• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This is why I shop at Lowe's

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2019
USA
IMG_20190803_143718259_HDR.jpg

Way to go Lowe's!

What does language have to do with anything? I speak 3 languages, the sign sure looks like it's in English to me!
Because we're already catering to these fucks who are too lazy to learn the dominant language of the country.

If I move to France, I expect to become fluent in French. If I move to China, I expect to become fluent in Chinese. Same with any other country that has a dominant language established.

I’m not a fan or Lowes, or signage in spanish.

My local Home Depot has the exact same Veterans parking sign on a space near the pro entrance.

Last edited:
Despite owning hd stock, I won’t buy from them anymore due to new self checkout. Lowe’s or local shops only.

Reactions: oneshot86
Because we're already catering to these fucks who are too lazy to learn the dominant language of the country.

If I move to France, I expect to become fluent in French. If I move to China, I expect to become fluent in Chinese. Same with any other country that has a dominant language established.

Sure we predominately speak English here in the US, but there isn’t an official or mandated language in our country. Who fuckin cares if they have signs in ten languages? The majority of American adults barely have a grasp on the English language so I have no problem with those who speak other languages.

Lowe’s is a garbage store so signs are the least of their problems.

Reactions: 013

We must have learned English from Native Americans.

So what does have to do with Veteran parking?

You talk like immigrants are only coming from Central and South America.

I've lived in France. Most Frenchies talk to us "Americans" in English.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Home Depot has had those parking spaces for way longer than Losers has.
And also the 10% discount

Not I'm my neck of the woods.

Maybe my post should have ripped Lowe's a new one for just introducing Veteran parking.

Reactions: GONE BAD
Let’s all just take a moment to appreciate on base parking for the “Yard of the Month” winner.

To be honest, I’m just jelly because that bitch Debra keeps winning it.

On Memorial Day, my local Lowe’s had a veteran’s spot cordoned off for the fallen. It was gone the next day. Do it everyday and then I’ll know they mean it.

Thats awesome, how many languages dyou speak?

I can say 'Thank you' in 7. That goes a long way.

I speak passable, if not fluent, Spanish, and find that people will bend over backwards (no pun intended) to help because you've taken the time to learn their tongue.

Lowes sucks! I went there one day to buy about $100 worth of stuff, could not find most of what I needed in stock, tried to get someone to cut a board in half for me, was told no one that can operate the saw was working that day (WTF? is it that hard? I can operate the saw)

Left a cart with some stuff in it in the aisle, walked out

went to home depot, got everything i needed, had a guy right there ready to cut the wood
Had the most pleasant experience talking and interacting with the employees

I went home, scanned in my home depot receipt emailed it to lowes customer service adn explained why they lost the sale that day (it was more like $200)

I got a canned reponse about how sorry they were for my bad experience and offered a 10% off coupon lol really? 10%

I told them to keep their coupon, I would be far more happy if they could FIX THEIR FUCKING SHITTY STORE!!
I went back about a month later, nothing changed, I sent another email
nothing has still changed
I do not shop at lowes anymore, 3 strikes and you are out

Sure we predominately speak English here in the US, but there isn’t an official or mandated language in our country. Who fuckin cares if they have signs in ten languages? The majority of American adults barely have a grasp on the English language so I have no problem with those who speak other languages.

Lowe’s is a garbage store so signs are the least of their problems.
I have no problems with other language on signs.. as long as English is biggest. Just like the American flag. Texas flag can fly same hight but every other state must fly below.

Lowes sucks! I went there one day to buy about $100 worth of stuff, could not find most of what I needed in stock, tried to get someone to cut a board in half for me, was told no one that can operate the saw was working that day (WTF? is it that hard? I can operate the saw)

went to home depot, got everything i needed, had a guy right there ready to cut the wood

I went home, scanned in my home depot receipt emailed it to lowes customer service adn explained why they lost the sale that day (it was more like $200)

I got a canned reponse about how sorry they were for my bad experience and offered a 10% off coupon lol really? 10%

I told them to keep their coupon, I would be far more happy if they could FIX THEIR FUCKING SHITTY STORE!!
I can't say that I've ever seen a human employee in either Lowes or HD around here, but HD carries Klein tools so I go there more often.

Dude if you ever need anything, don’t go to Lowe’s. That’s rule number one lol.

Lowes is alright. Home Depot is alright.
I live equal distance from either and shop at whichever one has what I need.
I do see a lot of people with their dogs in Home Depot. Never quite understood why people need to take their dogs with them to pickup and bag of potting soil or a flush valve.
The whole 'Service Dog" thing gets abused quite a bit around here.
"Attention Dog" seems to perhaps be a more applicable term.

Are we talking about Lowes? Last time I saw a piece of straight lumber there was ....well, never. Its a standing joke around here. We call their pressure treated stuff 'Rotquick brand'

Interesting. This must be a regional thing because around here lowes is GTG. HD is terrible.

Let’s all just take a moment to appreciate on base parking for the “Yard of the Month” winner.

To be honest, I’m just jelly because that bitch Debra keeps winning it.

LOL! And "Debra" is likely the first bitch on the line, when Base Housing is offering up free grass seed for the yards...bitch. :LOL:

Well played Reaper, well played. (y)

• Haha
Reactions: M8541Reaper
meh I dont really use anyt special veterans benefits except the discounts when offered, no parking shit, I dont like being separated from our people..

Fuck that, I kinda depend on 'em. If hadn't fucked myself up and could make the money I'd make if I weren't damaged, I wouldn't need a discount. But those discounts for vets make it so I can buy a nice optic or nice rifle or this or that if I save --sometimes it's just enough to make it doable.

So hats off to any and all mfg.'s and dealers that do this, and to prevent scams and shitbags taking advantage, I have zero problems sending in a DD214, VA card, mil ID Card, whatever, in order to prove legitimacy.

Being around two VA hospitals and two large bases, there's a lot of vets here and a lot of places have discounts or offer specials on holidays, etc. I do appreciate it and I know others that do too.

And you're not "separated from your people" no, it's their respect for what you did or were willing to do for and as one of them. That's the way I see it. It's often times non-vets as vets that offer these discounts, and IME they've always been happy to do it.

I do see a lot of people with their dogs in Home Depot. Never quite understood why people need to take their dogs with them to pickup and bag of potting soil or a flush valve.
The whole 'Service Dog" thing gets abused quite a bit around here.
"Attention Dog" seems to perhaps be a more applicable term.

Home Depot was dog friendly well before the service dog abuse crap. I worked there directly briefly in. 2002 and was in the stores daily 2003-2006, people brought dogs in routinely. I also don’t understand the need to bring the 4 legged shit machine everywhere at all times. I went to a local brewery with my wife Friday night, everyone and their dog was there, at least 20 on the patio. Most of the dogs were mellow, but some needed a bullet. One particular kick me dog was aggressively barking and snarling at every other dog in the place, made it hard to enjoy our meal. This crowd was mostly millennials and hipsters, but the ones that really bother me are the 55+ women who take their purse dog absolutely everywhere and have the service dog vest on it.

Home Depot was dog friendly well before the service dog abuse crap. I worked there directly briefly in. 2002 and was in the stores daily 2003-2006, people brought dogs in routinely. I also don’t understand the need to bring the 4 legged shit machine everywhere at all times. I went to a local brewery with my wife Friday night, everyone and their dog was there, at least 20 on the patio. Most of the dogs were mellow, but some needed a bullet. One particular kick me dog was aggressively barking and snarling at every other dog in the place, made it hard to enjoy our meal. This crowd was mostly millennials and hipsters, but the ones that really bother me are the 55+ women who take their purse dog absolutely everywhere and have the service dog vest on it.

But you do know that if they didn't bring them inside they would leave them in a hot car with the windows rolled up and doors locked!

Maybe these businesses realize this and are protecting the canines?

But you do know that if they didn't bring them inside they would leave them in a hot car with the windows rolled up and doors locked!

Maybe these businesses realize this and are protecting the canines?
My dog goes everywhere with me. But he’s well behaved trained and loves beer. At a brewery he’d be in a bar still drinking his own IPA. He’s my ride or die. I’d take him anywhere over my wife....don’t tell her though.

LOL! And "Debra" is likely the first bitch on the line, when Base Housing is offering up free grass seed for the yards...bitch. :LOL:

Well played Reaper, well played. (y)

?
Right? Hahahaha dude if I’m ever back at Ft. Bliss, I’m going to ONLY park in that spot.
?

Reactions: MarinePMI
While I do hate Lowe’s, I do like that they have the e-verify system for the Mil/vet discount and ties it to your Lowe’s account. That way you can use it for online purchases. I remodeled my house two years ago and saved a metric fuck ton by getting my Samsung appliances online with them. Between the discount and them fucking up the order which resulted in getting better model Samsung alliances and getting money back. ...but that was all due to their incompetence so I’m not sure if it’s a good thing for them lol.