squirrels are the norm in my patch. usually shooting without support, not bragging, but this rifle fits me, and i just have a "feel" for where the bullets are going to land. the scope i have on it is a turd, but it works for me and I loathe the thought of the day i have to change it.

this video is superb proof that some guys can do with a bolt what many can't do with a semi. Great shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: X-fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">serious nose dives, the 7mag puts a hurt on pigs. </div></div>
Nothing to do with the 7mag.

We (North Americans) shoot them behind the shoulder in the boiler room....So they run a little way.
African and Europeans shoot for bone...More effective, but tough as h
ell on meat. </div></div>

I have to disagree, Would those pigs be piling up like that if they were shot with a .223? Hell no, .243? No, Shot placement is important, but Ive seen what a 7mag does to game, over and over again. The 7mag has alot to do with it.

Holy crap!

I'd like to think all that is going to end up as some delicious bacon, but will prolly be some nasty blood bratwurst or other bizarre German perversion smothered in sauerkraut and mustard.

I couldn't kill that many pigs if they ran through a field of land mines. That guy is a machine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 40gr Yote Pill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

he wouldn't ruin anything with a Ti can, xcept for more pigs... a suppressor would last just as long as his barrel would + he could get rid of his muffs... obviously you haven't see any of our vids.

I saw that several days ago, it is some very impressive shooting!

That was great shooting !! That kid has skills. I'd love to try some pig hunting someday.

Short story: when I was a teenager I was hunting with my dad and grandfather. Dad hunts with a Springfileld O3A3 action on a rifle he built. I'm with grandpa and across the ravine we hear 5 rapid-fire shots. I said that couldn't be dad since that shooter was using a semi-auto. "Thats your dad." said grandpa. Sure enough it was. My dad could cycle the action of that bolt 30-06 faster than I can dream of.

Just plain ol' gettin' the job done right there. Dude is the real deal right there.