• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

this is beginning to piss me off.

dmiller369

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2012
where can i get some IMR 4895.

looking for 1 lb or 8 lb jug.

im not try to be the asshole buying it all up. i would just like be be able to reload and shoot. what a joke.

Re: this is beginning to piss me off.

No idea where you're from, but I'd help ya out if you're close to SW KS.

You and everyone else.

It's beyond ridiculous.

Large rifle primers might as well be hens teeth anymore.

I just happen to know a guy that got 20000 large rifle in anticipation of this issue
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You and everyone else.

It's beyond ridiculous.

Large rifle primers might as well be hens teeth anymore.</div></div>

cabelas has it backorder but estimates they will have it in 2 weeks or less if that helps

My local shop had plenty of IMR4895 and H4895, but no Varget this weekend. If you're located around W GA / E AL, shoot me a PM.

Have all powders at the mom and pop gun shopp 15 mins away. But dont know where your at.

With it being on backorder doesn't help out.That just means that the ones who paid for it on backorder and the lucky ones get it.You have to stay on the computer 24/7 to get lucky.

I just watched 5 million CCI primers go in less than two days.( at PowderValley )

just hope it gets better and not worse

idea for ya,you might need to go to a VV powder.As of now its the only powder that one can get.N150-N165 should be a choice for ya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5R milspec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With it being on backorder doesn't help out.That just means that the ones who paid for it on backorder and the lucky ones get it.You have to stay on the computer 24/7 to get lucky.

I just watched 5 million CCI primers go in less than two days.( at PowderValley )

just hope it gets better and not worse

idea for ya,you might need to go to a VV powder.As of now its the only powder that one can get.N150-N165 should be a choice for ya </div></div>

thanks for the advice, My gun loves the imr 4895 i guess ill hold out for now untill this caos dies down.

Popular powders are getting hard to find just about everywhere. I swapped three ar15 magazines for 1.5 pounds of Varget, and was grateful I had a friend willing to help me out.

N135 will do anything that IMR 4895 will do, and in 308 N150 can replace Varget, same charges with a 175 and 155 give nearly identical performance for me. But it's a finicky powder in the heat. Looks good, bump up looks good, bump up again and you suddenly have pressure issues. Not as gradual a warning as Varget. But it is a very accurate powder in 308. N135 is outstanding in 30/06 and 223. N140 works very well in all of them and is close to RE15 in speed and size. N150 and 160 also work well in 243. HTH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2ndPanzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">N135 will do anything that IMR 4895 will do, and in 308 N150 can replace Varget, same charges with a 175 and 155 give nearly identical performance for me. But it's a finicky powder in the heat. Looks good, bump up looks good, bump up again and you suddenly have pressure issues. Not as gradual a warning as Varget. But it is a very accurate powder in 308. N135 is outstanding in 30/06 and 223. N140 works very well in all of them and is close to RE15 in speed and size. N150 and 160 also work well in 243. HTH </div></div>

My whole thing is i found the exact powder,bullet weight, seating depth and everything that works perfect in my gun. When i can shoot well i can pull .5 groups and sometimes better. call me lazy but i just dont want to/ dont have the time to develop a new load.

in other words if it aint broke dont fix it. Im sure there are greater powders out there but i'm new to reloading and i finally got to the point where i developed a great round and i just want to crank out a few hundred.

(soory for typing errors, its a little hard to do this on a phone)

You know what the funny thing is? I could offer to sell you some, without knowing when I would get any more and what price I would pay. I could offer to sell you some at say $75 per K and get run out of town on a rail, and talked about like I was some gouging asshat. And herein lies the problem. On the same note I am not about to tell the internet where I can walk in the door and get a brick of primers. As sure as I tell you there will simply be another empty shelf that gets watched every week for MORE...MORE....MORE!!!

I am a salesman for a shooting sports wholesaler (and no, we don't have any powder or primers so don't even ask). Unless the demand for loaded ammo drops from it's current highest level ever, components are going to be scarce.

The manufacturers will be making what they have the most orders for. Much of the powder and primer manufacturing will be focused on what is needed for loaded ammo. This same thing happened after the original ban, and again after Obama was elected. It seems that primers go first, then powder, then the rest of the components. Brass was scarce before any of this began so it is already behind.

As for pricing, this industry has some of the lowest markups in retail. Basically, we don't get rich. Of course there are some who are raising prices extremely high simply because they have no idea when they'll get anymore to sell and the market will bear it at this time. It stinks for sure but it is the nature of a free market economy.

I wish it was better but for now it's going to be rough.

Charlie