• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship This is what I mean about Outta Square

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    So I was checking out the Interwebs this afternoon and I came across this picture

Es8CW3bVEAInQXA.jpeg

Think about the recoil pulse back and the direction of the rifle based off the pivot points of the bipod.

We talk about rifles Hopping or move off target, part of that takes guidance from the bipod, it's sets the direction of travel

Study the image consider what directions that rifle will move

These are the things we see when opening up an image of this style

My eyes won't even let me line up what should be vertical on that one.
    1. I understand its unevenish ground
    2. The Harris mounted to the stock on sling swivel even doesn't appear to match what should be
    3. The legs look like one of shanksters girls sat on them

The fun side is it looks like the barrel touches the stock, fired cases wrong side in theory, he can't hear what your telling him anymore, and I swear I have been looking at it for atleast a min and he's holding his breath!

So I was checking out the Interwebs this afternoon and I came across this picture

View attachment 7541553

Think about the recoil pulse back and the direction of the rifle based off the pivot points of the bipod.

We talk about rifles Hopping or move off target, part of that takes guidance from the bipod, it's sets the direction of travel

Study the image consider what directions that rifle will move

These are the things we see when opening up an image of this style
    The fudd crowd has no clue that anyone would even be able to stay on target through recoil. A guy on IG posted a video a while back to demo how to shoot long range like the pros.

He turned 60 degrees from the target and wrapped himself around the rifle on a bench. It must have been a Win Mag or something because it looked like it scared the shit out of him as the rifle flailed under recoil. He wakes up after a 1 second blackout and frantically searches in the scope to figure out where his target is.

One guy commented, “wow look how he naturally starts trying to find the target right after recoil!” 🤦🏼‍♂️

The other odd thing is what appear to be the rubber bipod feet detached and on the ground.

• Haha
    Reactions: 308pirate
    Difficult to tell, almost looks like the scope is slightly out of level relative to the rifle. Could just be strange angle and small screen...

Hard to tell much from that picture. There is no line of reference anywhere. You can't even tell for sure if the scope is level to the rifle because the camera is very slightly to the right of the muzzle. You can see the very slight shiny ring off the barrel right side while the left is completely fuzzed out.

It looks like his body is bladed to the rifle. I see a lot of people do this. What started this trend?

It looks like his body is bladed to the rifle. I see a lot of people do this. What started this trend?
    Because that’s what feels “natural” when you get behind the rifle. Guys set the rifle on target and then attach themselves to it rather than the ground and that’s the most natural way to do it. Effective brakes allow this to work so guys think they’ve got it figured out.

Reactions: kriller134
    I don't think the scope is mounted level, so there's that. Left bipod leg looks further rearward than the front so I'd guess it's going to hop and his muzzle is going to swing to his left. He's also not straight behind it.

If he's on a clock and in an effed up shooting position because it's what the stage forced on him that's one thing, to set yourself up like this with time and opportunity ... 🤔

One thing and why I posted this image,

I don't know the context of the image other than marketing ...

However what we see, people mimic these images. Why are people shooting knee off a bipod still, because they either learned it a very long time ago, or they see a picture and copy it.

We notice this in classes all the time, ask a student, where you did you pick that up, saw it in a picture is not uncommon to hear

He’s angled to the left, the butt of the gun is gonna go right. The stock doesn’t appear to be in the shoulder pocket correctly, the butt will be pushed down. He isn’t using the rear bag correctly, the rifle is just sitting on it apposed to him actually controlling the butt with his hand and bag. The scope stuff everybody has already mentioned. (When I say left and right I’m talking about it as if you where standing behind him)

Last edited:
    If you think that's bad, have a look at how all the King of 2 mile guys shoot...
    Even worse, how they slap their triggers... ...and I get flamed for mentioning that the fundamentals would probably increase their hit percentage. Ain't nobody got time fuh DAT!

I have some really BAD KO2M images

Not even touching their cheek on the rifles, and that was a finale Top 10 shooter

Its why Brantley smoked them, and the F Class Team guys do better overall, most of them can't shoot.

Reactions: Tokay444
    One thing and why I posted this image,

I don't know the context of the image other than marketing ...

However what we see, people mimic these images. Why are people shooting knee off a bipod still, because they either learned it a very long time ago, or they see a picture and copy it.

We notice this in classes all the time, ask a student, where you did you pick that up, saw it in a picture is not uncommon to hear
    Looking at this picture something occurred to me; I really don’t know shit about the actual fundamentals of shooting.
    @lowlight When is your next shooting class that is close to Kansas? 😁