• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This is scary/bothersome

ubet

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2008
Commifornia no longer
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1gqShQTSDCM&feature=player_embedded#at=77"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1gqShQTSDCM&feature=player_embedded#at=77" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

To all your service members, is this truly a growing thing? Have you guys witnessed evidence of this?

If so, I think that this is scary, our streets are going to just a hair more dangerous.

Re: This is scary/bothersome

Oh man, this is far from new. I think it's pretty common for bangers to join up. I personally saw lots of tagging in the heads and other random places and being from and shipping out of Albuquerque, I know I shipped with several (or posers)...

Oh, thouught I had seen it before, but was curious about it

On the other hand, how do I embed a yt video?

They're tagging blown up tanks and walls in Afghanistan? Seems it would be easy to weed those guys out. "Everyone with totally awesome spray painting skills to the front, please."

I might be more concerned with those guys bringing their training home to the gangs.

They started doing this back in the late 90's. We started having problems with drug shipments on the highways with prior service guys using map overlays, decoy vehicles, spotter vehicles, etc.

The double edged sword. Is this gang banger joining to better himself or to learn skills to take back to the streets? How do you weed out the good from the bad? I remember gang members on Ft. Lewis back in the late 80's early 90's.

We have 3 major carriers in, and one of them had a VERY bad gang problem ON THE SHIP.

how do you have a gang on a us navy vessel?

it happened...

There is 10k gang members in the US military. Apparently there is nothing to stop a service member from also being an active gang member as long as they dont break the law. There was a Gang Land episode on this a while back.

Good training if you want to join a RIP crew or kidnap for ransom. Local LE is seeing more and more of this.

Completely unacceptable!

Get caught throwing up gang signs (in a NCO club for christs sake..I mean seriously WTF?) or tagging shit - straight to the hole do not pass go. Want to be a banger...get the boot to the street with no money, no home...nothing. Let your "homies" help you make it once the military turns you out...dishonorable pieces of shit...

Systemic problem. When you are bringing up a generation of kids with no father figure, only other criminal males to look up to.

Well a rather simple way to put a damper on gang activity whether in the military or not is to simply de-criminalize drugs. Prohibition does not work whether it's alcohol prohibition or drug prohibition.

Blueclawz has it right. So do some others.

How does that phrase go..?

"NO QUARTER" I believe. May lose something in translation though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IdahoMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is 10k gang members in the US military. Apparently there is nothing to stop a service member from also being an active gang member as long as they dont break the law. There was a Gang Land episode on this a while back. </div></div>

10,000 is just a made up number though, as they needed a hard number for the gang land episode you mentioned. Thats the only place I have heard the 10,000 number mentioned, every other place has said there is no way to tell how many are in the military. I'd be willing to bet there is a HELL of a lot more than 10,000.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: importsstillsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well a rather simple way to put a damper on gang activity whether in the military or not is to simply de-criminalize drugs. Prohibition does not work whether it's alcohol prohibition or drug prohibition.</div></div>
That is just friggin' stupid. We teach kids to not smoke cigarettes but you would be fine with heroin, or meth? Have you seen what these drugs do to people?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: importsstillsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well a rather simple way to put a damper on gang activity whether in the military or not is to simply de-criminalize drugs. Prohibition does not work whether it's alcohol prohibition or drug prohibition.</div></div>
That is just friggin' stupid. We teach kids to not smoke cigarettes but you would be fine with heroin, or meth? Have you seen what these drugs do to people? </div></div>

teaching the dangers of things is totally different than making them illegal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: importsstillsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well a rather simple way to put a damper on gang activity whether in the military or not is to simply de-criminalize drugs. Prohibition does not work whether it's alcohol prohibition or drug prohibition.</div></div>
That is just friggin' stupid. We teach kids to not smoke cigarettes but you would be fine with heroin, or meth? Have you seen what these drugs do to people? </div></div>

Have you not seen what the "drug war" has done to our country? Have you not seen the violent gangs that it single handedly created? (just like, oh ya know, the last time we attempted prohibition)

Well you know at one time there were no illegal drugs and we didn't have a gang problem then. We have been raise through the "War on Drugs" and it hasn't gotten better; it's just got worse. The one thing I see is that government uses the War on Drugs to get bigger, i.e. DEA. Just I thought.

If we could stop this stupid war on murder and just make it legal we could cut down of the overcrowding of prisons and reduce global warming through population control. Just think of all the useless people we could eliminate while at the same time reduce urban sprawl through planned increases in overdoses. OK guys you convinced me I will pick up some crack for my 12 year old on the way home.
smile.gif

C'mon guys...

Think of the children!

As we all know, if the government ends their fake little drug "war" all children in this country will become hopelessly addicted to drugs within one week!!!

So, to all you people that don't support the "drug war" let me ask you this...why do you hate children?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If we could stop this stupid war on murder and just make it legal we could cut down of the overcrowding of prisons and reduce global warming through population control. Just think of all the useless people we could eliminate while at the same time reduce urban sprawl through planned increases in overdoses. OK guys you convinced me I will pick up some crack for my 12 year old on the way home.
smile.gif
</div></div>

as a parent, do you teach you 12 year old that crack is bad because of the affects it has or simply because it is illegal? if crack was legal, do you think your child would use it?

Earth becoming FUBAR... Kinda feel the need for more bullets and training haha... Seriously though WTF? We need things to get better not worse but this place is going to the dumps, fast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Earth becoming FUBAR... Kinda feel the need for more bullets and training haha... Seriously though WTF? We need things to get better not worse but this place is going to the dumps, fast. </div></div>

+1...and legalizing drugs sure as hell wouldn't help things get better. If drugs were legalized, you'd see more broken homes and junkies. Don't think so? Alcoholism is a prime example.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Earth becoming FUBAR... Kinda feel the need for more bullets and training haha... Seriously though WTF? We need things to get better not worse but this place is going to the dumps, fast. </div></div>

+1...and legalizing drugs sure as hell wouldn't help things get better. If drugs were legalized, you'd see more broken homes and junkies. Don't think so? Alcoholism is a prime example. </div></div>

do you honestly think that there are people out there that don't do crack or heroine simply because it is illegal? i have a feeling the people that will use crack or heroine will use it regardless of the legality.

i am not sure how the government has any say about what we choose to put into OUR OWN bodies.

Drugs = Jobs. Do you really want to take jobs away from people. Make drugs legal, and you put a lot of people out of work in lower income areas. What are they going to do. Plus all those people who's job it is to catch those who's job it is to distribute drugs, they would be out of work also. We can't afford the lay offs in this economy.

There should be an enhancement on violent crimes committed by gang members who have military training. All their benefits should be revoked as well if convicted.

Another thing: CIA runs most the cocaine into this country from Columbia. They laundered the money through Wells Fargo. Look up Rick Ross aka Freeway Ricky.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Earth becoming FUBAR... Kinda feel the need for more bullets and training haha... Seriously though WTF? We need things to get better not worse but this place is going to the dumps, fast. </div></div>

+1...and legalizing drugs sure as hell wouldn't help things get better. If drugs were legalized, you'd see more broken homes and junkies. Don't think so? Alcoholism is a prime example. </div></div>

do you honestly think that there are people out there that don't do crack or heroine simply because it is illegal? i have a feeling the people that will use crack or heroine will use it regardless of the legality.

<span style="font-weight: bold">i am not sure how the government has any say about what we choose to put into OUR OWN bodies.</span></div></div>

How about when the person becomes doped up and out of their mind begins to put OTHERS in danger because they're a dumbass and have little, if any, control of your actions when you're under the influence? In that moment, they have little disregard for human life or for that matter, their own safety.

Then, it becomes the job of the government to keep the citizens safe from those who cannot think for themselves and put others in harms way, because <span style="font-style: italic">"it feels good maaaaaan!"</span>

Or, how about...after the addicts have done drugs to the point that their brain is like a pile of pudding, they can't think for themselves, hold down a job, or become reduced to a vegetative state? Guess who gets to pay for it; the TAX PAYER!

But, hey...let's legalize drugs!

Man:

"Honey, I'm going to the store to get some milk, bread, and about a kilo of cocaine. Can I get you anything?"

Woman:

"Yeah, thanks for asking! Little Johnny hasn't been sleeping well. Pick up about a pound of weed and I'll make some weed brownies. While you're there, I could use about 10cc's of black tar heroine. Thanks babe!"

nothing of what you've described is any different than alcohol. Any if you've been to college you'd know the sheer volume of stupid shit that happens for other reason than alcohol was involved.

If you're worried about people doing things to other people and it needing the involvement of the Gov. to intervene then drugs is a latercomer to that particular party...

legalizing drugs would solve a LOT of the bullshit with these gangs, crime and other associated ills. It wouldn't however eradicate them. They'd move into gambling, prostitution, trafficking of people etc.

Personally I don't see why the military would even allow people with gang tats to join, it's practically a criminal resume on your skin.

Ok, so enough with the drug crap.

Cant the recruiters tell if they are bangers or not, when they walk in the door? I mean if they have gang tattoos on them, does the military still let them in? Would seem like one quick way to weed them out. Flashing gang signs, out...in fact, if you are part of a gang, $1k bounty on your head, brought in, dead or alive.... if we are going to throw money at things, might as well through it out there for a good cause
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Earth becoming FUBAR... Kinda feel the need for more bullets and training haha... Seriously though WTF? We need things to get better not worse but this place is going to the dumps, fast. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">i am not sure how the government has any say about what we choose to put into OUR OWN bodies.</span></div></div>

How about when the person becomes doped up and out of their mind begins to put OTHERS in danger because they're a dumbass and have little, if any, control of your actions when you're under the influence? In that moment, they have little disregard for human life or for that matter, their own safety.

Then, it becomes the job of the government to keep the citizens safe from those who cannot think for themselves and put others in harms way, because <span style="font-style: italic">"it feels good maaaaaan!"</span>

Or, how about...after the addicts have done drugs to the point that their brain is like a pile of pudding, they can't think for themselves, hold down a job, or become reduced to a vegetative state? Guess who gets to pay for it; the TAX PAYER!

But, hey...let's legalize drugs!

Man:

"Honey, I'm going to the store to get some milk, bread, and about a kilo of cocaine. Can I get you anything?"

Woman:

"Yeah, thanks for asking! Little Johnny hasn't been sleeping well. Pick up about a pound of weed and I'll make some weed brownies. While you're there, I could use about 10cc's of black tar heroine. Thanks babe!"

</div></div>

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

But...in case you weren't aware, this "drug war" has absolutely nothing to do with "safety" or whatever other such non-sense. It about power and control, keeping the government expanding, and keeping the politicains and their lobbiest friends' wallets and bank accounts fat. Nothing more.

I know its nice to think "oh, the government has our safety in mind and is trying to protect us" but that is pure fantasy. The people in the government couldn't give a fuck less about you or me or our "safety". They only care about themselves and what will make them richer and more powerful.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keyser Söze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I know its nice to think "oh, the government has our safety in mind and is trying to protect us" but that is pure fantasy. The people in the government couldn't give a fuck less about you or me or our "safety". They only care about themselves and what will make them richer and more powerful.</div></div>
That is painting with a pretty broad brush don't you think?

Whoopdy f'n doo! Another reason to paint all of us combat vets as threats to the Nation's safety. Hell, the way things are going we may have to become a threat to Big Brother or just bow down and ignore the infringement of our civil liberties. Can you say Patriot act? Im not wearing my aluminum foil hat right now. Cant recall when military tactics ever taught me the one man ambush technique. If that dumbass didnt call in a shots fired report and dummed it down to a call that didnt put the dpt on alert he wouldve had a more successful and deadly crime comitted. We need more bleach in the sess pool.

I saw some tags on various T Walls and Jersey barriers when I was overseas, but not a whole lot of them, then again it has been a few years now so I could be forgetting some of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, so enough with the drug crap.

Cant the recruiters tell if they are bangers or not, when they walk in the door? I mean if they have gang tattoos on them, does the military still let them in? Would seem like one quick way to weed them out. Flashing gang signs, out...in fact, if you are part of a gang, $1k bounty on your head, brought in, dead or alive.... if we are going to throw money at things, might as well through it out there for a good cause
smile.gif
</div></div> Speaking for the recruiters (USMC), at least when I was one in SW FL, every single tattoo had to be reviewed and approved. I had a book 3" thick from the local gang task force with pictures of all gang related tats that I had to reference for any potential matches, then send it up for waiver approval with statements. Anyone questionable I had to get a statement from the task force saying whether or not they were known to have any gang relations. ANY potential link to a gang was immediate and permanent DQ from joining. Most gang tats are in locations that permanently disqualify them anyhow, such as the hands, face or neck. I sent a few out of my office.

I never seen any gang activity or relations in the infantry, but on ship was a different matter. There was a brawl on the mess deck one night in port that was quite embarrassing to the Navy, and the brig was awfully full of guys on bread and water for seven days following that one. Gotta love the authority of a USN Captain at sea.....

I was in the Army Airborne Infantry (got out in 2004) and I saw plenty of gang activity, guys throwing gang signs in the mess hall, barracks, and at clubs, plenty of drug use, and meth labs in the barracks.

As an NCO if I saw or smelled dope in the barracks, I went straight to the commander and requested a piss test the following morning. I'll be damned if Im going to deploy or jump out of planes with people on dope.

Gang activity is every where, its like the war on drugs you are not going to stop it. The only way I see to help the problem is to report it each time you see it and slowly those people will be weeded out.

As far as tat's are concern I saw plenty of guys with the "3" small burn marks under their eye shaped in a pryamid. I saw plenty of gang tat's as well they just get waivers. Hell they let felons in the Army with waivers.

Before I forget our military is also helping the Afghan farmers grow opium that our CIA runs into our country.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: importsstillsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Before I forget our military is also helping the Afghan farmers grow opium that our CIA runs into our country.</div></div> Wow, so now you're calling our military drug runners? Proof?

Let me guess, Gen Petraeus did such a good job at it that is why he is getting moved to the CIA, right? That way he can really make a profit. Maybe it can help out on the national debt so I'm all for it.

Where did I put that roll of foil at.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: importsstillsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Before I forget our military is also helping the Afghan farmers grow opium that our CIA runs into our country.</div></div>

Dumbass2.jpg

tinfoil_hat.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: importsstillsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well a rather simple way to put a damper on gang activity whether in the military or not is to simply de-criminalize drugs. Prohibition does not work whether it's alcohol prohibition or drug prohibition.</div></div>

teaching the dangers of things is totally different than making them illegal. </div></div>

In the America I elieve in its about FREEDOM, and the right to make your own choices, even if those choices are bad for you. Not that I would encourage doing any drug but alcohol is far and away the most dangerous. Excepting ignorance. If you want a coompletely safe world then put everyone in a straight jacket the day they are born and hook them up to an IV line. No one will ever hurt themselves. Not much fun but hey....it safe. Wo what do ya want safety of freedom?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: importsstillsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.infowars.com/americas-phoney-war-in-afghanistan/

Read that</div></div> Wrong. Come on over here and see for yourself what is going on instead of reading it on conspiracy theory websites and then bring into question the honor of our troops and commanders on the battlefield. For shame.....

The US Military along with other agencies take down drug runners hauling TONS daily, especially this time of year.

Oh ok so our congress is made up of a bunch of conspiracy theorists? There are congressional hearings on this topic. You can also look up how the CIA has crashed planes loaded with cocaine. Alex Jones isn't a conspiracy theorist everything he has talked about has been pretty damn accurate. Sorry if that makes your butt hurt.

Oh ok so our congress is made up of a bunch of conspiracy theorists? There are congressional hearings on this topic. You can also look up how the CIA has crashed planes loaded with cocaine. Alex Jones isn't a conspiracy theorist everything he has talked about has been pretty damn accurate. Sorry if that makes your butt hurt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: importsstillsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh ok so our congress is made up of a bunch of conspiracy theorists? There are congressional hearings on this topic. <span style="font-weight: bold">You can also look up how the CIA has crashed planes loaded with cocaine. Alex Jones isn't a conspiracy theorist everything he has talked about has been pretty damn accurate.</span> Sorry if that makes your butt hurt.</div></div>

Roflcopter.gif

alexjoneso.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: importsstillsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alex Jones isn't a conspiracy theorist everything he has talked about has been pretty damn accurate</div></div>

Bwaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Hahahahahah!!!!!!

Hahahahaha! Hahahahahahaha! Hahahahahahahaaa!!!

*stops to catch breath*

Ahhh Hahahahahahah!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!

Nah, dat ders sum funny shit!